Make the most of your week with our top festivals, events, and things to do this week in Houston from Monday, November 20 to Sunday, November 26, 2023.
We’ve whittled down all the happenings in H-Town to our picks for the week, but you can always check out the extended calendar for more things to do in Houston.
Explore more things to do all Thanksgiving weekend long in our special 5-day Thanksgiving Weekend Guide.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, November 20 to Sunday, November 26, 2023.
Top 16 Festivals, Events & Things to Do This Week in Houston
- TapasGiving 2.0 with Chef Jamal Collier at Texas Avenue BNB | Tuesday, November 21 – This celebration of food, drinks and people heads to the intimate EaDo space for a feast of seasonal fusion dishes influenced by shared cultures and paired with a curated cocktail menu, excellent wines and great music. Guests can enjoy four tapas courses, wines from Pur Noire Wineries, and a bar offering three specialty cocktails. $50. 6pm to 9pm.
- Aqua in Concert at House of Blues | Wednesday, November 22 – The Europop band, who saw a resurgence this year with their 90s hit song “Barbie Girl,” swings through Downtown for a night of infectious dance rhythms at House of Blues. $65 and up. 7pm.
- Ali Siddiq presents Jive Turkeys at Houston Improv | Wednesday, November 22 – Start your long holiday weekend with a night of comedy featuring Houston’s Ali Siddiq, along with guest comics for the Improv’s annual Thanksgiving comedy tradition. $70 for 2, and up. 7:30pm.
- TsuShiMaMiRe in Concert at Big Top Lounge | Wednesday, November 22 – The Mid-Main stage hosts the Tokyo-based Japanese art punk trio for a night of raw and energetic rock, joined by We Are the Asteroids. $12. 9pm.
- 8th Annual Free Turkey Trot 5K & 10K at Memorial Park’s Eastern Glades | Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 23 | FREE – The city-wide running club Houston Striders hosts a free Turkey Trot through Memorial Park’s Eastern Glades on Thanksgiving morning. Early arrivals can also get free handmade Turkey Day costumes. 8am.
- 74th Annual Thanksgiving Day Parade in Downtown | Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 23 | FREE – Get into the holiday spirit at the 74th Annual H-E-B Houston Thanksgiving Day Parade, a showcase of sensational floats, high-flying balloons, marching bands, artistic entries, and live entertainment through the streets of Downtown. 9am to 11am.
- 63rd Annual Autorama at George R. Brown Convention Center | Thursday, November 23 to Sunday, November 26 – The annual car show returns to Downtown, rolling out some of the country’s finest hot rods, customs, trucks and motorcycles, alongside guest appearances from celebrities like wrestling superstars Lucha Bros, Lou Ferrigno from The Incredible Hulk, and more. $24; $5 for ages 6 to 12; free for ages 5 and under. Times vary.
- Houston Rockets vs. Denver Nuggets at Toyota Center | Friday, November 24 – Two weeks after their first matchup, the Rockets again host the reigning champs, this time in the third of four group stage games as part of the inaugural In-Season Tournament. $30 and up. 7pm.
- Small Business Saturday Market at Retrospect Coffee Bar | Saturday, November 25 | FREE – The Midtown coffee spot hosts local shops and vendors for the annual small business holiday, where you can pick up artisan items, locally roasted coffee and more. 8:30am to 1:30pm.
- BLCK Market at GreenStreet | Saturday, November 25 | FREE – The Downtown shopping destination hosts a Small Business Saturday market from from BLCK Market, offering the chance to shop a variety of Black-owned small businesses and local vendors with a wide array of products. While there, enjoy live music, delicious food and family-friendly activities. 1pm to 5pm.
- Jesus Christ Superstar at the Grand 1894 Opera House | Saturday, November 25 – The classic roots rock musical brings two performances to Galveston as part of the show’s 50th anniversary tour. The award-winning Broadway production from Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber recounts the series of events during the final weeks in the life of Jesus Christ, seen through the eyes of Judas. $34.20 and up. 3pm and 8pm.
- Umami Fest Night Market 2023 at Aveva Stadium | Saturday, November 25 & Sunday, November 26 – This umami-packed, Asian-inspired food festival and night market will rock street food and merch vendors, artists, night market games and prizes, a lineup of tuner cars, a hot wing eating contest and DJ Mik One leading the festivities. $5. Saturday 4pm to 11pm; Sunday 2pm to 9pm.
- Houston Texans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars at NRG Stadium | Sunday, November 26 – The Texans close out the month of November with a heated AFC South showdown, facing the top-of-the-division Jags on home turf. $55 and up, but you may find better, cheaper or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. Noon.
- Holiday Tree Lighting at City Place | Sunday, November 26 | FREE – The Spring hub for shopping and dining lights up a floating 35-foot Christmas tree alongside a holiday market with more than 30 vendors, kids activities, live music, art and the return of the Gingerbread Village. 4pm to 8pm.
- MLS Playoffs: Houston Dynamo FC vs. Sporting Kansas City at Shell Energy Stadium | Sunday, November 26 – The Dynamo have returned to the playoffs in a big way, facing Sporting Kansas City in the Western Conference Semifinal in a single game elimination match. $33 and up. 6pm.
- Performing Arts Houston presents Dirty Dancing in Concert at Wortham Center | Sunday, November 26 – See the beloved 1980s movie like you’ve never seen it before. As a remastered film plays on screen, a full band plays the the score and singers perform the classic songs. Relive the magic of romance in this story about the idealistic Baby and the love and loyalty she finds in Catskills dance instructor Johnny Castle. $59 and up. 7pm.
Many More Things to Do in Houston
- Top Concerts & Live Shows This Week – Check out our top picks for local and touring musicians, stars, and personalities hitting the stage in H-Town this week.
- Top Games & Sports Events This Week – Scope out professional and select college sports games, touring athletic competitions, local fitness and participatory events, and more.
- Top Things to Do For Kids & Families This Week – Zero in on the best option for families and the junior set around Greater Houston.
- Current Temporary Museum Exhibits & Art Installations in Greater Houston – Explore the newest installations and exhibits on short term display at museums and locations around Houston, with a focus on art, history, and science.
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more live entertainment, events, pop-ups, markets, and other options around Houston.
Save on Houston Museum & Brewery Passes
Don’t Miss Out on Tomorrow’s Fun!
Don’t want to miss anything? Opt in for our Daily Updates to discover new things happening in Houston and receive special updates and offers, every weekday.