Welcome the holidays this week at the top kid-friendly things to do in Houston from Monday, November 20 to Sunday, November 26, 2023.
This week, take in a turkey jam, fill up on pancakes as a family, walk through a wonderland of lights, celebrate Thanksgiving at the Downtown parade, and more.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Top 15 Family Things To Do in Houston This Week
- Magical Winter Lights at Katy Mills | Daily – Discover the wonder at Magical Winter Lights, one of Houston’s most popular holiday attractions. The event has moved to Katy, offering a lit-up wonderland filled with dazzling themed displays, decked out in more than 6 million lights and crafted using cutting-edge lantern art. Tickets are $25; $18 for ages 3 to 12 and 65+; free for ages 2 and under. Family 4-packs are available for $88. Carnival wristbands, which offer unlimited rides, are $25. Sunday to Thursday 5pm to 10pm; Friday & Saturday 5pm to 11pm.
- Galaxy Lights at Space Center of Houston | Daily (Closed Thanksgiving) – Space Center Houston welcomes the return of Galaxy Lights, presented by Reliant—a stellar spectacle that twinkles throughout the campus and allows guests to step through space-themed light installations, take in high-tech experiences, and walk among flown spacecraft in a one-of-a-kind holiday event that can only be found in Space City. Create out-of-this-world memories with a holiday experience beyond imagination. Closed on Thanksgiving. Tickets start at $19.95. Children 3 and under are free. 6pm to 10pm.
- Turkey Jam at Children’s Museum Houston | Monday, November 20 – Join a live DJ in a festive turkey costume, and dance freestyle or follow along with a turkey line dance at Children’s Museum Houston. $17. 11am to 3pm.
- Family Fun & Games: Bingo & Pancakes at Evelyn Rubenstein JCC | Monday, November 20 | FREE – Socialize, enjoy a tasty pancake breakfast, and engage in a family-friendly bingo game at the Meyerland area Jewish Community Center. This event is for ages 5 to 10 and their families. $6 per child. 10am.
- 74th Annual Thanksgiving Day Parade in Downtown | Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 23 | FREE – Get into the holiday spirit at the 74th Annual H-E-B Houston Thanksgiving Day Parade, a showcase of sensational floats, high-flying balloons, marching bands, artistic entries, and live entertainment through the streets of Downtown. The parade will traverse over 20 city blocks. 9am to 11am.
- Black Friday at Houston Toy Museum | Friday, November 24 | No Cover – The Heights toy museum hosts a special Black Friday celebration with discounts and BOGO sales on a wide selection of stickers, action figures, apparel and more, plus discount museum admission. No cover to shop; $10 for the museum. 10am to 7pm.
- Christmas Tree Lighting at the Grand Galvez | Friday, November 24 | FREE – The grand celebration begins with the arrival of Santa Claus and performances by the Galveston Ballet and Galveston Symphony Brass Ensemble. Santa’s arrival is followed by the lighting of the hotel’s 35-foot Christmas tree, decorated with thousands of lights. 6pm to 8pm.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas Movie Screening at Levy Park | Friday, November 24 | FREE – This holiday classic by Tim Burton gets a free screening on the lawn at Levy Park. Bored with the same old Halloween scare-and-scream routine, Pumpkin King Jack Skellington longs to spread the joy of Christmas. But his merry mission puts Santa in jeopardy and creates a nightmare for little boys and girls everywhere. 7pm.
- Funbox Bounce Park at Katy Mills | Friday, November 24 to Sunday, November 26 – Scale the climbable Marshmallow Mountain, scamper across the Gumball Gallop, work your way through the Funbox obstacle course, and take part in other thrilling attractions waiting to be discovered at the vast inflatable playground in Katy. Save 30% on admission when you use promo code Todo30 at checkout. Sessions last 80 minutes and are $15 on Fridays; $17 on Saturdays, Sundays, and select holiday weekdays. Free for ages 2 and under, and 65+. Times vary.
- Mushroom Garden: Family Paint Class at Art Cellar Houston | Saturday, November 25 – The West Houston paint place hosts a family painting class that features step-by-step instructions to help participants create a fun acrylic painting on a 4×4 wooden canvas. $30 per person. 9am to 11am.
- Cultural Holiday Extravaganza at Market Square Park | Saturday, November 25 | FREE – The historic park in Downtown Houston hosts a weekly Christmas event with free face painting, gift wrapping stations and a mini market, along with visits from a multicultural Santa and more. 7pm to 10pm.
- Houston Texans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars at NRG Stadium | Sunday, November 26 – The Texans close out the month of November with a heated AFC South showdown, facing the top-of-the-division Jags on home turf. $55 and up, but you may find better, cheaper or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. Noon.
- Rhyme & Reason: A Celebration of Black History at Children’s Museum Houston | Sunday, November 26 – This celebration of Black history explores roots from ancient Africa to today. Houston Poet Laureates Deborah DEEP Mouton and Outspoken Bean will perform, followed by poetry and dance workshops throughout the afternoon. $17 for ages 1 and up. 1pm to 4:30pm.
- Holiday Tree Lighting at City Place | Sunday, November 26 | FREE – The Spring spot lights up a floating 35-foot Christmas tree alongside a holiday market with more than 30 vendors, a visit from Santa and Mrs. Claus, kids activities, live music, art and the return of the Gingerbread Village. 4pm to 8pm.
- MLS Playoffs: Houston Dynamo FC vs. Sporting Kansas City at Shell Energy Stadium | Sunday, November 26 – The Dynamo have returned to the playoffs in a big way, facing Sporting Kansas City in the Western Conference Semifinal in a single game elimination match. $33 and up. 6pm.
Don’t Miss Out on Tomorrow’s Fun!
Don’t want to miss anything? Opt in for our Daily Updates to discover new things happening in Houston and receive special updates and offers, every weekday.