Make the most of your week with our top 12 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, September 25 to Sunday, October 1, 2017.
Top 12 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Dr. Kaboom at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Monday, September 25 | FREE – Get your science on when Doktor Kaboom performs original interactive Science Comedy shows for audiences of all ages at Miller Outdoor Theatre in the heart of the Museum District. 11am.
- Toddler Tuesdays at Discovery Green | Tuesday, September 16 | FREE – Bring your toddler to Discovery Green park to enjoy a new storybook and activities each week. 10:30am to noon.
- Nature Story Time at Nature Discovery Center | Wednesday, September 27 | No Cover – Bring the family to enjoy an interactive story time about animals and nature at Nature Discovery Center. This event is free to attend. Call in advance if you have a group of more than 6 children. 4pm to 4:30pm.
- No Bully Here performance at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Thursday, September 28 | FREE – This informative and inspirational celebration, presented by the City of Houston, features music, dance, and celebrity appearances for students and schools committed to nonviolence. 11am.
- Circo Avenida at Discovery Green | Friday, September 29 | FREE – Witness a family-friendly circus-like event with acrobats, contortionists and more at Discovery Green park in the heart of Downtown. 7pm to 9pm.
- Sing Movie Screening at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Friday, September 29 | FREE – Watch the animated movie about a koala who stages a singing competition in order to save his theater under the stars in the Museum District at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 7:30pm.
- Wonder Woman Movie Screening at Memorial City | Friday, September 29 | FREE – Enjoy an outdoor screening of the 2017 live action movie, Wonder Woman, on The Square at Memorial City Mall. 8pm to 10pm.
- Caturday Morning Cartoons at El Gato Coffeehouse | Saturday, September 30 – Spend a lazy Saturday morning watching cat-themed cartoons from the ’90s at this family-friendly event El Gato Coffeehouse Cat Cafe. Tickets are $10 an hour for kids ages 5 to 17; $12 an hour with a student ID; $14 an hour for adults. 10am to 2pm.
- Mid Autumn Festival at Children’s Museum of Houston | Saturday, September 30 – The Vietnamese Culture & Science Association partners with the Children’s Museum of Houston to hold a day of fun, including a lion dance, lantern making, face painting, traditional clothing showcase, and storytelling. There are also free passes for families of financial need that may otherwise not be able to attend that can be picked up before the event at the VCSA Center. The first 200 visitors will get $3 off the regular admission. 10am to 4pm.
- Garbage Island at the Rec Room | Saturday, September 30 – This new episode of Garbage Island features some of the same characters from the original show, along with brand new characters and Fall-themed fun. It will focus on the great outdoors, with a special videotaped segment on how to use and reuse. Each performance will culminate in a big kid dance party, with Garbage Man Joe and the cast. Tickets are $8 to $15. There will be a performance at both 10:30am and 1pm.
- Fall Festival at Town Green Park | Saturday, September 30 – The Refugee Project hosts a Fall Festival featuring carnival games and rides, face painting, a pumpkin patch and more fun for the whole family at the Town Green Park in Kingwood. Tickets start at $10. 3pm to 7pm.
- The Houston Black Heritage Music & Arts Festival at Discovery Green | Saturday, September 30 – Celebrate African and African-American culture with art, music, poetry, food, and community at this outdoor festival at Discovery Green park. Tickets start at $25. Kids under 9 get in free. 4pm to 10pm.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.