Make the most of your week with our top 11 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, September 18 to Sunday, September 24, 2017.
Top 11 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Toddler Tuesdays at Discovery Green | Tuesday, September 19 | FREE – Bring your toddler to Discovery Green park to enjoy a new storybook and activities each week. 10:30am to noon.
- Nature Story Time at Nature Discovery Center | Wednesday, September 20 | No Cover – Bring the family to enjoy an interactive story time about animals and nature at Nature Discovery Center. This event is free to attend. Call in advance if you have a group of more than 6 children. 4pm to 4:30pm.
- Circo Avenida at Discovery Green | Friday, September 22 | FREE – Witness a family-friendly circus-like event with acrobats, contortionists and more at Discovery Green park in the heart of Downtown. 7pm to 9pm.
- Smurfs: The Lost Village Movie Screening at Memorial City | Friday, September 22 | FREE – Bring the kiddos to watch their favorite small blue creatures in the animated movie, Smurfs: The Lost Village, on The Square at Memorial City Mall. 8pm to 10pm.
- Caturday Morning Cartoons at El Gato Coffeehouse | Saturday, September 23 – Spend a lazy Saturday morning watching cat-themed cartoons from the ’90s at this family-friendly event El Gato Coffeehouse Cat Cafe. Tickets are $10 an hour for kids ages 5 to 17; $12 an hour with a student ID; $14 an hour for adults. 10am to 2pm.
- Take Me Outdoors Houston at Discovery Green | Saturday, September 23 | FREE – Take Me Outdoors Houston offers a family-oriented festival of the outdoors featuring educational demonstrations of live hawks and other animals, hands-on activities, booths and more in the heart of Downtown. 10am to 3pm.
- Harley Quinn & Batman Day at Bedrock City Comic Co. | Saturday, September 23 | FREE – Celebrate Harley Quinn and Batman as all Bedrock City Comics’ locations team up with DC Comics for a fun day of activities. Enjoy comic-themed activities for kids and adults, a kids costume contest, photo ops with the characters, toys and of course, comic books. 10am to 7pm.
- Garbage Island at the Rec Room | Saturday, September 23 – This new episode of Garbage Island features some of the same characters from the original show, along with brand new characters and Fall-themed fun. It will focus on the great outdoors, with a special video taped segment on how to use and reuse. Each performance will culminate in a big kid dance party, with Garbage Man Joe and the cast. Tickets are $8 to $15. There will be a performance at 10:30am and 1pm.
- League City Family Fun Day Festival at Hometown Heroes Park | Saturday, September 23 | FREE – Tots N’ Teens Pediatric Dentistry hosts a Family Fun Day with plenty of kids activities, a moon walk, entertainment, food trucks and more at Hometown Heroes Park. 3pm to 7pm.
- Authors Jessica Lee Anderson, Mari Mancusi, & Joy Preble at Brazos Bookstore | Saturday, September 23 | FREE – Texas children’s authors Jessica Lee Anderson, Mari Mancusi, and Joy Preble chat with CBAY editor Madeline Smoot about Anderson’s middle-grade Uncertain Summer and the anthology Dragons and Witches, with re-imagined fairy tales by both Mancusi and Preble. There will also be some kids activities and a book signing. 3pm.
- The Ultimate Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Party Movie Screening at Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park | Sunday, September 24 – Enter into a world of pure imagination at this Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory-themed party and movie screening of the 1971 classic that will feature candy, bubbles, and even a Q&A with Mike TeeVee (Paris Themmen) and Veruca Salt (Julie Dawn Cole). Tickets are $28.07. There will be a showing at 3:15pm, 5:30pm, and 6:45pm.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.