Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide from Monday, November 20 to Sunday, November 26, 2023.
Your favorite nightlife guide is back to cure your weekly FOMO. We’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening all week long around Houston, from Monday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide in Houston This Week: November 20-26, 2023
- Pearland Restaurant Weeks | Daily | Ongoing – Throughout the month of November, the growing restaurant scene in Pearland will showcase curated menus and specialty offerings, with a portion of all orders going to support Pearland Neighborhood Center. Fixed-price menus are $29 for 2-course breakfasts and lunches; $35 for 3-course dinners. Times and locations vary.
- The Riot Comedy Club presents Chris Grace at Rudyard’s Pub | Friday & Saturday – The comedian known for his role as Jerry in the NBC sitcom Superstore, Chris Grace returns to his hometown of Houston to perform three sets at the Montrose upstairs stage. $20 and up. Friday 7pm; Saturday 7pm and 9pm.
- Comedian Jon “Polar Bear” Gonzalez at Houston Improv | Friday & Saturday – For four shows in two nights, the Texan comedian and podcaster sets up at the Spring Branch laugh house to deliver his thoughts about life between cultures. $50 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- Umami Fest Night Market 2023 at Aveva Stadium | Saturday & Sunday – This umami-packed, Asian-inspired food festival and night market will rock street food and merch vendors, artists, night market games and prizes, a lineup of tuner cars, a hot wing eating contest and DJ Mik One leading the festivities. $5. Saturday 4pm to 11pm; Sunday 2pm to 9pm.
Monday, November 20, 2023
- Sexyy Red in Concert at Bayou Music Center – The red hot rapper who, despite not having a full length album out yet, has already collaborated with Drake and Nicki Minaj is bringing tunes from her summer 2023 mixtape, Hood Hottest Princess to the Bayou City. $58 and up. 7pm.
- Geeks Who Drink Trivia Night at Pimlico Irish Pub – Drink with friends and test your knowledge of everything from Hungary to The Hunger Games, from science to sports, and from the Billboard Hot 100 to history at the pub near Buffalo Bayou Park. Cover charge at the door. 8pm to 10pm.
- Movement at The Flat | No Cover – This weekly Monday series at the Montrose lounge sees DJ LIIAM and a lineup of special guests take to the decks as the bar doles out discounts on drinks for happy hour. 11pm.
Tuesday, November 21, 2023
- TapasGiving 2.0 with Chef Jamal Collier at Texas Avenue BNB – This celebration of food, drinks and people heads to the intimate EaDo space for a feast of seasonal fusion dishes influenced by shared cultures and paired with a curated cocktail menu, excellent wines and great music. Guests can enjoy four tapas courses, wines from Pur Noire Wineries, and a bar offering three specialty cocktails. $50. 6pm to 9pm.
- Monaleo in Concert at House of Blues – The Houston rapper and singer-songwriter takes over the Downtown stage with songs from her debut album, Where the Flowers Don’t Die, including her most recent single, “Crying on Your Birthday.” $25. 7pm.
- Open Mic Comedy Tuesday at Bad Astronaut Brewing | No Cover – Big Dawg Comedy invites anyone with a stand-up bone in their body to take the mic and delivers some laughs at the Northside taproom. 9pm to 11pm.
Wednesday, November 22, 2023
- Keyshia Cole in Concert at the Address – The R&B singer known for her platinum debut album, The Way It Is, hits the hangout on Old Spanish Trail for a night of her signature sound and new songs from a forthcoming album. $19.99 and up. 4pm.
- Italian Thanksgiving Feast at Dante’s River Oaks – Held on Thanksgiving Eve, Dante’s offers an Italian Thanksgiving feast. Enjoy a 5-course meal served family style, complete with complimentary bubbles and a dessert Carajillo. $60. 4pm to 10pm.
- Aqua in Concert at House of Blues – The Europop band, who saw a resurgence this year with their 90s hit song “Barbie Girl,” swings through Downtown for a night of infectious dance rhythms at House of Blues. $65 and up. 7pm.
- Ali Siddiq presents Jive Turkeys at Houston Improv – Start your long holiday weekend with a night of comedy featuring Houston’s Ali Siddiq, along with guest comics for the Improv’s annual Thanksgiving comedy tradition. $70 for 2, and up. 7:30pm.
- Johnny Cash Concert Experience at Smart Financial Centre – This official concert experience endorsed by Johnny Cash’s estate blends video and audio of Johnny performing alongside a live band and accompanying singers for a “Man in Black” celebration that brings his legacy to life. $39 and up. 8pm.
- Sagittarius Cocktail Release Party at Roswell’s Saloon | No Cover – The Westheimer bar with an out-of-this-world theme celebrates Sagittarius season with a special cocktail release on the eve of Thanksgiving. 9pm.
Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 23, 2023
- Thanksgiving Lunch & Dinner in Greater Houston – Haven’t gotten your Turkey Day sorted? Fear not, because many of Houston’s dining spots will be serving up a Thanksgiving feast at a variety of price points. Take a look at our guide to find one near you, but act quick as some require advance reservations. Prices and times vary.
- Thanksgiving Plates at Red Lion Pub in Upper Kirby – All day long, visitors to the Shepherd Drive British pub can enjoy Turkey Dinner Plates, a piling of turkey, stuffing, yams, Brussels sprouts, mashed and roast potatoes, green beans, carrots, cranberry sauce and rich gravy. Individual plates are also available for carry-out. $38. 11am to midnight.
- The Riot Comedy Club presents Thanksgiving Night Comedy Showcase at Rudyard’s Pub – After a turkey dinner, swing by the Montrose pub to fill up on laughs at a stand-up showcase courtesy of the Riot Club. Connor Carter, Brian Gendron, Rich Williams, Luis Dejesus, George Brito and Josh Stokes will deliver the funny from the upstairs stage. $10 and up. 8pm.
- Thanksgiving Eve 2023 Dance Night at Metropolis y Extravaganza – Get your feet moving to cap off Thanksgiving with a holiday dance night at the West Houston Latin nightclub. Free until 10pm; cover at the door after. 9pm to 2am.
- The Best Bars in Greater Houston – Get out of the house and let your hair down at one or more of the best nightlife spots in the Houston metro. Find your neighborhood, city or community and find our top recommendations for fun and frolic near you.
Friday, November 24, 2023
- Juvenile, Jeezy, Webbie & More in Concert at Smart Financial Centre – Jeezy joins with NOLA’s Juvenile, H-Town’s Lil Keke, Webbie and more for a big rap show in Sugar Land. $82 and up. 7pm.
- Trey From The Fe & The Trainwrecks in Concert at J-Bar-M Barbecue | No Cover – The EaDo destination for bbq and beer hosts a night of tunes from the popular TikTok musician known for his country music covers. 7pm to 10pm.
- Broadway Rave at White Oak Music Hall – One of two dance parties to hit White Oak on Friday night, lovers of musical theater hits will find plenty to singalong to at the upstairs stage in White Oak. $17 and up. 9pm.
- Electric Feels: Indie Rock + Indie Dance Party at White Oak Music Hall – Held downstairs at White Oak, this indie dance party plays the hits of rock bands like MGMT, Arcade Fire and more. $18. 9pm.
- Classic Numbers Black Celebration at Numbers Nightclub – The annual Black Friday party returns to the iconic Montrose nightclub, spinning classic hits of the ’80s with prize giveaways up for grabs all night. 9pm to 2am.
- Gabriel & Dresden DJ Set at Bauhaus – The progressive trance duo brings a special electronic set to the Downtown EDM club. $10 and up. 10pm.
Saturday, November 25, 2023
- The Jaiye Room at Rise Rooftop – A full day of dancing and vibes awaits in Midtown when a series of DJs take over the decks to spin Afrobeats, Amapiano and R&B hits and remixes during the holiday weekend. $20. 4pm to 11pm.
- Galveston ArtWalk on Market Street | FREE – Take to the streets of the Strand for a tour of Galveston art galleries, studios and local shops for this seasonal Saturday night event. 6pm to 9pm.
- Pour Minds Podcast Live at House of Blues – Drea and Lex return home to Houston from their adopted city of Atlanta for a live podcast that explores their lives, friendships and dating. $30 and up. 7pm.
- Jessee Lee Live Set at J-Bar-M Barbecue | No Cover – Enjoy award-winning barbeque and a wide beer selection at the EaDo smokehouse that welcomes New Braunsfels-based R&B and soul artist Jessee Lee for an evening in the outdoor beer garden stage. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Erykah Badu in Concert at Smart Financial Centre – The Queen mother of neo-soul and hip-hop, the four-time Grammy Award winner Ms. Erykah Badu is bringing her signature style to Sugar Land when she stops by with PJ Morton and Raheem DeVaughn. $59 and up. 8pm.
- Felix Da Housecat & Joezi DJ Set at Bauhaus – Chicago house music legend Felix Da Housecat descends on the Downtown EDM venue with Israeli house DJ Joezi. $15 and up. 10pm.
- Calcium DJ Set at Stereo Live – The dubstep DJ brings a night of EDM to the West Houston venue. $7 and up. 10pm to 2am.
Sunday, November 26, 2023
- Turkey Tailgate Potluck at Little Woodrow’s Heights | No Cover – Whether you’ve got some fresh leftovers or you’re cooking up for the occasion, the Heights location of Little Woodrow’s on White Oak hosts a potluck party while the Giants and Patriots play in the afternoon. Noon.
- Hamaki in Concert at Rise Rooftop – The Egyptian singer and Arabic pop sensation, Hamaki arrives in Midtown for a special set. $90. 6pm.
- Performing Arts Houston presents Dirty Dancing in Concert at Wortham Center – See the beloved 1980s movie like you’ve never seen it before. As a remastered film plays on screen, a full band plays the the score and singers perform the classic songs. Relive the magic of romance in this story about the idealistic Baby and the love and loyalty she finds in Catskills dance instructor Johnny Castle. $59 and up. 7pm.
Don’t Miss Out on Tomorrow’s Fun!
Don’t want to miss anything? Opt in for our Daily Updates to discover new things happening in Houston and receive special updates and offers, every weekday.