- This event has passed.
Hire Houston Youth On-The-Spot Hiring Event
Saturday, March 23, 2019 | 10:00 am to 2:00 pmFree
Mayor Sylvester Turner’s Hire Houston Youth initiative, in partnership with the Greater Houston McDonald’s owners/operators, is hosting a series of job and resource fairs through Saturday, July 13, in an effort to employ thousands of Houston area youth, ages 16 to 24, this summer. McDonald’s restaurants across Greater Houston will hire on-the-spot.
In addition to McDonald’s, summer employment opportunities are available from a number of Houston area companies including METRO, United Airlines, KPMG, Hyatt Regency and more.
All positions are paid, offering at least $8 an hour. Most opportunities start on June 10 and end August 1, with some opportunities available right away.
Each hiring event is free and open to the public. Applicants do not need to pre-register or be pre-screened, but are encouraged to bring their resume, Texas ID and Social Security Card for on-the-spot hiring opportunities.
On-the-Spot Hiring Events Schedule
- HISD Hattie Mae White Building | Saturday, March 23, 2019 – 10am to 2pm
- Sunnyside Multi-Service Center | Saturday, April 6, 2019 – 10am to 2pm
- Fifth Ward Multi-Service Center | Saturday, May 4, 2019 – 10am to 2pm
- Lonestar College: Victory Center | Saturday, May 18, 2019 – 10am to 2pm
- BakerRipley Gulfton Sharpstown | Saturday, June 1, 2019 – 10am to 2pm
- George R. Brown Convention Center | Saturday, June 8, 2019 – 10am to 2pm
- Houston Community College: Southeast | Saturday, July 13, 2019 – 10am to 2pm
Admission is free and open to the public. Applicants are not required to pre-register.
This Boosted Calendar Listing was sponsored by the event organizer. These are expanded beyond our basic listings, featuring event graphics and images and more detailed information. They’re added to our calendar within one business day of purchase. When relevant, they are included automatically with all advertising campaigns, packages, and orders.
Ad revenue supports 365 Things to Do in Houston, our staff, and our contributors, allowing us to continue our coverage of activities and events around the Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.