Get out and show your enthusiasm for Star Wars and the Galaxy Far, Far Away, regardless of age with celebrations, parties, and possibilities across the greater Space City from Saturday, May 4 to Sunday, May 5, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in May 2019
Once just a punny turn of phrase, May the fourth has become the officially unofficial holiday for fans of the Star Wars saga (“May the fourth be with you”). Check out these options across the city for fans big and small.
- 8th Annual May the 4th Art Festival | Saturday, May 4 and Sunday, May 5 – Celebrate all things Star Wars with over 100 artists and vendors, DJs, food trucks, and costumes at the 8th Annual May the 4th Art Festival. Tickets are $10 at the door; free for kids under 12. Noon to 6pm both days.
Saturday, May 4, 2019
- May the 4th Be With You: A Star Wars Celebration at Friendswood Public Library | No Cover – Star Wars fans young and old are invited to celebrate May the 4th Be With You at Friendswood Public Library. Enjoy the original trilogy or venture into the library to take photos with Star Wars characters, compete in a costume contest, make a craft, take part in a lightsaber battle and more. 10am to 6pm.
- May the 4th Be With You Party at Southern Star Brewing Co. | No Cover – Channel your inner Star Wars fanatic this May the fourth with a themed party at Southern Star Brewing Co. You’ll find costume contests for both adults and children, craft beer, live entertainment, and food trucks. Noon to 4pm.
- May The 4th Be With You at Painting with a Twist (Houston Memorial) – Join other Star Wars fans and celebrate May the 4th by making special themed artwork at Painting with a Twist in the Memorial area. Instructors will guide you step-by-step in painting your own masterpiece. Tickets are $35. 1pm to 3pm.
- May the Fourth Be with You at GameGuys Warehouse – Dress up as your favorite Star Wars character as GameGuys Warehouse throws a May the 4th with an all-ages cosplay contest. Tickets are $15. 7pm to 11pm.
- Margarita-Vader: Lost Shaker of Salt Jimmy Buffet Tribute Band at House of Blues – Celebrate Star Wars Day in one of the city’s oddest mash-ups at a show headlined by Jimmy Buffett cover band, Lost Shaker of Salt. Police tribute band Synchronicity III opens. Tickets are $15, but limited comped (you only pay the ticketing fee) tickets are available. 8pm.
- May The Fourth Be With You at The Continental Club – The Continental Club on Mid Main celebrates May the 4th with music from Xanadudes and The Monicas, DJs, a photo booth and more. Wear a Star Wars themed costume for half off entry. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- Star Wars: Unscripted May the Fourth Special at CSz Houston – Back, for one night only, the fan-favorite Star Wars: Unscripted, comes to CSz Houston. Celebrate May the Fourth as the ComedySportz cast takes audience members’ suggestions to re-imagine Star Wars: A New Hope. Tickets are $14, but limited, discounted $10 tickets are available. 10:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).