Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, October 23 to Sunday, October 27, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in October 2019
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
Wednesday, October 23, 2019
- Singo Bingo at Cottonwood | No Cover – Play along during a game that is a little ‘name that song’ mixed with bingo for prizes at Cottonwood. 6:30pm.
- Clairo in Concert at House of Blues – Bursting from YouTube in 2017, the lo-fi indie-pop musician Clairo, released her debut album in early August, Immunity, and now tours the country with support from beabadoobee and Hello Yello. Tickets are $22.50, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Sum 41 in Concert at Revention Music Center – The one-time pop-punk favorites, Sum 41, have begun to push into harder territory with their mid-summer release, Order in Decline, which marks their seventh studio album in nearly twenty years. Watch them perform live at Revention Music Center. Tickets range from $16 to over $40, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- $2 Bill Two Dollar Comedy Show at the Secret Group – The Secret Group hosts the weekly $2 Bill Two Dollar Comedy Show every Wednesday in EaDo. There will be happy hour throughout the comedy show, and the karaoke afterwards, with $2 cans of Tecate beer and $5 shots of Espolòn Tequila. There will also be free chips and salsa from El Real Tex-Mex. Cover is $2. 8pm.
- Date for a Night at Etro Lounge & Nightclub | No Cover – Etro hosts a weekly dance party featuring ’80s and early ’90s videos on a giant video screen. Music spun by DJ Brandon Duhon and DJ Girl Prrrts. There will be free old school arcade games. 10pm to 2am.
Thursday, October 24, 2019
- A Harry Potter Halloween at Cafeza | No Cover – Cafeza in The Heights transforms into “Three Broomsticks” for a Harry Potter-themed night of food, trivia, and “Butterbeer” galore. Dress up as your favorite character for the costume contest. 6pm to 10pm.
- Bingo Night at Under the Radar Brewery | No Cover – Try your luck for a chance to win prizes in the beer garden at Under the Radar Brewery’s Bingo Night. There will be $4 happy hour pints preceding the event, from 4pm to 7pm. Bingo begins at 7pm.
- Temples in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The English rock band, Temples, performs live at White Oak Music Hall in support of their latest album, Hot Motion. Tickets start at $23, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 7pm.
- Hobo Johnson in Concert at House of Blues – The hip-hop vocalist, Hobo Johnson, brings a bevy of new songs from the recent release of his charting album, The Fall of Hobo Johnson to the House of Blues. The Lovemakers opens the show. Tickets are $25, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- CSz presents The EaDo Comedy Show at CSz Arena – Catch plenty of high-energy characters, fast-paced scenes and personal absurdities in The Eado Comedy Show, CSz Houston’s long-form improv show that draws from the fun East Downtown neighborhood vibe. Full price tickets are $10, but limited, discounted $5 tickets available. 8pm.
- Axelween at Axelrad | No Cover – Axelrad beer garden in Midtown hosts its Halloween party with dancing, candy, drinks, and even a haunted house. 8pm.
Friday, October 25, 2019
- Friday Night Live at Evelyn’s Park | No Cover – Spend Friday night enjoying live music from local musicians, food, drinks, and fun every week at Evelyn’s Park. 6:30pm to 10pm.
- Explosions in the Sky in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Take in the powerful sounds of Explosions in the Sky, a Texas-based post-rock quartet who’s performing live at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets start at $25 plus fees, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- Grand Tapestry in Concert at Miller Outdoor Theatre | No Cover – Marrying hip-hop with centuries-old traditions of Hindustani (North Indian) classical music, Grand Tapestry bridges that gap. Watch the trio perform live at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 7:30pm.
- Wilco in Concert at Revention Music Center – The Grammy-winning group fronted by Jeff Tweedy, Wilco, have officially ended their two-year hiatus to tour their early October release, Ode to Joy. Tickets range from $39 to $60, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Classic Numbers: Every Friday at Numbers Nightclub – Go back to the ’80s and hear hits from The Smiths, The Cure, Blondie and more every Friday night at the always eclectic, Numbers Nightclub in Montrose. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
Saturday, October 26, 2019
- BuzzFest, featuring Godsmack, Bush, Live, Our Lady Peace & More at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – The annual rock tradition returns with a slate of bands that command the airwaves of Houston’s 94.5 The Buzz. Bands include Godsmack, Bush, Live and many more. Tickets range from $29.50 to $129.50, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 2:30pm.
- Halloween Pub Crawl in Downtown – Nightcrawlers HTX has partnered up with Downtown Houston bars to host the Halloween Pub Crawl. Dress in costume and head to this Halloween-themed crawl featuring drink specials at every bar and giveaways throughout the crawl. Tickets start at $30. 3pm to 9pm.
- Halloween Bar Crawl in Midtown – Put on your costume and head to Midtown for a Halloween Bar Crawl that includes plenty of drink and food specials, as well as professional photographers snapping pics of the night. Bars include Dogwood, Front Porch Pub, Capitol Bar, and Jack & Ginger’s. Check-in bar is TBA. Tickets for general admission start at $20. 4pm.
- Dia de los Muertos Procession and Celebration at Casa Ramirez FolkArt Gallery – In celebration of ancestors and loved ones, Casa Ramirez FolkArt Gallery hosts a Dia de los Muertos event with altar displays, a performance, and procession led by Danza Azteca Taxcayolotl, music by Jesus and Maria Lozano-Bossa ll, and more. 5pm to 8pm.
- 13th Annual Montrose Crawl | No Cover – Put on your Halloween costume and crawl to the bars and restaurants between Dunlavy and Montrose on Westheimer for the 13th Annual Montrose Crawl. 6pm.
- Closing Reception: Seeding, Blooming, Renewal at Archway Gallery | FREE – Join Archway Gallery for a closing reception of Seeding, Blooming, Renewal featuring new works by artist Becky Soria. For the closing reception, the artist herself will be on hand to discuss the work and there will be a poetry reading inspired by the exhibition by Loueva Smith. 6pm to 8pm.
- Tyler the Creator in Concert at NRG Arena – Jam out to the powerful rhymes of Tyler the Creator when he performs live on the “Golf Wang Tour” at NRG. Tickets start at $39, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- Spirits & Skeletons Halloween Party at Houston Museum of Natural Science – The entire museum is open for you to shake your stuff with a Stegosaurus and get spellbound by bewitching gems, all to live music, two DJs and fantastic food trucks parked outside at the annual Spirits & Skeletons Halloween party at the Houston Museum of Natural Science. Tickets are $60 for non-members; $30 for members. 8pm to 10pm.
- The Late Show: Bathtub Full of Gin at Prohibition Supperclub – Step into the Roaring ’20s, when skirts were short and booze was a secret pleasure. Bathtub Full of Gin is Terrible Enfant Theatre Company’s immersive dance party series, where evocative theatre performances combine with high-energy electro swing music. Tickets are $20 for standing; $35 for seated, but limited, discounted $10 standing tickets are available for most shows. 11:30pm.
Sunday, October 27, 2019
- Halloweenie Party at Axelrad | No Cover – Dress up your Dachshund and bring them over to the Halloweenie Party at Axelrad. There will be a pup costume contest, a photo booth, a silent auction, and the Texas Dachshund Rescue (ATDR) will be there with some foster dogs. Noon to 2:30pm.
- Hallows Eve Cup at Houston Polo Club – Put on your Halloween costumes and watch two teams battle it out for the Hallows Eve Cup at Houston Polo Cup. Enjoy a candy toss for the kids, live flamenco guitar music, a champagne divot stomp and pony bounce at halftime. Tickets start at $30 for adults; $15 for children on the Red Oak Lawn; Grandstand seats for 2 to 20 people range from $79 to $695. 4pm.
- Comedian Max Amini at Wortham Theater Center – Known for his impressive improvisational abilities, the Iranian-American stand-up comedian, Max Amini, appears at the Cullen Theater in Downtown. Tickets range from $30 to $85. 7pm.
- Zac Brown Band in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – Sing along to Texas country hits when Zac Brown Band presents “The Owl Tour” with Lukas Nelson and Promise of the Real at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. Tickets start at $34, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- Tool in Concert at Toyota Center – After thirteen years, the prolific prog-metal band, Tool, returns following the release of one of this year’s most popular albums, Fear Inoculum. Killing Joke opens the show. Tickets range from $59.50 to $149.50, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).