Make the most of your week with our top 19 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, October 21 to Sunday, October 27, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in October 2019
Bust out your Halloween costume for Montrose’s annual bar crawl; party in pink for breast cancer awareness; hear from a CNN journalist and Bravo TV talk show host when they team up for an uncensored discussion; see an epic performance of the iconic musical, Cats; race through Memorial Park with coworkers and more.
Top 19 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Fall Festivals Happening Around Houston | Monday, October 21 to Sunday, October 27 – With Autumn in full swing, comes a lengthy list of seasonal festivals, including everything from Oktoberfests and culinary events to Halloween festivities and cultural celebrations. Times, prices, and locations vary.
- Kid-Friendly Halloween Events Around Houston | Monday, October 21 through Sunday, October 27 – Get in the spooky spirit of Halloween at events all month long with trick-or-treating in CityCentre, plenty of haunted houses, plus the family-friendly Zoo Boo and Scream on the Green, and more. Prices, times, and locations vary.
- Houston Corporate Run 5K at Memorial Park | Monday, October 21 to Thursday, October 24 – Network while working out at this annual corporate 5K held in Memorial Park. Now in its third year, the three-day event aims to promote health and fitness in the corporate community. Tickets for general admission starts at $45. 4pm to 7pm daily.
- Broadway Across America presents Cats at the Hobby Center | Tuesday, October 22 to Sunday, October 27 – Take a seat for Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Cats, the famous musical based on T.S. Eliott’s Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats, when the touring cast stops in Houston’s Hobby Center for a five-night stretch. Tickets are limited and start at $35, but you may find cheaper, better, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s resale market. Showtimes vary.
- 6th Annual Strong Finish Pink Party at Emancipation Park | Friday, October 25 | FREE – Wear pink to promote breast cancer awareness at the 6th Annual Strong Finish Pink Party in Emancipation Park. The event includes a fashion show, door prizes, nutrition tips, fitness demonstrations, and dancing. 11am to 2pm.
- Día de los Muertos Celebrations Around Houston | Friday, October 25 to Sunday, October 27 – Spend time with loved ones and honor the deceased with visual arts performances, community altars, sugar skull face-painting, live music and more, all in celebration of Día de los Muertos. Prices, times, and locations vary.
- Scream on the Green at Discovery Green | Friday, October 25 | FREE – Catch a free screening of The House with a Clock in its Walls, followed by a costume contest, games, fortune tellers, live statues, and entertainment when Discovery Green hosts its annual Halloween party, Scream on the Green. 6pm to 10pm.
- Wilco in Concert at Revention Music Center | Friday, October 25 – Head to Revention Music Center for a live show by Wilco, the Grammy-winning group that recently returned to the music scene with their October release, Ode to Joy, following a two-year hiatus. Tickets start at $39, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7:30pm.
- AC2 at Smart Financial Centre | Friday, October 25 – Experience an unscripted, uncensored night of conversation between journalist Anderson Cooper and Bravo TV personality Andy Cohen when the duo takes the stage of Smart Financial Centre. During the show, the longtime friends interview each other and take questions from the audience, revealing the insiders’ takes on pop culture and world events. Tickets start at $70, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- Halloween Classic Car Show at National Museum of Funeral History | Saturday, October 26 – Scope out more than 150 cars that range from classic to contemporary in the 12th annual Halloween Classic Car Show at National Museum of Funeral History. The show includes a live DJ, silent auction, local food vendors, and kids’ activities, as well as cars and hearses decked out in spooky décor. Tickets are $10 for individuals; $15 for couples and families. 10am to 3pm.
- 8th Annual Flying Saucer BeerFeast at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, October 26 | FREE – Take your pick from more than 100 craft brew samples, including rare and limited-releases, at the eighth annual Flying Saucer Beer Feast in Sugar Land Town Square. They’ll also have food, entertainment, and plenty of beer gurus on hand. 1pm to 6:30pm.
- Buzzfest at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Saturday, October 26 – Jam out to a full lineup of rock groups, including Godsmack, Bush, and Our Lady Peace, when Houston’s own 94.5 The Buzz hosts its annual music festival at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in The Woodlands. Halloween costumes are welcome. Tickets start at $22, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 3:30pm.
- Halloween Events and Parties Around Houston | Saturday, October 26 and Sunday, October 27 – Whether you’re looking to make your way through a terrifying haunted house, hop from bar to bar, have a cocktail with skeletons or go to an all-out costume ball, there are plenty of parties to let loose this Halloween in Houston. Prices, times, and locations vary.
- 13th Annual Montrose Crawl | Saturday, October 26 | No Cover – Hit up Montrose bars and restaurants while dressed up in a Halloween costume during the thirteenth annual Montrose Crawl. 6pm.
- Closing Reception: Seeding, Blooming, Renewal at Archway Gallery | Saturday, October 26 | FREE – Join Archway Gallery for a closing reception of Seeding, Blooming, Renewal featuring new works by artist, Becky Soria. For the closing reception, the artist herself will be on hand to discuss the work and there will be a poetry reading inspired by the exhibition by Loueva Smith. 6pm to 8pm.
- TableOne Dinner Series at Royal Sonesta Houston | Saturday, October 26 – Indulge in an intimate, seven-course meal and wine pairing prepared by Chef Robert Graham as part of the TableOne Dinner Series at Royal Sonesta. This month’s menu features dishes inspired by the great state of Texas. $150. If you’d like to stay the night, the hotel is offering a guest room package that starts at $193, available with promo code TABLE 1. 7pm to 10:30pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. New Orleans Pelicans at Toyota Center | Saturday, October 26 – Cheer loud for the Rockets when they hit the court to play the Pelicans at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $40, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Houston Texans vs Oakland Raiders at NRG Stadium | Sunday, October 27 – Watch the Houston Texans play Oakland on their home turf at NRG. Tickets start at $59, but you might find cheaper, better, hard-to-find tickets available on TicketNetwork’s online marketplace. Noon.
- Max Amini at Wortham Theater Center | Sunday, October 27 – Crackup at the impressive improv of Iranian-American stand-up comedian Max Amini, who will perform his set at the Cullen Theater in Downtown. Tickets start at $30. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).