- This event has passed.
Main Street Theater presents Elliot, A Soldier’s Fugue
Sunday, February 2, 2020 | 3:00 pm
and An event every 1 week(s) on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday that begins at 2020-02-02 07:30 pm and lasts 0 day(s) and 0 hour(s), the last of which will begin on 2020-02-02 3:00
Main Street Theater presents Elliot, A Soldier’s Fugue, written by Pulitzer Prize-winner and Tony-nominee Quiara Alegría Hudes, at in Rice Village.
Elliot Ortiz is a young soldier, like his pop was before him, like his abuelo before that. But despite the things they share—their love of music, their love for each other, and their experiences of war—even when they desperately need to communicate, they just can’t seem to make it work.
Unique Cross-Theater Opportunity for Houstonians
Houston audiences will have the rare opportunity to follow Hudes’ Elliot Trilogy playing concurrently. Main Street’s production of Elliot, A Soldier’s Fugue, Part I of the Trilogy, and Stages Repertory Theatre’s production of Water by the Spoonful, Part II, open one day apart in February.
The final installment of the trilogy, The Happiest Song Plays Last, will have a staged reading during the first week of March (location to be announced).
Ages 8 and under are not permitted in the theater.
- Sunday, February 2, 2020 | 3pm (Preview)
- Wednesday, February 5, 2020 | 7:30pm (Preview)
- Thursday, February 6, 2020 | 7:30pm (Preview)
- Saturday, February 8, 2020 | 7:30pm (Opening Night)
- Sunday, February 9, 2020 | 3pm
- Thursday, February 13, 2020 | 7:30pm
- Thursday, February 14, 2020 | 7:30pm
- Friday, February 15, 2020 | 7:30pm
- Sunday, February 16, 2019 | 3pm
- Thursday, February 20, 2020 | 7:30pm
- Friday, February 21, 2020 | 7:30pm
- Saturday, February 22, 2020 | 7:30pm
- Sunday, February 23, 2020 | 3pm
- Thursday, February 27, 2020 | 7:30pm
- Friday, February 28, 2020 | 7:30pm
- Saturday, February 29, 2020 | 7:30pm
- Sunday, March 1, 2020 | 3pm
Tickets are $43; $38 for ages 65 and up; $23 for ages 30 and under; $10 for full time students with valid ID. Click here to order tickets or for more information.