Sing along to biggest hits at these must-see live shows and concerts around Houston from Monday, August 19 through Sunday, August 25, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in August 2019
Legends of rock, funk, pop, and rap grace the stages across Houston this week for a killer slate of live music.
Top 10 Live Shows & Concerts in Houston This Week
- Mogwai, with Papa M at White Oak Music Hall | Thursday, August 22 – Pioneers of the post-rock genre make Houston one of several stops on their mini-tour through Texas and the southwest. Tickets are $22 in advance. 7:30pm.
- Heart, with Joan Jett & The Blackhearts, Elle King at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Thursday, August 22 – The classic rock group led by sisters Ann and Nancy Wilson have returned from a hiatus to embark on a summer tour with Joan Jett. Tickets range from $29.50 to $350, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Shakey Graves, with Dr. Dog, Caroline Rose at White Oak Music Hall | Friday, August 23 – The White Oak lawn plays host to a stellar lineup that includes the Austin-based Americana musician, Shakey Graves, rock group Dr. Dog, and the up-and-coming Caroline Rose. Tickets are $32 in advance; $37 at the door. 6:30pm.
- Nelly, with TLC, Flo Rida at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Friday, August 23 – One of the best-selling rap artists of all time lands in the Woodlands for a performance of his hits from Country Grammar to his 2013 release, M.O. T-Boz and Chilli of TLC play in support. Tickets start at $25, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Yelawolf at House of Blues | Friday, August 23 – The Alabama-based rapper hits the road on his annual Slumfest Devils Pass Bike Tour in support of his fifth studio album, Trunk Muzik III, released in March. Tickets range from $25 to $39.50. 8pm.
- Mon Laferte at Revention Music Center | Saturday, August 24 – The Latin Grammy-winning Chilean singer-songwriter arrives in Downtown for a performance of her hits from the recent multi-platinum album, Norma, and other songs from her deeper catalog that stretches back over a decade. Tickets start at $98. 7:30pm.
- Paul Wall, with Big Yogi, Edj Theiceman at Scout Bar | Saturday, August 24 – Houston’s own Swishahouse rapper makes an appearance in Clear Lake with Big Yogi and special guests. Tickets are $20 in advance; $25 day of the show, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 9pm.
- The B-52s, with OMD, Berlin at Smart Financial Centre | Saturday, August 24 – Over 20 million albums and 40 years later, The B-52s head out on a global anniversary tour with OMD and Berlin opening. Tickets range from $59.50 to $99.50, but limited discounted tickets start at $45, or you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic, with Galactic, Fishbone, and more at Revention Music Center | Sunday, August 25 – The Prime Minister of Funk returns with a psychedelic night that will get your body moving courtesy of the “One Nation Under A Groove” tour. Tickets range from $45 to over $145. 7pm.
- The Smashing Pumpkins, with Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, AFI at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Sunday, August 25 – With most of the founding members returning, The Smashing Pumpkins hit the road on a tour in support of their late-2018 release, Shiny and Oh So Bright Vol. 1 / LP: No Past. No Future. No Sun. Tickets range from 29.50 to $179.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).