- This event has passed.
Save Houston Breweries: 10 Houston Beer Runs Across Greater Houston
Friday, July 31, 2020 | 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm
One event on Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 12:00 pm
One event on Sunday, August 2, 2020 at 12:00 pm
Take an old school day cruise around your corner of Houston, picking up craft beer and merch’ to-go from local H-Town breweries, who are all collectively struggling during to taproom closures from COVID-19.
The Texas Craft Brewers Guild’s latest survey found that two out of three Texas craft breweries believe they will have to permanently close before the year is over without some change to the current shutdown order or new economic relief options.
10 Houston Beer Run Events This Weekend
Friday, July 31, 2020
- Brazos Valley Beer Run – Help out College Station and Bryan-area breweries, including Huff Brewing, Brazos Valley Brewing Company, WildFlyer Mead Co, and Blackwater Draw Brewing. 5pm to 6pm.
Saturday, August 1, 2020
All Saturday Houston Beer Run events run from noon until 3pm, except for the Richmond event which runs from 2pm to 4pm.
Click on linked brewery names in the list below for a deep look (written pre-COVID-19) at some of our favorite spots, including a look at the founders’ philosophies and brewing styles, plus some of our favorite, representative brews.
- Inner Loop Houston Beer Run – Go on an Inner Loop scavenger hunt—hitting hoods like Shady Acres, EaDo and Arts District Houston—with five tasty stops at New Magnolia, True Anomaly, Local Group Brewing, Holler Brewing, and 4J Brewing. Noon to 3pm.
- NASA /Clear Lake Houston Beer Run – In a six-stop route that runs from Webster to Texas City, grab your brews from Saloon Door Brewing, 6 Wards Brewing Company, Galveston Bay Beer, Railean Distillery, and Fetching Lab Brewery. Noon to 3pm.
- North Central Houston Beer Run – Journey from Spring Branch and into the Greater Heights in a five-stop to-go tour of Back Pew Brewing, Southern Yankee Beer Company, Great Heights Brewinng, Eureka Heights Brewing, and Urban South HTX. Noon to 3pm.
- Northeast Houston Beer Run – Explore Northeast H-Town’s to-go brewery options, with four stops at Ingenious Brewing Company, SpindleTap Brewery, City Acre Brewing Co., and Brash Brewing. Noon to 3pm.
- Northwest Houston Beer Run – Head from Houston up to Magnolia and Conroe on a six-stop route hitting 11 Below Brewing Company, Lone Pint Brewery, B-52 Brewing, Southern Star Brewing Company, Copperhead Brewery, and Excalibur Brewing. Noon to 3pm.
- Southwest Houston Beer Run – Tour a swath of southwest H-Town with five stops at Bakfish Brewing, Vallensons’ Brewing Company, Texas Leaguer Brewing Company, Baileson Brewing, and Sigma Brewing. Noon to 3pm.
- Westside Houston Beer Run – Start out in Katy and work your way to Tomball at a five stop route that hits Battlehops Brewing, No Label Brewing Co., Klaus Brewing Company, Wicked Boxer Brewing, and Bearded Fox Brewing. Noon to 3pm.
- Richmond Beer Run – Explore the Richmond area southwest of the city on a four-stop route hitting Braman Winery & Brewery, Running Walker Beer, Fulbrook Ale Works, and Baa Baa Brewhouse. 2pm to 4pm.
Sunday, August 2, 2020
- Galveston County Beer Run – Start out in Galveston proper and end up in Dickinson in this six-stop beer run that visits Galveston Island Brewing, Devil & the Deep Brewery, Fetching Lab Brewery, Galveston Bay Brewery, and Wards Brewing Company. Noon to 3pm.
These events are all free to join. Your beer and merchandise purchases are on you, naturally.