- This event has passed.
Screen on the Green: The Nightmare Before Christmas Movie Screening at Discovery Green
Thursday, December 13, 2018 | 7:00 pmFree
The holiday-inspired, family-friendly free film series, Screen on the Green, continues with a free showing of Tim Burton’s macabre 1993 mashup of Halloween and Christmas, The Nightmare Before Christmas.
The stop-motion animated film follows the misadventures of Jack Skellington, Halloweentown’s beloved pumpkin king, who has become bored with the same annual routine of frightening people in the “real world.” When he accidentally stumbles on Christmastown, all bright colors and warm spirits, he gets a new lease on life.
Then he plots to bring Christmas under his control by kidnapping Santa Claus and taking over the role. But Jack soon discovers even the best-laid plans of mice and skeleton men can go seriously awry.
The movie is rated PG and lasts 76 minutes.
You can bring chairs and a blanket and find a spot on the hill, or lace up and skate while you listen to the flick. The movie is free if you don’t plan to skate.
Upcoming Screen on the Green Movie Screenings
- Polar Express | Thursday, December 20, 2018 – Rated G, 2004, 100 minutes.
- Disney/Pixar’s WALL-E | Thursday, December 27, 2018 – Rated G, 2008, 98 minutes.
- Justice League | Thursday, January 3, 2019 – Rated PG-13, 2017, 121 minutes.
- Ready Player One | Thursday, January 10, 2019 – Rated PG-13, 2018, 140 minutes.
- Show Dogs | Thursday, January 17, 2019 – Rated PG, 2018, 92 minutes.
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom | Thursday, January 24, 2019 – Rated PG-13, 2018, 129 minutes.
Free to attend. Additional fees apply if you skate. Click here for more information.
This Boosted Calendar Listing was sponsored by the event organizer. These are expanded beyond our basic listings, featuring event graphics and images and more detailed information. They’re added to our calendar within one business day of purchase. When relevant, they are included automatically with all advertising campaigns, packages, and orders.
Ad revenue supports 365 Things to Do in Houston, our staff, and our contributors, allowing us to continue our coverage of activities and events around the Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.