Get in the spirit of the season with our guide to 35+ holiday markets offering Christmas decorations and seasonal shopping opportunities across Greater Houston.
It’s that time of the year that brings a slate of holidays, and seasonal markets abound to serve all your decorating and gift-giving needs.
We’ve gathered more than 35 of these special markets taking place across the Greater Houston area, to help you shop for that one-of-a-kind gift for your friends and family—or yourself.
If you’re on the hunt for weekly and monthly farmers markets and other local vendor pop-ups, then check out more listings in our calendar.
More Holiday Attractions & Things to Do
2023 Holiday & Gift Markets in Greater Houston
Weekend of Friday, November 17, 2023
- 31st Annual Artcrawl at Hardy & Nance Studios | Saturday, November 18 | FREE – Explore dozens of artist studios at this art crawl north of Downtown, also taking place at Bisong Art Gallery and Mother Dog Studios. Sip complimentary Karbachs and enjoy live DJ music while touring the galleries and warehouses. 10am to 9pm.
- 30th ZineFest Houston at the Orange Show | Saturday, November 18 | FREE – Celebrating its 30th year, ZineFest is a grassroots festival that gathers media creators from across the city to share their zines, mini-comics and other forms of small press, alternative, underground, DIY media and art. Swing by Houston’s Orange Show for Visionary Art, shop and find community. Noon to 6pm.
- 2023 Celebr8ion at 8th Wonder Brewery | Saturday, November 18 | FREE – One of your first chances to shop great gifts, this celebration at 8th Wonder marks 10 years for the EaDo brewery. 713 Night Market will set up shop for you to cross off gift lists while live music hits the stage all day long. Noon to 10pm.
- Plantsgiving at M-K-T | Sunday, November 19 | FREE – The Heights hub hosts Houston Plant Market, where you can shop new plants and goods from local vendors, including honey, candles, soap, handmade jewelry and more. Noon to 6pm.
Weekend of Friday, November 24, 2023
- Bay Area Nutcracker Market at Pasadena Convention Center | Friday, November 24 to Sunday, November 26 – Boutique vendors and local artisans will be doling out jewelry, holiday decor, yard art and more at this Pasadena nutcracker market taking place in late-November. $5. Times vary.
- Black Friday Holiday Flea at Silver Street | Friday, November 24 to Sunday, November 26 – Ditch the crowds at big box retailers and opt for some Black Friday shopping from more than 120 local vendors and artisans doling out leather goods, handmade jewelry, gourmet foods, home decor and more. $5. 10am to 5pm.
- Small Business Saturday Market at Retrospect Coffee Bar | Saturday, November 25 | FREE – The Midtown coffee spot hosts local shops and vendors for the annual small business holiday, where you can pick up artisan items, locally roasted coffee and more. 8:30am to 1:30pm.
- Galveston Nutcracker Market at Moody Gardens Hotel | Saturday, November 25 – A full day of shopping awaits in Galveston at this market filled with holiday goods, apparel and potential gifts at the Moody Gardens ballroom. $5. 9am to 4pm.
- Small Business Saturday Vibe Market at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, November 25 | FREE – Over 85 creatives, makers and artists assemble in Sugar Land for a Small Business Saturday marketplace, held alongside live music, photo ops with Santa, and bites from Town Square restaurants. Noon to 5pm.
- BLCK Market at GreenStreet | Saturday, November 25 | FREE – The Downtown shopping destination hosts a Small Business Saturday market from from BLCK Market, offering the chance to shop a variety of Black-owned small businesses and local vendors with a wide array of products. While there, enjoy live music, delicious food and family-friendly activities. 1pm to 5pm.
- Flea by Night at Discovery Green | Saturdays from November 25 to December 16 | FREE – This holiday season, Saturday nights bring a special marketplace to Discovery Green, where you can get into the spirit of the season with live performances, food trucks and a variety of vendors doling out handmade, vintage, recycled and local goods. 6pm to 10pm.
- Bellaire Open Air Market at Evelyn’s Park | Sunday, November 26 | FREE – The park space in Bellaire hosts local artisans and small businesses where you can shop in the crisp outdoors for the perfect gift. Noon to 4pm.
Weekend of Thursday, November 30, 2023
- Nerdy Night Market at Neil’s Bahr | Thursday, November 30 | FREE – The last monthly market before the holidays arrives at the EaDo bar for all things nerdy. Stop by the patio to explore a treasure trove of goods from the world of pop culture, gaming, collectibles crafts and one-of-a-kind items. 21+ only. 6pm to midnight.
- Dash Market at Houston Design Center | Friday, December 1 to Sunday, December 3 | FREE – For three days, this new location near Memorial Park hosts a gathering of local and national dealers offering up fine home accessories, art, jewelry, clothing and other gifts under one roof. Times vary.
- Hollydays Market at Fort Bend County Fairgrounds | Friday, December 1 to Sunday, December 3 – Get your holiday shopping done with weeks to spare at this Rosenberg market that brings together more than 130 merchants, crafters and small businesses doling out all sorts of winter and Christmas-themed goods. $6. Times vary.
- A Katy Old Fashioned Christmas at Katy Market Day | Saturday, December 2 | FREE – The Katy Old Fashioned Christmas returns in a big way, bringing more than 200 vendors to the open-air market that also includes food trucks, an appearance by Santa, live entertainment, a beer garden, and more. 10am to 5pm.
- Holiday Vibe Market at Post Houston | Saturday, December 2 & Sunday, December 3 | FREE – This two-day market takes over the 2nd floor of the X-Atrium in Post, offering prime gift shopping from 300 local artists, creatives and makers along with a live DJ, complimentary cocktails, Santa photos, and more. 10am to 5pm.
- 2023 Holiday Festival at Levy Park | Saturday, December 2 & Sunday, December 3 | FREE – This fest returns to Levy Park, offering plenty of family fun with a holiday market with 20 vendors, crafts station, live music performances, a free photo booth with Santa, and more. Noon to 5pm.
- Holiday Market at Houston Toy Museum | Sunday, December 3 – The Heights home of vintage toy history hosts its first-ever holiday market, where you can browse pop culture and nostalgia-inspired goods from more than a dozen vendors, and enjoy discounted admission to the museum. Santa will also drop by for photos from 1pm to 4pm, and kids can enjoy holiday art projects in the early afternoon. $10. 11am to 5pm.
- Super Happy Christmas Toy Show & Art Market at Saint Arnold’s Brewery | Sunday, December 3 | FREE – The annual toy show returns to Saint Arnold brewery for an all-ages event where you can browse beloved toys and artwork, hosted by Super Happy Incredible Toys. Santa will make an appearance, and you can also sample the delicious foods and fresh brews in the Saint Arnold beer garden. 11am to 5pm.
- Tidbits Twinkle Market at City Place | Sunday, December 3 | FREE – This tented market features 20 curated vendors and is held alongside the rescheduled date of Urban Harvest’s Global Bites & Beats kickoff, featuring culinary treats and hands-on creative activities. Noon to 4pm.
Weekend of Friday, December 8, 2023
- Cheap Date: $25 Artwork at Hardy & Nance Studios | Friday, December 8 | FREE – Just in time for the holidays, you can shop local artwork on a budget with the return of Cheap Date to the near Downtown art studios. Browse hundreds of pieces, all priced at $25. Even more, a pop-up merch area will be selling prints, stickers, shirts, zines and more for $10 or less. 7pm to 11pm.
- Midtown Mistletoe Market at Baldwin Park | Friday, December 8 & Saturday, December 9 | FREE – Under the shade of oaks in Midtown’s Baldwin Park, the Mistletoe Market returns for two days of artisan goods and craft shopping. Come by to shop and stick around to take in the full holiday experience with twinkling lights, Santa Claus appearances, holiday music, craft classes, photo ops and more. Friday 5pm to 10pm; Saturday 10am to 4pm.
- Tomball German Festival Christmas Market in Old Town Tomball | Friday, December 8 to Sunday, December 10 | FREE – Do as the Germans do and celebrate Christmas with plenty of food, beer, and wine, as well as live music on three stages, a petting zoo, and a holiday market featuring more than 150 vendors with antiques, arts and crafts, souvenirs, and more. Times vary.
- 2023 Studio School Student Art Sale at MFAH Glassell School of Art | Friday, December 8 to Sunday, December 10 | FREE – Held across three days, this MFAH market opens the doors of the Glassell for all manner of original artwork by students of the school. Pick up anything from jewelry and ceramics to paintings, sculptures and more. Times vary.
- Heights Mercantile Holiday Market 2023 | Saturday, December 9 | No Cover – Shop one-of-a-kind gifts for the holidays along the promenade of Heights Mercantile on 7th Street. The pet-friendly pop-up marketplace will be filled with local vendors and great finds. Walking, biking and ride share is encouraged, as parking will be limited. 10am to 5pm.
- Texas Bonita Holiday Market at the Esplanade at Navigation | Saturday, December 9 | FREE – The East End esplanade hosts a winter afternoon and evening market filled with holiday shopping, live music, photo backdrops and more, just in time for the upcoming holidays. 11am to 4pm.
- Holiday Market at Redemption Square | Saturday, December 9 | FREE – In Northeast Houston, the shopping and dining destination rolls out a holiday fest with live music and food, plus an artisan vendor market and an appearance by Santa Claus. Noon to 4pm.
- Second Saturday Open Studios at Sawyer Yards | Saturday, December 9 | FREE – Stroll through more than 350 open art studios at the monthly market in Arts District. Get an up-close look at a wide array of artworks, then take to the outdoor makers market to find even more pieces to bring home. Noon to 5pm.
- Christmas Gift Market in Town Green Park | Saturday, December 9 & Sunday, December 10 | No Cover – For those leaving the gift shopping late, the Woodlands’ Town Green Park sets up shop with more than 150 exhibitors and local vendors for you to score that last-minute gift. 9am to 5pm.
- 10th Annual Islamic Arts Festival at Masjid Al-Salam | Saturday, December 9 & Sunday, December 10 | FREE – The largest festival of Islamic Arts in the country returns to Spring, gathering renowned artists from across the country for a marketplace filled with paintings and other artworks, as well as interactive art lessons, live demonstrations, children’s activities, food trucks and cultural exchange. 10:30am to 5pm.
- Texas Bred Holiday Market at Saint Arnold Brewery | Saturday, December 9 & Sunday, December 10 | FREE – More than 50 brands will be on hand at this final holiday market from American Field. Shop goods for the hard-to-gift folks on your list, sip craft brews from the Saint Arnold taps, and learn about new products coming soon. 11am to 5pm.
- La Centerra Holiday Market at La Centerra at Cinco Ranch | Sunday, December 10 | FREE – The Katy hub for shopping and dining hosts one last market to close out the holiday season. Take in an afternoon of holiday music, wrap up your gift shopping, and enjoy kids activities, buttery popcorn and other family fun. 11am to 3pm.
- Obscure Oddities Market at Numbers Nightclub | Sunday, December 10 – The Oddities Market returns to the iconic Montrose nightclub, offering a chance to shop all manner of odd and bizarre goods, like taxidermy, wet specimens, antiques, art and more. $10. 1pm to 8pm.
Weekend of Friday, December 15, 2023
- A Merry Creepmas Market at the National Museum of Funeral History | Friday, December 15 – Houston’s museum for all things funerary hosts a special small business market just before the holidays. Shop more than 20 local vendors with unique finds, sip on complimentary drinks and enjoy lite bites, and take to the many exhibitions on offer at NMFH. $40 and up. 7pm to 10pm.
- H-Town Market at Post Houston | Saturday, December 16 | FREE – If you’ve left the gift shopping late, then this may be one of your last chance’s to pick up something special before the big day arrives. Browse hundreds of vendors and shop artwork, boutique finds, sneakers, vintage clothing, jewelry, candles and much more while listening to tunes from a live DJ. 11am to 7pm.
More Holiday Attractions & Things to Do
Don’t Miss Out on Tomorrow’s Fun!
Don’t want to miss anything? Opt in for our Daily Updates to discover new things happening in Houston and receive special updates and offers, every weekday.