Make the most of your week with our top 12 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, October 16 to Sunday, October 22, 2017.
Also Happening This Week
Also in October 2017
Get loud at the Rockers season opener, watch monster trucks crush at the Monster Jam, test your Game of Thrones knowledge at trivia, celebrate Oktoberfest, stuff your face with tacos and more happening this week in Houston.
Top 12 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- The Great Banh Mi Cookoff at Chapman & Kirby | Tuesday, October 17 – Local chefs will show off their talent in this challenge to see who can make the best banh mi. You’ll get to sample and vote for the people’s choice winner. $30. 6:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Macklemore in Concert at House of Blues | Wednesday, October 18 – See rapper Macklemore perform live when his Gemini Tour rolls through Houston for a show at House of Blues. Tickets start at $36, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale market. 7pm.
- Game of Thrones Trivia Night at Your Pie in Downtown | Wednesday, October 18 – Test your GoT knowledge with themed trivia and nosh on special mystical pizzas at Your Pie in Downtown. 7:30pm.
- Happy Hour Thursdays at Museum of Fine Arts, Houston | No Cover – Stop by the MFAH for some tasty cocktails, food truck bites, and check out the latest exhibits, including the new Glamour and Romance of Oscar de la Renta. Museum admission is always free on Thursdays. 5pm to 9pm.
- University of Houston Cougars vs. Memphis Tigers at TDECU Stadium | Thursday, October 19 – Get your tickets to see this primetime game that pits the UH Cougars against Memphis. If you can’t make it, it’ll be playing on ESPN. Tickets start at $20, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale marketplace. 7pm.
- Punch Party at MFAH | Friday, October 20 – Sample 18th-century cocktails and modern punches while socializing on the terrace of MFAH’s Rienzi to the sounds of AMP’D, the quartet from Divisi Strings. Tickets start at $35. 7pm to 9pm.
- King’s Oktoberfest Weekend at King’s BierHaus in the Heights | Friday, October 20 to Sunday, October 22 – Get in on the Oktoberfest fun at King’s annual celebration at their Heights location with tons of German music, beer, food, competitions, giveaways and more. Tickets start at $12. Friday 5pm to midnight; Saturday noon to midnight; Sunday noon to 9pm.
- Houston Rockets Season Opener vs Dallas Mavericks at Toyota Center | Saturday, October 21 – Cheer the Rockets on to a victory in their first home game of the regular season against the Mavs. Tickets start at $27, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- Tacolandia at The Water Works at Buffalo Bayou Park | Saturday, October 21 – Stuff your face with as many tacos as you can get your hands on and wash ‘em down with a cocktail while live music fills the air at Houston Press’s annual Tacolandia event. Tickets start at $25. 4pm to 7pm.
- Monster Jam at NRG Stadium | Saturday, October 21 – Get jacked up at NRG when monster trucks plow through the arena in the entertaining Monster Jam. Tickets start at $10, but you might be able to secure better, cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork resale market. 7pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Chicago Fire at BBVA Compass Stadium | Sunday, October 22 – Cheer on the Dynamo in their final home game of the season, this one against Chicago at BBVA. Tickets start at $25, but TicketNetwork might offer cheaper, hard-to-find seats on their resale market. 3pm.
- Southern Smoke at Underbelly | Sunday, October 22 – Underbelly’s annual parking lot fundraiser will feature big names like Aaron Franklin, Terrence Gallivan and Seth Siegel-Gardner, Rodney Scott, Ryan Pera, Justin Yu, and Underbelly’s and One Fifth’s own Chris Shepherd. The event benefits Harvey relief. Tickets start at $200. 4pm to 8pm.
You can also search our interactive event calendar by date, location, and category.