Take a look at this week’s picks for the best kid-friendly things to do in and around Houston from Monday, May 16 to to Sunday, May 22, 2022.
This week, rub shoulders with Disney characters, ride alongside dazzling art bikes, celebrate the strawberry at an annual fair, take in Czech culture, and more.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Top 10 Things To Do for Kids & Families in Houston This Week
- AEW Dynamite & Rampage at Fertitta Center | Wednesday, May 18 – All Elite Wrestling brings a doubleheader event to Fertitta Center on the University of Houston campus, featuring a roster of high-flying wrestling talent like CM Punk, Sting, Thunder Rosa and many others. Remaining tickets start at $50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6pm.
- Rock the Dock at Kemah Boardwalk | Thursday, May 19 | No Cover – Sing along to the hits of classic rock legends, The Eagles, when tribute band Already Gone takes the stage as part of the Boardwalk’s annual concert series. Stick around to enjoy the carnival-like atmosphere, play games and strap in for some thrill rides. 7pm to 10pm.
- Children’s Storytime: Moana at CityPlace | Friday, May 20 | FREE – Bring your sense of adventure and meet the Spring hot spot’s guest of honor this month, Moana, live and in-person. The wayfaring princess brings her story of how she saved her people and brought heart back to the island. 6pm.
- Pasadena Strawberry Festival at Pasadena Municipal Fairgrounds | Friday, May 20 to Sunday, May 22 – The annual strawberry fest returns to Pasadena, featuring a weekend of bbq, carnival rides, a car show, mutton bustin’, a kids zone, and more. Tickets are $15; $5 for ages 6 to 10. Weekend passes are $30. Times vary.
- Mommy & Me Fair at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, May 21 | FREE – Start your Saturday off with a family-friendly fair that features a singalong music class, play-and-learn activities at Tinkergarten, Mommy & Me yoga, crafts, vendors and more. The first 100 mamas will also receive a souvenir tote bag. Free with RSVP. 9am to 1pm.
- 2022 Houston Art Bike Festival at MacGregor Park | Saturday, May 21 | FREE – Celebrate personal creativity on two wheels at this inaugural festival and bike parade featuring art bikes from HISD schools, live music, art activities, food trucks, and more. Ride begins at MacGregor Park, proceeding to Fonde Park and Smither Park (at the Orange Show) along Brays Bayou Greenway. 9am to 6pm.
- May Fest at Czech Museum Houston | Saturday, May 21 | FREE – Dive into Czech culture at their annual May Fest celebration, where families can gather to enjoy live music, sample Czech food and beverages, play yard games, make flower crowns, don some fabulous face paint, and enjoy more outdoor fun for the kids. 11am to 6pm.
- Intempo Dance presents Disney Tribute at Children’s Museum Houston | Saturday, May 21 – Move and groove with Ariel, Anna, Moana, Mad Hatter, Simba and other beloved Disney characters at this Saturday afternoon getdown in Museum District. $15 for ages 1 and up. Showtimes at 11:30am and 1pm.
- Family Magic & Comedy with Carter Blackburn at Houston Improv | Saturday, May 21 – Bring the family out to see a show for all ages. With a mixture of high energy magic, illusions, juggling, sleight of hand, danger, and lots of audience interaction, this is a can’t-miss show you will talk about the entire way home. $20 and up. 2pm.
- Fairy Gardening at Houston Botanic Garden | Sunday, May 22 – Learn how to set up your own tiny garden for the elusive fairies with an instructor-led class that gives you everything you need to construct a little garden with items discovered in nature. Limit three children per accompanying adult. Ages 5 and up. $28; $23 for ages 15 and under. 10am.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).