Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, October 18 to Sunday, October 22, 2017.
Also Happening This Week
Also in October 2017
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
Wednesday, October 18, 2017
- Trivia night with Geeks Who Drink at Bakfish Brewing Company | No Cover – Geeks Who Drink Pub Quizzes host a trivia night of anything from pop culture to sports at Bakfish Brewing Company in Pearland. 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Macklemore in Concert at House of Blues – Rapper Macklemore hits the stage at House of Blues in Downtown for his Gemini Tour. Tickets range from $36 to $66. 7pm.
- The Walking Dead Trivia at Under the Radar – Dress like a zombie and test your Walking Dead skills for special prizes at Under the Radar Brewery. 7pm to 10pm.
- Couples Painting Party: Date Night at Southern Star Brewing Company – Paint On Tap hosts a Couples Painting Party that includes a 3-hour painting party, 3 beers per person, and delectable Hors d’oeuvres available during the class at Southern Star Brewing Company. Cost is $90 per couple. 7pm to 10pm.
- Game of Thrones Trivia Night at Your Pie in Downtown – Every Wednesday in October, Your Pie on Main Street will be hosting a Game of Thrones trivia night. They’ll be serving up specialty Mystical GoT Neapolitan-style pizzas, giving away more than $50 in weekly prizes, and offering up $12.99 pizza and beer/wine specials for players ready to test their GoT knowledge and earn the trivia title of “Breaker of Chains”. No cover to play; $12.99 for Build-Your-Pizza plus draft beer (under $6) or house wine (cab or chardonnay). 7:30pm.
- Preview Night: Sender at The Rec Room – Rec Room Arts presents Sender a regional premiere of a raucous new comedy by Ike Holter, winner of the Windham-Campbell Literature Prize for Drama. Tickets are half off at the door for this preview night only. $12.50; $7.50 for students with a valid ID. Free for Rec Room Arts members. 8pm.
- Quiz for a Cause at Little Woodrow’s in The Heights – Grab your smartest friends, come up with a catchy team name, and enjoy a fun night of trivia to benefit GiGi’s Playhouse at Little Woodrow’s in the Heights. Cover charge is $5. 8pm to 10pm.
Thursday, October 19, 2017
- Cultured Cocktails & Bingo with Zine Fest Houston at Bar Boheme | No Cover – Enjoy drinks, conversation, and bingo at Boheme Cafe & Wine Bar when a portion of the proceeds from all drink sales during the 5pm to 8pm happy hour will go to support Zine Fest Houston. 5pm to 8pm.
- Happy Hour Thursdays at Museum of Fine Arts, Houston | No Cover – Stop by the MFAH for some tasty cocktails, food truck bites, and check out the latest exhibits, including the new Glamour and Romance of Oscar de la Renta. Museum admission is always free on Thursdays. 5pm to 9pm.
- Beer Dinner at Raven Tower – Chef Jason Kerr and Chef Becca Reyenga prepare a delectable 4-course dinner with beer pairings from 4th Tap at the Raven Tower. Tickets are $65. 5pm to 10pm.
- Network After Work Houston at Bovine & Barley – Make connections in a relaxed and upbeat atmosphere while expanding your network of contacts to fuel your career or business goals at Bovine & Barley. Tickets start at $15 and $40 for VIP. 6pm to 9pm.
- Love Street Light Circus with Bayou Buddies at Buffalo Bayou Park – The young professional’s group, Bayou Buddies, invites you to join the “Love Generation” for an evening at the original home of Love Street Light Circus and Feelgood Machine, Houston’s most popular psychedelic club in the late 1960s and now the Sunset Coffee Building at Buffalo Bayou Park. Tickets range from $30 to $50. 7pm to 10pm.
- Houston Roller Derby Bingo Fundraiser at Heights Bier Garten – Join the Houston Roller Derby at Heights Bier Garten for a bingo night fundraiser event and see what color your favorite skaters will be wearing next season. Cover charge at the door. 7pm to 10pm.
- Marc Anthony in Concert at Toyota Center – Puerto Rican superstar Marc Anthony plays hits like “Vivir Mi Vida” and “You Sang to Me” at the Toyota Center. Tickets start at $55. 8pm.
- Nothing Matters: Emo Indie Punk Party at The Secret Group – Sing and dance your feelings out at this emo, indie, and punk party while enjoying cheap drinks at The Secret Group. Free for guests 21 and older and $10 for 20 and under. 10pm.
Friday, October 20, 2017
- 2000s Trivia at Saint Arnold Brewing Company | No Cover – Relive the days of MySpace, Destiny’s Child, AOL and more during this 2000s Trivia Night at the Saint Arnold brewery. Taps open at 5pm and trivia starts at 7pm. 5pm to 10pm.
- Evanescence in Concert at Revention Music Center – Wake up inside and rock out as Evanescence hits the stage at Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $48. 7pm.
- Friday Night Lights: Chopped and Screwed in 3rd Ward – Cruise the streets on your bike as 3rd Ward Tours slow it down and listen to this influential style of music that originated in the Houston Hip-Hop scene in the early 1990’s by DJ Screw. Tickets are $10 if you bring your own bike and $21 to rent one. 7pm to 9:30pm.
- Punch Party at Rienzi – Sample 18th-century cocktails and modern punches while socializing on the Rienzi’s terrace to the sounds of AMP’D, the quartet from Divisi Strings. Cocktails provided by Mongoose vs. Cobra. Tickets are $40 for nonmembers and $35 for members. 7pm to 9pm.
- Hayes Carll in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Originally from The Woodlands, Hayes Carll comes to town to play songs off of his new record Lovers and Leavers at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets start at $20. 8pm to 11pm.
- Rooftop Party: Salsa & Bachata Social Mixer at Atlas Pub – Learn, have fun, and shake your hips to some Salsa and Bachata beats through the night with the Latin Dance Factory at Atlas Pub. Class begins at 8pm and 9pm. The social begins at 10pm. Tickets are $15 before 10pm; $10 after 10pm. 8pm.
- Halloween Bloodbath Gig & Costume Party at Satellite Bar – Local bands like Deep Cuts and Young Mammals get together to perform covers of their favorite songs at this Halloween show and costume party at Satellite Bar. Tickets are $10 with a costume and $25 without a costume. Doors at 8pm.
- DJ Gareth Emery at Stereo Live – Electronic musician, producer, and DJ Gareth Emery plays EDM at Stereo Live for his Saving Light Tour. Tickets are $20. 9pm.
- A Fistful of Soul: 8th Anniversary at The Continental Club | No Cover – Celebrate 8 years of Houston’s ’60s soul dance party, A Fistful of Soul, by dancing at The Continental Club. 10pm.
Saturday, October 21, 2017
- Karthik Kumar at Rockefellers Houston – Stand up comedian Karthik Kumar presents his new show, Blood Chutney -Main Course Comedy Side Dish Blood, at Rockefellers Houston. Tickets are $25. There will be a performance at 4pm and 8pm.
- Rooftop Pool Party: One Night Stand at Aloft Houston Downtown – If you’re looking to add a little culture to your summer party picture, head to the rooftop at Aloft Houston Downtown for this special social event featuring fashion shows, live painting, poetry, music and more. Full price tickets start at $15.50, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $7.75. 5pm to 9pm.
- 7th Annual Houston Halloween Festival in The Heights – The Houston Zombie Walk presents their annual Houston Halloween Festival in The Heights. This festival will feature entertainment and activities for the entire family including live music, beer gardens, artist and business vendors, food trucks, costume contests, and a large Kids Zone. Tickets are $10. 5pm to 10pm.
- Nightmares Art Show at The Hardy & Nance Studios | FREE – Get spooked at the Nightmares Art Show, an exhibition that showcases all the things you are afraid of on different mediums of art, at The Hardy & Nance Studios. 6pm to 9pm.
- 3rd Annual Woostock at Wooster’s Garden | No Cover – Put on your party pants and prepare for Wooster’s 3rd Annual Woostock Festival, a music fest featuring local bands, beers, booze, and bites. 6pm to 9pm.
- Neon Garden: Music Series at Axelrad | No Cover – The Neon Garden concert series showcases bands who play synth-heavy music at Axelrad. Headliners include Carpoolparty, Parker Luis Can’t Lose, I Love You Alex Rogan and more. 7pm.
- R&B Super Jam at Smart Financial Centre – Get ready for nothing but R&B with the all-star lineup featuring Tyrese, Joe, Donelle Jones, Faith Evans, and Jon B at the Smart Financial Centre at Sugar Land. Tickets start at $79. 7:30pm.
- The Doomsday Wrestling Halloween Special at Numbers Nightclub – The Doomsday Wrestling group is all set to give Houston some gory and gruesome grappling for Halloween at Numbers Nightclub. Tickets are $16 and $23 for front row seats. 8pm to 11pm.
- The Late Show at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar – Step into the Roaring ’20s, when skirts were short and booze was a secret pleasure. The Moonlight Dolls and special guests perform classic and tasteful stripteases, plus vocalists, dancers, and aerialists showcasing their signature acts. Tickets are $40, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $24. Click here for more information. 11:30pm.
Sunday, October 22, 2017
- Beer and Chips Art Festival at 8th Wonder Brewery – Spend your Sunday Funday enjoying a variety of beers, freshly cooked chips, art from over 50 international artists, and live music at 8th Wonder Brewery. This is a family-friendly event. Noon to 7pm.
- Miami Vice Sunday Funday at Henke & Pillot Houston | No Cover – Spend your Sunday Funday having drinks and brunch as DJ Johnny Mac spins Miami style beats at Henke & Pillot Houston. 3pm.
- Southern Smoke at Underbelly – Hit the parking lot and streets behind Blacksmith, Hay Merchant, and Underbelly for a barbecue-filled fundraiser benefiting Hurricane Harvey relief efforts. Tickets are $200 for general admission and $350 for VIP. 4pm to 8pm.
- Ghostbusters Movie Screening at Karbach Brewing Co. | No Cover – The Alamo Drafthouse Rolling Roadshow screens the original 1984 movie Ghostbusters at Karbach Brewing Co. The first 100 in attendance will receive a free commemorative glass. 6pm to 9pm.
- Foghat in Concert at Dosey Doe – The legendary ’70s English rock band, Foghat comes to The Woodlands to perform at Dosey Doe. Tickets start at $98. 7:30pm to 10pm.