- This event has passed.
Virtual Beverage Academy with Alba Huerta & Friends
Wednesday, February 17, 2021 | 7:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Wednesday, repeating until Wednesday, March 31, 2021
Join celebrated mixologist Alba Huerta, along with a special guest each week, for a series of online bartending classes that will take you behind the bar at Julep.
Classes will be conducted online and registration is required.
- National Margarita Day Celebration | Wednesday, February 17 – San Diego-based Chef Claudette Zepeda will be sharing three of her favorite margarita recipes including the Cactus League. 7pm.
- Spirit-Free Cocktails Featuring Seedlip | Wednesday, February 24 – Some of the best bartenders in the country share their favorite spirit-free cocktail recipes. Learn to make Lauren Paylor’s Garden Gibson, Alex Jump’s Bargain Store, and Alba Huerta’s Golden Record. 7pm.
- Gin O’Clock Featuring Brooks Reitz | Wednesday, March 3 – Brooks Reitz teaches you how to make the best gin cocktails including his famous Frozen Gin, a favorite at his Charleston hot-spot, Leon’s. 7pm.
- Champagne Cocktails | Wednesday, March 10 – Miles Macquarrie, beverage director of Kimball House in Georgia, teaches you to make two of his favorite champagne cocktails the Parisian Fizz and a Rhum Royal. 7pm.
- St. Patrick’s Day Cocktails | St. Patrick’s Day, Wednesday, March 17 – Jack McGarry of New York’s Dead Rabbit shows you how to make his world-famous Irish Coffee. Alba will make The Emerald Cocktail, an Irish whisky based drink that is perfect for a festive evening. 7pm.
- Coffee & Espresso Cocktails featuring Breville & Onyx Coffee | Wednesday, March 24 – Alba creates an Espresso Martini and Miles Macquarrie, beverage director of Kimball House in Georgia, showcases his Brandy Shakerato recipe. 7pm.
- Whiskey Wednesday | Wednesday, March 31 – Learn about rye, bourbon, and Scotch from the experts. Learn to make Alba’s Stone Fence Sour while Miles Macquarrie teaches you how to make a Brownstone Cocktail. 7pm.
$20 per class or $150 for the full series of classes. Order tickets or learn more.