Updated Monday, June 27, 2022 at 3:24pm
Make the most of your week with our top festivals, events, and things to do this week in Houston from Monday, June 27 to Sunday, July 3, 2022.
From food and concerts to Broadway shows and all the star spangled goodness you can think of, there is definitely something for everyone to enjoy in Houston this week.
We’ve whittled it down to our 15 picks for the week, but you can always check out the extended calendar for more happenings in Houston.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, June 27 to Sunday, July 3, 2022.
Top 15 Festivals, Events & Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Club Soda, No Twist Sober Happy Hour in Midtown | Monday, June 27 – Enjoy an evening mixer featuring a non-alcoholic beverage competition, light bites, an art show, live music and DJs, raffle prizes, a silent auction, and more at the a pop-up at Davis Holdings in Midtown. $20 donation to Houston Recovery Center. 5pm to 9pm.
- Comedian Alex Fernández at Houston Improv | Tuesday, June 28 – The Mexico City comic—previously spotted on Comedy Central and in his Netflix special, The Best Comedian in the World—lands at the Improv for one-night only. Tickets are sold by the table; $50 for 2, and up. 8pm.
- Perspectives on Art Collecting at the Grogan Gallery | Wednesday, June 29 | FREE – Learn about starting and developing your own art collection for your home or office over wine and light bites, with expert insights from an interior designer, art collector, and art professor. 6pm.
- Houston’s Homegrown Comedy Showcase at Houston Improv | Wednesday, June 29 – Grab a seat for a powerhouse showcase of Houston comics whose work has gone national—whether they’ve written for television, won major comedy festival awards, produced successful comedy albums, and more. Starts at $20 for 2 people. 7pm.
- Broadway Across America presents Disney’s Frozen at Hobby Center | Thursday, June 30 to Sunday, July 3 – The Broadway adaptation of Disney’s classic film Frozen comes to Downtown, bringing Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Kristoff, Sven, and more to the Hobby stage. $40 and up. Times vary.
- Night Light Bike Ride: R&B Groups at 3rd Ward Tours | Friday, July 1 – Perfect for cyclists of all experience levels, cruise Houston’s Third Ward while grooving to a playlist of classic R&B hits. $11; $28.50 with bicycle rental. 7pm.
- Rugby: United States Eagles vs. French Barbarians at Aveva Stadium | Friday, July 1 – International rugby comes to Houston as part of the USA Rugby Summer Series. $20 and up. 7:30pm.
- Houston Symphony presents Summer Symphony Nights at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Friday, July 1 & Saturday, July 2 | FREE – The Symphony continues a tradition that dates back more than 80 years, showcasing local, national and international soloists and conductors with the first two nights of unique programming this month. 8:30pm.
- Comedian Sam Morril at Houston Improv | Friday, July 1 to Sunday, July 3 – The Improv welcomes Sam Morril—stand-up comedian, actor, writer, and producer—for five sets across the weekend. The prolific New York comic has performed on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, The Late, Late Show with James Corden, Conan and more. Tickets are sold by the table; $50 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- Centennial Saturday at Houston Zoo | Saturday, July 2 – The Zoo celebrates its 100th anniversary on the first Saturday of each month, with special animal meet-and-greets, keeper talks, zoo trivia and more. Ticket prices vary. 9am to 3pm.
- Twilight Boat Tours at Allen’s Landing | Saturday, July 2 – Escape the summer heat as you glide along the Buffalo Bayou while on a 30-minute boat tour, checking out native plants and wildlife like herons, fish, turtles, and the occasional alligator. $12 and up. 5:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Rod Stewart, with Cheap Trick in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Saturday, July 2 – Sir Rod Stewart, the legendary two-time Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inducted singer-songwriter, takes the stage at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion along with fellow HOFers, Cheap Trick. $39.50 and up. 6:30pm.
- Anything For Selenas: A Selena Tribute Party at House of Blues | Saturday, July 2 – Catch a performance from Selena Forever, paying tribute to the life, music, and legacy of the one and only queen of Tejano Music. $15 and up. 8pm.
- 20th Annual Houston Caribbean Festival at India House | Sunday, July 3 – Spend a day enjoying authentic Caribbean food, arts and crafts, floats, and live entertainment by Lyrikal, Tropical Steelpan Orchestra, DJs, and more at India House near Missouri City. $25 and up. 3pm to 10pm.
- Star-Spangled Salute at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Sunday, July 3 | FREE – The Woodlands hosts an evening of patriotic fun, including a petting zoo, unique photo ops with characters and so much more. Cap off the evening with the Houston Symphony performing all of your favorite patriotic songs. 6:30pm.
Many More Things to Do in Houston
- Top Concerts & Live Shows This Week – Check out our top picks for local and touring musicians, stars, and personalities hitting the stage in H-Town this week.
- Top Games & Sports Events This Week – Scope out professional and select college sports games, touring athletic competitions, local fitness and participatory events, and more.
- Top Things to Do For Kids & Families This Week – Zero in on the best option for families and the junior set around Greater Houston.
- Current Temporary Museum Exhibits & Art Installations in Greater Houston – Explore the newest installations and exhibits on short term display at museums and locations around Houston, with a focus on art, history, and science.
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more live entertainment, events, pop-ups, markets, and other options around Houston.
Save on Houston Museum & Brewery Passes
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).