Discover the best kid-friendly things to do in and around Houston for November 2023.
This month, see beloved characters hit the stage and ice, march alongside catrinas at a Día de Muertos parade in Downtown, honor our veterans, and take in the massive floats of the Thanksgiving Day parade.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Top 12 Things To Do for Kids & Families in Houston This Month: November 2023
- PAW Patrol Live! Heroes Unite at Hobby Center | Thursday, November 2 to Sunday, November 5 – Featuring stunning visual effects, captivating storytelling, and a vibrant musical score, PAW Patrol Live! Heroes Unite is jam-packed with action and fun for the whole family. Mayor Humdinger has dognapped Robo Dog and cloned him, causing chaos all over the world, and the pups needs to save the day. $30 and up. Times vary.
- Night Market 2023 at Asia Society Texas | Friday, November 3 | FREE – The popular annual event returns to the Museum District, offering a host of family-friendly activities including a curated marketplace, games and cultural installations, an Otaku Alley highlighting all things manga, anime and cosplay, sumo wrestling demonstrations, a Japanese-style carnival, and more. Free to attend, some activities require a ticket. 6pm to 10pm.
- Houston Puptopia Festival at Brazos River Park | Saturday, November 4 – Furry friends and their owners can come out to Sugar Land and enjoy the special, doggie-centric festival just for them. The entire family will experience larger-than-life photo opportunities, live stunt dog performances, a dog day spa, Pawground activities, vendors, a K9 Lounge, and more. There will also be a Pupformance Zone, a Spaw for a pampering session, and other spots for dogs to live their best life. $35 in advance; each ticket good for 1 person and up to 2 leashed dogs. 10am to 5pm.
- 10th Annual Houston Afrifest at Houston Christian University | Saturday, November 4 – Drawing thousands from across the city, this annual fest celebrates the rich tapestry of African cultures with a market featuring local and international vendors, and showcasing the arts, music, fashion, and foods from across the region—all amidst the warmth and hospitality of the African community. Tickets are $5 online in advance; $10 at the gate; free for ages 12 and under, ages 60+, students, and veterans with ID. 11am to 7pm.
- 3rd Annual Houston Día de los Muertos Parade & Festival at Sam Houston Park in Downtown | Saturday, November 4 | FREE – The Día de los Muertos festival returns to Downtown, offering an evening of live music, a parade procession from 7pm to 8pm, delicious concessions, arts and crafts, and more. Free to participate in the parade, but traditional attire—full of pageantry and beauty—is recommended. 2pm to 10pm.
- Disney Junior Live: Costume Palooza at Smart Financial Centre | Saturday, November 4 – Sugar Land plays host to the return of the Disney Junior tour, bringing beloved characters and favorite Marvel superheroes on stage for a concert-style show packed with singing, dancing, acrobatics and more. $49 and up. 4pm.
- Disney on Ice: Find Your Hero at NRG Stadium | Thursday, November 9 to Sunday, November 12 – Watch in amazement as Mickey and his friends sing and glide around the ice in stunning costumes. See your favorites like Moana, Mirabel, Maui, Elsa, and of course Mickey, plus others as they search for their inner hero that lives inside. $20 and up. Times vary.
- Bastrop Art Fest in Downtown Bastrop | Saturday, November 11 | FREE – Stroll the streets of historic Downtown Bastrop at the annual fall art festival, where you’ll join the town’s artist and craft community, try your own hand at art-making, shop works on display, and enjoy family festivities with games and kids activities. 10am to 4pm.
- Veterans Day: American Heroes Parade in Downtown | Saturday, November 11 | FREE – Pay tribute to our men and women in the military by attending the annual Downtown Veterans Day celebration. Local veteran organizations, ROTC and Junior ROTCs, bands, and supporters will march in the parade to show respect and honor our veterans. 10am.
- Children’s Festival: Dino Party at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Saturday, November 11 & Sunday, November 12 | FREE – Walk amongst the dinosaurs in a 2-day event in the Woodlands for all dino fans. Catch Erth’s Dinosaur Zoo Live on the main stage plus hands-on activities, toddler fun, art projects, active adventures and more. $10. Saturday 10am to 5pm; Sunday noon to 5pm.
- Tree Lighting Spectacular at Patrick’s Cabin Christmas Town | Thursday, November 16 | FREE – Head straight into the holiday season at this event that celebrates the winter holidays and showcases the history of Deer Park. Visitors of all ages can enjoy a wide variety of holiday activities, including tours of the historic Patrick’s Cabin, plus you can sip apple cider, decorate holiday ornaments, munch on cookies, and listen to campfire stories like “Twas the Night Before Christmas”. 5:30pm to 9pm.
- 74th Annual Thanksgiving Day Parade in Downtown | Thursday, November 23 | FREE – Get into the holiday spirit at the 74th Annual H-E-B Houston Thanksgiving Day Parade, a showcase of sensational floats, high-flying balloons, marching bands, artistic entries, and live entertainment through the streets of Downtown. The parade will traverse over 20 city blocks. 9am to 11am.
Don’t Miss Out on Tomorrow’s Fun!
Don’t want to miss anything? Opt in for our Daily Updates to discover new things happening in Houston and receive special updates and offers, every weekday.