- This event has passed.
Music Trends through the Decades with DJ Mohawk Steve at The Ice at Discovery Green
Wednesday, November 18, 2020 | 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Wednesday, repeating until Wednesday, January 27, 2021
Discovery Green presents the weekly Music Trends Through the Decades with DJ Mohawk Steve series at The Ice at Discovery Green for the 2020-21 season.
Each week will highlight music that defined a decade, plus a few special themed nights, progressing from the 1940s to the 2020s.
While the event with DJ Mohawk Steve lasts from 7pm to 9pm, the ice rink is open from 5pm to 10pm.
The Ice at Discovery Green is open daily through Sunday, January 31, 2021, weather permitting, but hours vary on certain dates. All tickets and skating reservations much be ordered online in advance. Ticket will not be sold on site. Click here to order tickets or for more information.
Music Trends Through the Decades Line-up
- 1940s: Swing, Jazz, Blues & Big Band | Wednesday, November 18, 2020
- 1950s: Rock ’n Roll, B-bop, Big Band & Country | Wednesday, November 25, 2020
- 1960s: Motown, Rock ‘n Roll & The British Invasion | Wednesday, December 2, 2020
- 1970s: Disco, Motown & R&B | Wednesday, December 9, 2020
- 1980s: Glam Rock, Pop, Hip-Hop & Country | Wednesday, December 16, 2020
- Holiday Cheer | Wednesday, December 23, 2020
- 2000s: Adult Contemporary & R&B | Wednesday, December 30, 2020
- 2010s: Latin Music & Hip-Hop | Wednesday, January 6, 2020
- 2020’s: Top 40 | Wednesday, January 13, 2020
- 1940s to 2010s | Wednesday, January 20, 2020
- Houston-Themed Music | Wednesday, January 27, 2020
Social Distancing & COVID-19
Masks are required to skate. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you. Click here to learn more about safety measures at The Ice at Discovery Green.
Businesses and organizations in Houston have opened under modified protocols, following guidelines administered by local health officials, the State of Texas and CDC. At this time, guidance from experts urges people to continue wearing face masks when in public spaces, practice social distancing of at least six feet, limit your touching of surfaces and frequently use hand sanitizer or soap and water to keep your hands clean.
Before heading out, take time to familiarize with your destination’s requirements or restrictions at this moment, and be sure to contact them ahead of time with any questions or concerns.
$15 per person includes tax and skate rental. Tickets must be purchased online and no tickets will be available on site.
This Boosted Calendar Listing was sponsored by the event organizer. This listing is expanded beyond our basic listings, featuring event graphics and images and more detailed information. They’re added to our calendar within one business day of purchase. When relevant, they are included automatically with all advertising campaigns, packages, and orders.
Ad revenue supports 365 Things to Do in Houston, our staff, and our contributors, allowing us to continue our coverage of activities and events around the Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.