Head down island this month for fall and holiday markets, Thanksgiving feasts, Broadway shows, Christmas attractions, markets, shopping, and more happening around on Galveston Island in November 2023.
After the Lone Star Rally kicks off the month, November brings a parade of holiday celebrations, live entertainment, and more distractions to please residents and visitors of all ages.
And of course, with big beaches, deep history, charming shopping, great dining, the big outdoors and more, there’s always plenty do on Galveston every day of the year—even if there’s not a special event that catches your fancy.
The Top Events on Galveston Island in November 2023
- Lone Star Rally in Downtown Galveston | Through Sunday, November 5 – Galveston Island will be filled with the motorcycles, hogs, Harleys and other wheeled vehicles as the Lone Star Rally converges for four days packed with 40 free live concert sets, bike and vehicle shows, food, vendors, and more. Prices and times vary.
- Steve Solomon: My Mother’s Italian, My Father’s Jewish & I’m In Therapy at The Grand 1894 Opera House | Friday, November 10 – Recently off his 4,000th performance, Broadway showman Steve Solomon brings his one-man family comedy to the island. Telling his family stories via dialects, accents and sound effects, Steve brings to the stage dozens of wildly hilarious family archetypes that will be all-too-familiar. $20 and up. 8pm.
- The Polar Express Train Ride at Galveston Railroad Museum | Starts Friday, November 10 – All aboard for a 60-minute family train ride to the North Pole and back—filled with characters and situations from the animated holiday film, seasonal treats, an appearance by Santa, and more. $39; $34 for ages 3 to 12; free ages 2 and under. Dates and times vary.
- Galveston Island International Festival at Galveston Children’s Museum | Saturday, November 18 | FREE – Kids and families can go around the world via food, music, dance, fashion, arts and crafts, and giveaways that celebrate the globes rich variety of cultures and peoples. 10am to 3pm.
- Holiday in the Gardens at Moody Gardens | Starts Saturday November 18 – Galveston’s big winter wonderland opens its doors for the 2023 holiday season, welcoming visitors to explore and enjoy the Festival of Lights, Ice Land: Rainforest Holiday, an ice rink, holiday entertainment, and more. Prices and times vary.
- Annie: The Musical at The Grand 1894 Opera House | Sunday, November 19 – Get a new deal (in time) for Christmas as a new production of the classic Broadway favorite that mashes together a big-spirited orphan, a jaded billionaire, and a corrupt children’s home matron. “Just lift up your chin, and grin, and say…. “$34.20 to $108. 2pm and 7pm.
- Thanksgiving Day Feasts on the Island | Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 23 – Keep your kitchens clean and bring the whole crew for a holiday feast to remember, including at you-won’t-want-to-leave destinations like Moody Gardens Hotel, Grand Galvez, and San Luis Resort. Plus, while you’re there, there’s a weekend filled with ways to make your Thanksgiving one for the books. Times and locations vary.
- Christmas Tree Lighting at the Grand Galvez | Friday, November 24 | FREE – Head out onto the Grand Galvez’ Centennial Green to see the start of the Christmas season, complete with the arrival of Santa Claus, the lighting of the grounds, arrival of Santa Claus, live performances by the Galveston Ballet and Galveston Symphony Brass Ensemble, and more. 6pm to 8:30pm.
- Galveston Nutcracker Market at Moody Gardens Hotel | Saturday, November 25 – The Moody Ballroom will be filled with vendors, makers and more offering holiday decor, gifts, unique items, and more. $5. 9am to 4pm.
- Jesus Christ Superstar at The Grand 1894 Opera House | Saturday, November 25 – Marking its 50th year, Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber’s rock musical unfolds the story of the last days of Jesus Christ, as told through the eyes of his wavering disciple Judas. $34.20 to $108. 3pm and 8pm.
- Galveston ArtWalk on Market Street | Saturday, November 25 | FREE – Take to the street for seasonal entertainment, open galleries, and plenty of gift-buying opportunities and a holiday-infused version of downtown Galveston’s popular evening out. 6pm to 9pm.
This article was sponsored by Visit Galveston. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Advertising revenue helps support 365 Things to Do in Houston, and our contributors, allowing us to expand our coverage of activities and events around the Houston area. Learn more about promoting your event or business.