Take a tour of H-Town’s weekend highlights with our 365 Houston guide to the best things to do in Houston this weekend, from Friday, November 24 to Sunday, November 26, 2023.
Every weekend, Houston has plenty of happenings to be found around town—but which ones are the highlights that can help you plan an enjoyable weekend of outings?
We’ve whittled down our extensive Weekend Guide to offer you some of our favorite things to look forward to from Friday to Sunday.
The 15 Best Things to Do in Houston This Weekend: November 24-26, 2023
- 63rd Annual Autorama at George R. Brown Convention Center | Daily – The annual car show returns to Downtown, rolling out some of the country’s finest hot rods, customs, trucks and motorcycles, alongside guest appearances from celebrities like wrestling superstars Lucha Bros, Lou Ferrigno from The Incredible Hulk, and more. $24; $5 for ages 6 to 12; free for ages 5 and under. Times vary.
- Houston Symphony: “I Will Survive” Diva Legends at Jones Hall | Daily – Gather your family and friends on Thanksgiving weekend and relive the songs you know and love, with chart-topping hits from Gloria Gaynor, Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, Tina Turner, Diana Ross, Alicia Keys, and more. $34 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Houston Ballet presents The Nutcracker at Wortham Center | Daily | Opening Weekend – This dazzling production of the beloved ballet recounts the story of Clara, gifted a magical nutcracker one Christmas Eve, and the adventures she encounters in the Land of Sweets. See why Tchaikovsky’s score has captivated audiences around the world for more than a century. This production runs through Wednesday, December 27. $30 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Umami Fest Night Market 2023 at Aveva Stadium | Saturday & Sunday – This umami-packed, Asian-inspired food festival and night market will rock street food and merch vendors, artists, night market games and prizes, a lineup of tuner cars, a hot wing eating contest and DJ Mik One leading the festivities. $5. Saturday 4pm to 11pm; Sunday 2pm to 9pm.
Friday, November 24, 2023
- Houston Rockets vs. Denver Nuggets at Toyota Center – Two weeks after their first matchup, the Rockets again host the reigning champs, this time in the third of four group stage games as part of the inaugural In-Season Tournament. $30 and up. 7pm.
- Electric Feels: Indie Rock + Indie Dance Party at White Oak Music Hall – Held downstairs at White Oak, this indie dance party plays the hits of rock bands like MGMT, Arcade Fire and more. $18. 9pm.
- Classic Numbers Black Celebration at Numbers Nightclub – The annual Black Friday party returns to the iconic Montrose nightclub, spinning classic hits of the ’80s with prize giveaways up for grabs all night. 9pm to 2am.
Saturday, November 25, 2023
- Small Business Saturday Market at Retrospect Coffee Bar | FREE – The Midtown coffee spot hosts local shops and vendors for the annual small business holiday, where you can pick up artisan items, locally roasted coffee and more. 8:30am to 1:30pm.
- BLCK Market at GreenStreet | FREE – The Downtown shopping destination hosts a Small Business Saturday market from from BLCK Market, offering the chance to shop a variety of Black-owned small businesses and local vendors with a wide array of products. While there, enjoy live music, delicious food and family-friendly activities. 1pm to 5pm.
- Flea by Night at Discovery Green | FREE – This holiday season, Saturday nights bring a special marketplace to Discovery Green, where you can get into the spirit of the season with live performances, food trucks and a variety of vendors doling out handmade, vintage, recycled and local goods. 6pm to 10pm.
- Cultural Holiday Extravaganza at Market Square Park | FREE – The historic park in Downtown Houston hosts a weekly Christmas event with free face painting, gift wrapping stations and a mini market, along with visits from a multicultural Santa and more. 7pm to 10pm.
Sunday, November 26, 2023
- Houston Texans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars at NRG Stadium – The Texans close out the month of November with a heated AFC South showdown, facing the top-of-the-division Jags on home turf. $55 and up, but you may find better, cheaper or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. Noon.
- Holiday Tree Lighting at City Place | FREE – The Spring hub for shopping and dining lights up a floating 35-foot Christmas tree alongside a holiday market with more than 30 vendors, kids activities, live music, art and the return of the Gingerbread Village. 4pm to 8pm.
- MLS Playoffs: Houston Dynamo FC vs. Sporting Kansas City at Shell Energy Stadium – The Dynamo have returned to the playoffs in a big way, facing Sporting Kansas City in the Western Conference Semifinal in a single game elimination match. $33 and up. 6pm.
- Performing Arts Houston presents Dirty Dancing in Concert at Wortham Center – See the beloved 1980s movie like you’ve never seen it before. As a remastered film plays on screen, a full band plays the the score and singers perform the classic songs. Relive the magic of romance in this story about the idealistic Baby and the love and loyalty she finds in Catskills dance instructor Johnny Castle. $59 and up. 7pm.
Don’t Miss Out on Tomorrow’s Fun!
Don’t want to miss anything? Opt in for our Daily Updates to discover new things happening in Houston and receive special updates and offers, every weekday.