Cheer the home team to victory at these must-see games and sports events around Houston from Monday, November 11 through Sunday, November 17, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in November 2019
This week, college sports get rolling with basketball tipping off and football nearing its finale.
Elsewhere, tennis superstars arrive in town for an event that offers up-close and personal opportunities for fans to meet (or play with) court idols.
Top 5 Games & Sports Events in Houston This Week
- Houston Cougars vs. Alabama State Hornets at Fertitta Center | Tuesday, November 12 – After gracing the Sweet Sixteen for the first time in 35 years, the Coogs embark on a new regular season with high expectations for March Madness dreams. Tickets for their home opener range from $25 to $100, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Los Angeles Clippers at Toyota Center | Wednesday, November 13 – A revamped Clippers squad led by Kawhi Leonard (fresh off a championship with the Toronto Raptors) visits Houston for a highly-anticipated Western Conference face-off. Tickets range from $41 to over $1,000, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6:30pm.
- Oracle Champions Cup at Tudor Fieldhouse | Thursday, November 14 – Taking place on the campus of Rice University, this tennis tour features Andy Roddick, James Blake, Juan Carlos Ferrero, and Tommy Haas in an event that offers meet-and-greet opportunities and the chance to play with the pros before their semi-final matches. Tickets range from $20 to over $250, with VIP packages available, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Firefly Run at Buffalo Bayou Park | Saturday, November 16 – The evening 5K event sends runners down Buffalo Bayou Park in a course that features lights, visual effects, and live music at a post-race party. Registration is $45 in advance; $60 on race day, if available. Warm-ups begin at 5pm.
- Houston Cougars vs. Memphis Tigers at TDECU Stadium | Saturday, November 16 – The Coogs face their fourth nationally-ranked opponent of the season in the second-to-last home game of the year. Tickets range from $25 to $125, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Time TBA.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).