Houston comes alive at night, with dives, cocktail bars, and nightclubs dotting the city. In our Houston Nightlife: Best Bars, we’ll cover the best night owl watering holes in each neighborhood.
With the restaurant-heavy Memorial City Mall and CityCentre, this underrated part of town is the perfect place to unwind with a drink.
Note: For the purposes of this list, Memorial City is defined by this map.
The Best Bars in Memorial City
- Bowl & Barrel – Grab a drink and throw a strike at this chic bowling alley and bar hybrid, located in CityCentre. Sip beers by the barrel and bottle alongside tasty cocktails like the Ruby Rose, Tincup Old Fashioned, and Kingsman Sangria, and tack on giant pretzels dipped in fondue, sliders in a bag, and shareable pizzas. Click here for directions.
- By Popular Demand – Unwind with top-shelf spirits, whiskey and bourbon at this relaxed neighborhood haunt, which mixes a living room and lounge with a cozy covered patio. You’ll also find beers, wines, and cocktails along with shareable plates, including loaded totchos, classic wings, and pigs in a blanket. Click here for directions.
- The General Public – It’s all about the bourbon at this upscale gastropub, with pours from Elijah Craig and Basil Hayden’s to Hudson Baby and Highwest American. Or go for cocktails like the fresh jalapeño, tequila, and honey kissed Bee Sting and ginger beer and blackberry infused Mezcal Mule alongside eats from honey fried chicken to tuna nachos. Look out for daily happy hour and bourbon & burger promos. Click here for directions.
- Kuu – Wine, sake, and tinctures await at this modern Japanese restaurant and bar. Pony up to the bar and pair seasonally-inspired craft cocktails or a Japanese whiskey flight with sake crudo, chili prawn, and crispy duck; and look out for specials during Social Hour. Click here for directions.
- Monnalisa Bar – With a dreamy starlit ceiling and open-air courtyard complete with an infinity pool, draped cabanas, and sultry lanterns, this lounge and bar is the place to be by night. Stop by the Hotel Sorella bar for high-class cocktails and wines alongside live music Wednesday through Sunday. Click here for directions.
- State Fare – Not only does this popular bar and kitchen offer elevated comfort food, it also rocks some serious cocktails. Sip boozy frozen margaritas and Aperol spritzes at the bar, and tack on shareables like smoked chicken nachos and short rib poutine. Click here for directions.
- The Tasting Room – This popular CityCentre wine café is serious about wine, offering a smart list of bubbles and wines on tap and by the glass and bottle. Grab some friends and share a bottle or two over cheese and charcuterie boards, truffle fries, kobe beef sliders, wild mushroom pizza, and Gulf Coast crab cakes. Click here for directions.
- Tipping Point – Head to the chic bar and lounge area at this Hotel ZaZa restaurant and terrace to enjoy lamb lollipops, volcano salt french fries, and wonton tuna tacos alongside a stellar selection of wines, sparklings, beers and cocktails like the Mexican Paloma and Prosecco-kissed Bubbly Berry. Click here for directions.
- Other great options – Sip a seasonally inspired cocktail at Radio Milano’s Milano Bar; hit the bar for specialty cocktails, rotating kegs, and seasonal sangria at Liberty Kitchen Treehouse; and sip vino at the Vine Wine Room nearby on Memorial.