Get in the spirit of the season with our guide to 25+ fall markets offering Halloween, Christmas and seasonal shopping opportunities across Greater Houston.
It’s that time of the year that brings a slate of holidays, and seasonal markets abound to serve all your decorating and gift-giving needs.
We’ve gathered more than 25 of these special one-time markets taking place across the Greater Houston area, from spooky happenings to annual nutcracker extravaganzas.
Plus, check out our calendar if you’re on the hunt for weekly and monthly markets showcasing farmers, artists, artisans, or other local vendor pop-ups.
2023 Fall Markets in Greater Houston
- Frida Love Market at the Esplanade at Navigation | Saturday, October 7 | No Cover – At the East End Esplanade, this special pet-friendly market gathers local vendors for a community event that celebrates culture and the legacy of Frida Kahlo. 11am to 4pm.
- Poder Hispano at M-K-T | Saturday, October 7 | No Cover – The sprawling Heights district for dining and shopping hosts a special family-friendly market that highlights the cultures of Latin America through flavorful foods, arts and music. Noon to 4pm.
- TerrorFest 2 at Southern Star Brewery | Saturday, October 7 & Sunday, October 8 – The Conroe brewery hosts a two-day spooky fest with a UFO and supernatural theme this year. Expect immersive experiences, horror film celebrities, a costume contest, escape rooms, a haunted house, artists and vendors, and more. $20 for a weekend pass; free for ages 10 and under. Saturday 10am to 6pm; Sunday 10am to 5pm.
- Market Square Park Farmers Market in Historic Market Square | Saturdays through November 18 – New to the Houston fall lineup is a free, family-friendly farmers market in the heart of Historic Market Square in Downtown. Each week, local growers and makers will be offering fresh and affordable fruits and vegetables, meat proteins, and prepared foods, among other household goods while live music fills the air. 9am to 1pm.
- Have a Nice Day Fahm & Friends Market at Toyota Center | Sunday, October 8 | No Cover – Celebrating Filipino American History Month, the crew behind Have a Nice Day returns with a market showcasing Filipino culture and Houston’s small business community. Enjoy food, crafts, appearances from Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler, and more at the Rockets’ liftoff party ahead of the new season on October 10. 10am to 2pm.
- Obscure Houston Oddities Market at Numbers Nightclub | Sunday, October 8 – Shop the macabre at this Houston market featuring dozens of vendors selling taxidermy, wet specimens, art, antiques, occult items and more at the Montrose nightclub. $7 in advance; $10 at the door. 1pm to 8pm.
- Witches Brew Market at National Museum of Funeral History | Friday, October 13 – The North Houston museum for all things funerary hosts a special evening of small business wares from more than 20 vendors along with complimentary drinks, lite bites, and a stroll through the animated haunted house. $40; VIP admission available for $75. 7pm to 10pm.
- Barktoberfest 2023 at Powder Keg | Saturday, October 14 | No Cover – The West Houston drinkery again hosts this pup-centered event with plenty of local beer and food trucks, a vendors market, on-site adoptions and a doggy costume contest, benefiting the local animal rescue organization, Houston Pets Alive! 2pm to 6pm.
- Pearland Art on the Pavilion at Pearland Town Center | Saturday, October 14 & Sunday, October 15 | No Cover – Hit up Pearland’s outdoor shopping district for a two-day juried art market featuring regional artists showcasing and selling one-of-a-kind artwork, with performances by local bands and musicians, plus food truck offerings. 10am to 5pm.
- Bayou City Art Festival in Sam Houston Park | Saturday, October 14 & Sunday, October 15 – The Bayou City Art Festival returns to Sam Houston Park in Downtown for two days of art shopping and showcases by more than 220 national and international artists. Plus, you can stroll the craft beer and boutique wine gardens, participate in a community art project and take in live performances. Tickets are $18 and up; free for ages 12 and under. 10am to 6pm.
- Bazaar on the Bayou at White Oak Music Hall | Sunday, October 15 | No Cover – The fall edition of this popular market in Northside sees more than 75 local vendors setting up shop at the Houston music venue, with DJs spinning throughout the day and Raven Tower open for drinks. 11am to 5pm.
- Fall Artisan Vibe Market at Megaton Brewery | Sunday, October 15 | No Cover – The Kingwood brewery feels like fall with a supersized market held mostly indoors, featuring more than 80 artists, creatives and makers. Swing by to enjoy tasty craft brews, music across two stages, multiple food trucks, and more. Kids and dogs are welcome. Noon to 5pm.
- Houston Home & Garden Show at NRG Center | Friday, October 20 to Sunday, October 22 – Tackle your upcoming home projects, gather ideas for interior design, and learn how to set up your garden this fall for spring blooms at the Fall Home Show at NRG Park. When you’re not planning the big ideas, stop by the Made in Texas Marketplace and take advantage of local artisan shopping. $10; free for ages 16 and under. Times vary.
- Genteel Junque at The Depot on Market in Galveston | Friday, October 20 to Sunday, October 22 | No Cover – Galveston Historical Foundation’s annual market gathers a slew of high-quality antiques, furniture and art—from Victorian to Mid-Century Modern—for an afternoon of shopping. Friday is open to GHF members only; Saturday and Sunday are free and open to the public. Times vary.
- George Ranch Frontier Days at George Ranch Historical Park | Saturday, October 21 – The historical park in Fort Bend returns with its 39th annual festival, featuring hands-on activities, battle re-enactments, historic home tours, craft vendors, food, and more for George Ranch’s biggest event of the year. $20; $15 for ages 4 to 12; free for ages 3 and under. 9am to 5pm.
- Vibe Artisan Market at Post Houston | Saturday, October 21 & Sunday, October 22 | No Cover – Head to the X-Atrium inside Post for a vast fall market that features more than 200 local artists, creatives and makers doling out their wares, plus DJ Lifted will be spinning tunes and you can sip complimentary cocktails on the SkyLawn. 11am to 6pm.
- Boo on the Bayou Halloween Festival at Allen’s Landing Park | Saturday, October 28 | FREE – Thorn & Moon Magickal Market helps host a Downtown marketplace on Halloween weekend. Shop more than 100 artisan vendors while you take in special performances, tarot readers, live music, food trucks and more. Dress up and vie for first prize in the costume contest, then stick around to catch a spooky movie screening and bat bridge boat tours. 7pm to midnight.
- Night Market 2023 at Asia Society Texas | Friday, November 3 | FREE – The popular annual event returns to the Museum District, offering a host of family-friendly activities including a curated marketplace, games and cultural installations, an Otaku Alley highlighting all things manga, anime and cosplay, sumo wrestling demonstrations, a Japanese-style carnival, and more. Free to attend, some activities require a ticket. 6pm to 10pm.
- Holiday Soul Nutcracker Market at the Power Center | Saturday, November 4 – Support a wide array of small business owners at this one-day shopping market that features holiday decor, gifts, clothing, food and more that highlight the culture and lifestyle of communities of color. $20 in advance; $27 at the door. 10am to 5pm.
- 10th Annual Houston Afrifest at Houston Christian University | Saturday, November 4 – Drawing thousands from across the city, this annual fest celebrates the continent of Africa with a market featuring local and international vendors, and showcasing the arts, music, fashion and foods from across the region. $10; free for ages 12 and under, students, seniors and veterans. 11am to 7pm.
- Houston Ballet Nutcracker Market at NRG Center | Thursday, November 9 to Sunday, November 12 – Knock out your holiday shopping at one of Houston’s largest market events. Stroll through the endless aisles filled with merchants selling goodies and gifts for the holiday season. $20. Times vary.
- Bastrop Art Fest at Lost Pines Art Center in Downtown Bastrop | Saturday, November 11 | No Cover – Stroll the streets of historic Downtown Bastrop at the annual fall art festival, where you’ll join the town’s artist and craft community, try your own hand at art-making, shops works on display, and enjoy family festivities with games and kids activities. 10am to 4pm.
- Markets for Makers Houston at Silver Street Studios | Friday, November 11 & Saturday, November 12 – The Silver Street campus opens up for pop-up shopping from more than 120 makers and creatives doling out home decor, fashion, art, design, gourmet foods and more. $8 in advance; $15 at the door. 10am to 5pm.
- 16th Annual Home for the Holidays Market at Katy Merrell Center | Friday, November 18 to Sunday, November 19 – The 16th edition of this namesake market brings three days of huge holiday shopping to Katy, showcasing last-minute Thanksgiving decor, Christmas goods, crafts, gifts and more from more than 130 merchants. Santa will be making appearances and door prizes will also be up for grabs. General admission tickets are $6; free for ages 12 and under. First-Call Shopping tickets are $10 and offer an exclusive Friday shopping window from 10am to 2pm. General admission hours are Friday 2pm to 6pm; Saturday 10am to 6pm; Sunday 11am to 4pm.
- 30th ZineFest Houston at the Orange Show | Saturday, November 18 | No Cover – Celebrating its 30th year, ZineFest is a grassroots festival that gathers media creators from across the city to share their zines, mini-comics and other forms of small press, alternative, underground, DIY media and art. Swing by Houston’s Orange Show for Visionary Art, shop and find community. Noon to 6pm.
- Hollydays Market at Fort Bend County Fairgrounds | Friday, December 1 to Sunday, December 3 – Get your holiday shopping done with weeks to spare at this Rosenberg market that brings together more than 130 merchants, crafters and small businesses doling out all sorts of winter and Christmas-themed goods. Tickets are $6; good for all three days. Times vary.
- Christmas Gift Market in Town Green Park | Saturday, December 9 & Sunday, December 10 | No Cover – For those leaving the gift shopping late, the Woodlands’ Town Green Park sets up shop with more than 150 exhibitors and local vendors for you to score that last-minute gift. 9am to 5pm daily.
Don’t Miss Out on Tomorrow’s Fun!
Don’t want to miss anything? Opt in for our Daily Updates to discover new things happening in Houston and receive special updates and offers, every weekday.