Make the most of your week with our top 11 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, June 25 to Sunday, July 1, 2018.
Also in June 2018
Happening This Week
Top 11 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Houston Young Artists Concert at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Monday, June 25 and Tuesday, June 26 | FREE – See musical performances from local young musicians at the Miller Outdoor Theatre. 11am each day.
- Summer Camp: Cooking with Class at Baytown Parks and Recreation | Tuesday, June 26 to Thursday, June 28 – Students learn kitchen safety and sanitation in line with industry standards, plus a variety of recipes and cooking techniques at this Summer Camp week at Baytown Parks and Recreation. Tickets are $125 per child. Classes for ages 6 to 12 are from 10am to 1pm. Classes for ages 13 to 17 are from 3pm to 6pm.
- Circus Arts at Discovery Green | Tuesday, June 26 | FREE – Circus Arts is a class that consists of ground arts and ground acrobatics such as contortion/flexibility, low tight wire, partner acrobatics, juggling, and hand balancing. Guests must be 13 and up for class. 6pm to 8pm.
- Children’s Bingo Night at Levy Park | Wednesday, June 27 | FREE – Bring the kids to play a 30-minute outdoor game of bingo at Levy Park. 4:30pm.
- Summer Bonus Open Studio Series at CAMH | Thursday, June 28 – The Contemporary Arts Museum, Houston hosts their Summer Open Studios, a drop-in workshop with hands-on activities related to current exhibitions for creatives of all ages. Each Thursday will be a different theme. 2pm.
- Black Panther Movie Screening at Houston Public Library | Thursday, June 28 | FREE – Watch an outdoor screening of the latest Black Panther movie at the Houston Public Library in Downtown. 7pm to 9pm.
- Champions of Magic at Hobby Center | Thursday, June 28 to Sunday, July 1 – Marvel at 5 world-class illusionists that make up the Champions Of Magic as they return to the USA for their 2018 national tour at the Hobby Center for the Performing Arts. Tickets start at $24, but 365 readers can use the promocode Illusion50 for 50% off tickets when buying 4 or more. Times vary per day.
- Moana Movie Screening at Levy Park | Friday, June 29 | FREE – Pack a few lawn chairs and relax at Levy Park for a free, family-friendly movie screening of Disney’s animated film, Moana. 8pm.
- Wonderland Family Playhouse in Downtown | Saturday, June 30 – Brought to you by Playhouse on the Prairie, in collaboration with Conservatory and Prohibition Theatre, this family event includes kids activities at Conservatory from 11am to 3pm and a production of Alice! at Prohibition Theatre at noon. Tickets are $20 for the play. 11am.
- Independence Day Celebration at Traders Village | Sunday, July 1 | FREE – Bring your family to Traders Village for a day of live music by Al Mesa, face painting, balloon artists, and free American Flags for the first 1,000 guests. Noon to 5pm.
- Fulshear’s Freedom Festival: Red, White & Boogie | Sunday, July 1 | FREE – The City of Fulshear host their annual Freedom Festival with the themed, Red, White & Boogie. This year, the fest will feature music from the disco band Le Freak, food trucks, vendors, kids activities, and a firework show. 6pm to 9:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).