Make the most of your week with our top picks and things to do this week in Houston from Monday, October 11 to Sunday, October 17, 2021.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Let us know at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, October 11 to Sunday, October 17, 2021.
Top 12 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Zombieland Movie Screening at Rooftop Cinema Club Uptown | Monday, October 11 – Survive a zombie apocalypse while watching a screening of the 2009 comedy and horror classic, Zombieland, starring Emma Stone, Jesse Eisenberg and Woody Harrelson at Rooftop Cinema Club in Uptown. $17.50 to $24.25. 10:15pm.
- Juanes at House of Blues | Tuesday, October 12 & Wednesday, October 13 – The Colombian singer-songwriter with 20 Latin Grammy Awards to his name arrives in Downtown for two nights of Latin pop faves, including some recent songs from his 2021 release, Origen. $69.50 to $149.50, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm both nights.
- Fat Tony & Cadence Weapon in Concert at White Oak Music Hall | Wednesday, October 13 – After dropping Exotica in late 2020, H-Town’s own Fat Tony teams up with Canadian rapper Cadence Weapon (who himself released an award-winning album in April, Parallel World) in a return to nationwide touring. $15 in advance, $20 day of the show. 7pm.
- Katt Williams at NRG Arena | Thursday, October 14 & Friday, October 15 – The comedian and actor, who most recently can be seen in his Netflix stand-up special, Great America, lands in Houston for back-to-back nights of Williams’ biting commentary on the hot topics of today. $59 to more than $250, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Showtimes vary.
- Mavis Staples Series Spectacular at Discovery Green | Friday, October 15 | FREE – One of the greatest gospel and soul singers to ever grace the stage will make her way to the Discovery Green stage in Downtown for a free show, headlining the ongoing Jazzy Sundays in the Parks concert series taking place across Houston. 7:30pm.
- Tuba Skinny in Concert at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Friday, October 15 | FREE | Virtual Option – Marvel at street musicians-turned-ensemble when Tuba Skinny bring their traditional New Orleans sound to the Hermann Park stage for an evening that weaves music of spirituals, Depression-era blues, ragtime, traditional jazz and more. This performance will also be livestreamed. 7:30pm.
- 2021 Houston AfriFest: 8th Annual Festival of African Arts Culture & Entertainment at Houston Baptist University | Saturday, October 16 – Witness a showcase of cultural and historical exhibitions from countries across the African content featuring live performances from Afro-Brazillian band Batalá, World Beat artist Emman LeGrand, and Joy of Djembe Drumming; activities like African storytelling, face painting, sports and more; when the 2021 Houston AfriFest: 8th Annual Festival of African Arts Culture and Entertainment returns to Houston Baptist University. $5 in advance; $10 at the gate; free for students with ID, ages 12 and under, and for ages 60 and up. Noon to 6pm.
- Oktoberfest & Cornhole Tournament at Southern Star Brewing in Conroe | Saturday, October 16 | No Cover – In Conroe, the Bombshell Blonde brewery kicks off a family-friendly Oktoberfest celebration, with special brews, food from the Saur Kraut, music by the Homebrewed Brass Ensemble, games and more. Plus, you can chip in to register a team for the 4-game round robin cornhole tournament. Noon to 10pm.
- Tacolandia 2021 at the Water Works at Buffalo Bayou | Saturday, October 16 – Unlimited taco samples are coming your way at Houston Press’ annual Tacolandia event (so long as you purchase a ticket, of course). This year’s vendor lineup includes Hughie’s, Los Tios, Pacific Coast Tacos, Tatemó and more, all ready to dish out the good stuff to the backdrop of the Houston skyline. $35 for general admission and $75 for VIP. 4pm to 7pm; VIP entry at 3pm.
- Houston Dynamo FC vs Seattle Sounders FC at BBVA Stadium | Saturday, October 16– Cheer the Houston Dynamo on to victory when they battle it out against Seattle Sounders FC at a match in the heart of EaDo. $20 to over $100, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Houston Dash vs. Portland Thorns FC at BBVA Stadium | Sunday, October 17 – In their final home game of the regular season, the Dash will host one of the strongest teams in the league, Portland Thorns FC, that includes USWNT champions Lindsey Horan, Meghan Klingenberg, and Becky Sauerbrunn. $12 to more than $50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6pm.
- James Taylor in Concert at Toyota Center | Sunday, October 17 – Head Downtown for an unforgettable performance when Toyota Center welcomes the legendary Grammy Award winner and singer-songwriter, James Taylor, for a live concert. Jackson Browne opens the show. $59 to $350. 7:30pm.
Save on Houston Museum & Brewery Passes
More Things to Do in Houston
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more online entertainment, limited events and other options online and around Houston.
- Things to Do at Home – Dig into a wide range of activities, entertainment, dining “out” at home options and more to do from the comfort of your own digs.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).