- This event has passed.
Latin Wave Film Festival at Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
Saturday, May 4, 2019 | 11:00 am$10
Explore the world at screenings of eleven remarkable films from and about Latin America at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston’s 14th Annual Latin Wave film festival.
Saturday, May 4, 2019
- Miriam Mente (Miriam Lies) 2018 – A biracial girl, involved with preparations for her quinceañera, meets a boy online and faces challenges being honest about him with her family. 11am.
- Museo 2018 – Gael García Bernal goes on the run after stealing artifacts from the National Museum of Anthropology in Mexico City in this true crime drama. 1pm.
- Pájaros de Verano (Birds of Passage) 2018 – The rise and fall of rival Wayuu clans in northern Colombia unfolds as an epic tragedy of pride, greed, and the clash between old and new worlds. 3:30pm.
- Belmonte 2018 – While preparing for an upcoming exhibition at Montevideo’s National Museum, a painter struggles to maintain a strong bond with his daughter and accept his ex-wife’s new relationship and pregnancy. 6pm.
- El Ángel (The Angel) 2018 – A box office sensation and Argentina’s Oscar submission for Best Foreign Film, this true story follows a baby-faced teenager who committed over 40 robberies and 11 homicides in the 1960s. 8pm.
General admission is $10. MFAH Members, students with ID and senior adults receive a $2 discount. Click here for more information.
This Boosted Calendar Listing was sponsored by the event organizer. These are expanded beyond our basic listings, featuring event graphics and images and more detailed information. They’re added to our calendar within one business day of purchase. When relevant, they are included automatically with all advertising campaigns, packages, and orders.
Ad revenue supports 365 Things to Do in Houston, our staff, and our contributors, allowing us to continue our coverage of activities and events around the Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.