Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide from Monday, September 18 to Sunday, September 24, 2023.
Your favorite nightlife guide is back to cure your weekly FOMO. We’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening all week long around Houston, from Monday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide in Houston This Week: September 18 to 24, 2023
- Comedian Ali Siddiq at Houston Improv | Thursday to Saturday – A Bring the Funny finalist and H-Town’s own, Ali Siddiq lands at the Improv for six high-demand shows across the weekend. $80 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- Passaporte Portugal at Central Market | Thursday to Sunday – Explore the flavors and culture of Portugal with a series of in-store events, including food and wine tastings, cooking classes and demonstrations, a silent disco and other activities. Pricing and times vary.
- Galveston Island Shrimp Festival in Downtown Galveston | Friday & Saturday – Sample some of the Gulf Coast’s best shrimp and gumbo, enjoy the L’il Shrimps parade, live music, a Strand merchant market and other family fun. Friday’s Kick Off Party is $65 and includes dinner, open bar and live entertainment. Saturday’s festival is free to attend; sampling cups are $13. Friday 7:30pm to 10pm; Saturday 10am to 6pm.
- The Riot Comedy Club presents Ismo at Rudyard’s Pub | Friday & Saturday – The comedian from Finland has managed to replicate his home country success in the States, and you can catch his latest set across two nights in Montrose. $17 and up. 7pm and 9pm.
- Beyoncé in Concert at NRG Stadium | Friday & Saturday – Houston’s own Queen Bey returns to H-Town for two concerts as part of her Renaissance World Tour. Her first concert in the Bayou City in seven years, these shows are among the most anticipated concerts of the year and are expected to sell out. $230 and up. 8pm.
- Karbachtoberfest Week 1 at Karbach Brewing Company | Friday to Sunday | FREE – The annual German celebration of beer and brewing gets a decidedly Karbach twist with wiener dog races, live music, stein hoisting and other family-friendly activities. Times vary.
- 27th Houston Turkish Festival at the Water Works at Buffalo Bayou | Saturday & Sunday – Sample simit sandwiches and falafel wraps, shop a bazaar of art and other unique finds, and enjoy traditional folk dances and music as you celebrate the vibrant culture of Turkey. $10 in advance; free for ages 12 and under. Saturday 11am to 9pm; Sunday 11am to 8pm.
Monday, September 18, 2023
- A Dinner from Uma Casa with Chef Telmo Faria at Central Market – Enjoy a meal filled with Chef Telmo Faria’s favorites, including a delightful sampling of salt cod; grilled spicy chicken; and a dessert. $100. 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Drake in Concert at Toyota Center – Drizzy’s rescheduled June show is finally here and the multi-platinum pop star is performing with 21 Savage on their co-headlining It’s All a Blur tour in celebration of their joint release Her Loss. $74.50 and up. 8pm.
Tuesday, September 19, 2023
- Extoberfest 2023 at Excalibur Brewing | No Cover – As part of the Spring brewery’s week-long celebration, this night of Extoberfest offers live music, German dancers, food truck and new beer launches. 2pm to 9pm.
- 7th Annual Banh Mi Cook-Off Fundraiser at Chapman & Kirby – Skilled chefs from Houston go head-to-head in a thrilling contest to craft extraordinary variations of the beloved Vietnamese sandwich, the Bánh Mì. This annual cook-off fundraiser serves as both a culinary extravaganza and a heartfelt initiative to support and uplift the Vietnamese and Asian communities of Houston. $40. 6pm to 9pm.
Wednesday, September 20, 2023
- Bourbon Fest 2023 at Julep – In celebration of National Bourbon Heritage Month, Alba Huerta’s James Beard Award–winning bar on Washington Avenue hosts bourbon tastings and classic bourbon cocktail demos. $25. 4pm to 7pm.
- Fried Rice Pop-up at The Phoenix on Westheimer | No Cover – Pick your protein and the Pheonix peeps will fry up a delicious bowl of fried rice with options like xa xiu, egg, spam, shrimp and more, all in celebration of National Fried Rice Day. 4pm to 8pm.
- BBQ, Bubbles & Bivalves at Truth BBQ – Close out the summer with champagne, a curated selection of oysters, and live-fire BBQ bites from Truth BBQ, Chubby Fish CHS, and Bludorn Restaurant. $95. 5pm to 8pm.
- 1701/RC Ranch x Karbach BBQ Beer Dinner at Karbach Brewing Company – Join the Spring Branch brewery for an exclusive BBQ Beer Dinner where the mouthwatering mastery of 1701 Barbecue and the richness of RC Ranch Wagyu Beef meets the craft of Karbach’s finest brews. $125. 6:30pm.
- Brewery Bingo with Memorial Park Conservancy at the Rally Pavilion – Near the Memorial Park Landbridge, you can join others for six games of bingo with complimentary brews from Eureka Heights and plenty of prizes to be won. $15. 6:30pm.
Thursday, September 21, 2023
- Sip & Stroll at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center – Enjoy a sunset walk that includes two glasses of wine or Saint Arnold beer, delicious cheese and charcuterie offerings from Graze HTX, plus a specialty wine glass to take home. $45. 5:30pm to 7pm.
- Music on the Lawn at GreenStreet | FREE – The Downtown shopping and dining center hosts a live concert by Paul Frias, part of an outdoor music series held throughout September. While there, take in happy hour specials from McCormick & Schmick’s, grab dinner to-go from Guadalajara del Centro or The Palm, and enjoy the evening in the heart of Houston. 5:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Urban Harvest presents Secret Supper Club V: Autumn in the Park – Join Urban Harvest for the fifth Secret Supper Club dinner that features welcome cocktails and a four-course meal with wine pairings, held at a secret park location to be revealed to attendees. Dishes will be provided from chefs Suu Khin of Burmalicious, Joe Murphy of Nobu, Ruchit Harneja of Musaafer, and Auden’s Kirthan and Kripa Shenoy. $300. 6pm to 9pm.
- Trivia Night at Houston Toy Museum – Think you know your esoteric facts? Do you demolish your competition at Trivial Pursuit? Then grab some friends and head to the museum for six rounds of trivia. The fee to play includes museum admission. $10. 7pm.
- Salsa Night at Post Houston | FREE – Put on your dancing shoes and head Downtown as Love Dance HTX teaches you salsa and other Latin rhythms. Grab a bite and a drink from one of Post’s vendors and salsa the night away. This evening of fun and music is perfect for all levels and experience. 7pm to 10pm.
- Christian Nodal in Concert at Toyota Center – Fusing mariachi and norteño, the Latin Grammy-winning Mexican singer-songwriter comes to Houston fresh off his latest EP release, Forajido 2. $66 and up. 8pm.
- Omar Courtz at Clé Houston – The Puerto Rican singer-songwriter makes an appearance at the Midtown club, kicking off the weekend. Rolling Stone called his sound “slick [and] suave,” and his Reggaeton tracks are making waves around the world. $25 and up. 10pm to 2am.
Friday, September 22, 2023
- Three Graces One Pot Cook Off at Post Oak Ice House – Part chili cookoff, part stew stampede, part gumbo gauntlet, and part dessert delight, this cooking competition and tasting event lets anyone bring their one-pot culinary creations to the masses. While one team will take home the trophy, all ticketholders will get to taste all the dishes and decide for themselves. $20 and up. 1pm to 5pm.
- Oktoberfest Kick-Off Party at King’s BierHaus Heights | No Cover – Kicking off Oktoberfest ahead of King’s official festival in October, this in-house party features a wooden keg tapping with a Bavarian pig roast, plus VIP ticket giveaways and a Bavarian Stronghuman competition for tickets. 5pm to 11pm.
- That ‘70s Party at Hendley Market Lofts – The Galveston Arts Center celebrates all things ‘70s at this dress-up party that includes 1970s-inspired bites, music and more to benefit the organization’s outreach programs. $50. 6pm to 9pm.
- Going Batty at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center – This adults-only event takes you on a nature walk with special devices so you can listen to bat sonar. Because bats are pollinators for the agave plant, you’ll also get a tequila popsicle from KICPOPS, and learn more from bat expert DeAndra Ramsey about why bats matter to our ecosystem. $50. 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Skateboard Art Show at Hardy & Nance Studios | FREE – Check out board designs by local Houston artists at this showcase of skateboarding at the near Downtown gallery. It’s a chance to see how the sport and art meld together in creative harmony. 7pm to 11pm.
- Slander DJ Set at 713 Music Hall – The Los Angeles DJ duo, known for their distinctive take on electronic music, comes to Houston for a concert at the Post Houston music venue. $44.50 and up. 7:30pm.
- Kam Franklin in Concert at Axelrad | FREE – The singer-songwriter and activist, who leads Gulf Coast favorite The Suffers, takes the stage at the beer garden, showcasing her career influences from across soul, country, gospel, reggae and more. 8pm.
- Comedian Ilana Glazer at Cullen Performance Hall – The Broad City comedian and writer brings her energy and wit to this live set at the University of Houston. Her latest standup special, The Planet Is Burning, can be seen on Amazon. $35 and up. 8pm.
- Comedian Zane Lamprey at Eureka Heights Brewing Company – Fresh off his Amazon special Tender Looks!, the comedian and host of travel shows on Food Network and the Travel Channel brings his new material to the Heights brewery for a night of his Thirsty Tour. $25 and up. 8pm.
- Beyoncé Night on the Roof at Post Houston – This tribute concert to Queen Bey features Reign La’Rue performing songs from the pop star’s Renaissance album. Wear silver and groove out under the stars. $10. 9pm.
Saturday, September 23, 2023
- GroovFest at the Tomball Depot | FREE – Throw it back to yesteryear with a day of groovy live music featuring the songs of Buddy Holly, the Doors, the Beatles and more from the Fab 5, plus a Volkswagen show, kids activities, delicious food and more in Tomball. 11am to 6pm.
- Oktoberfest 2023 at Spindletap Brewery | FREE – The North Houston brewery kicks off a slate of festivities with live music from the Homebrewed Brass Ensemble, German-inspired foods, games like stein holding and wife carrying, contests and more. 11am to 10pm.
- B52 Oktoberfest at B-52 Brewing | FREE – Enjoy German brews and traditional foods at the Conroe brewery’s annual Oktoberfest celebration, featuring live music, games and competitions, a best-dressed contest and more. Free to attend; drink bundles are $30. Noon to 9pm.
- Lumikhâ Arts Showcase at the Orange Show | FREE – This celebration of creativity gathers the works of more than 35 Filipino and Asian American artists and performers that utilize their passion and craft to make a difference in their local and broader communities. Enjoy live music and tasty foods in an exciting night of collaboration and community. 3pm to 10pm.
- Oktoberfest at Vallensons’ Brewing Co. | No Cover – The Pearland brewery hosts a night of Oktoberfest fun with German beers, food from Seven Seeds BBQ, contests and tunes. 6pm to 9pm.
- Comedian Deon Cole at Bayou Music Center – Known for his award-winning role as Charlie in ABC’s Black-ish and this summer’s Average Joe, the Emmy-nominated comedian can also be seen in his most recent hour-long Netflix special, Charleen’s Boy. $39 and up. 8pm.
- Edén Muñoz in Concert at 713 Music Hall – The chart-topping Regional Mexican singer-songwriter stops by the Post Houston stage while on his Consejos Gratis 2023 tour. $20 and up. 8pm.
- Casa Argentina de Houston presents Trifilio Tango Show at MATCH – This experience wraps you up in the beauty and mystery of Argentina’s national dance. Featured performers include renowned bandoneon master and prolific tango composer Emmanuel Trifilio; QuinTango, one of Washington’s finest instrumental ensembles; and the celebrated Argentine tango singer Mariana Quinteros. $64 and up. 8pm.
- Buxton Reunion Show at the Continental Club – Houston’s own Americana five-piece reunites for the re-release of their 2008 album, A Family Light. Narcons opens the show. $5 in advance; $10 at the door. 9pm.
- Mersiv DJ Set at Stereo Live – The producer and DJ known for his freeform genre style of EDM, Mersiv performs at the West Houston nightclub. $10. 10pm.
Sunday, September 24, 2023
- Cars & Cocktails at Little Woodrow’s Tomball | No Cover – Head to Tomball to check out high-performance cars, trucks, bikes, hot rods, classic muscle, and off-road trucks. Bonus: grab a drink and make new friends among the vehicle enthusiasts. 11am to 3pm.
- Them Jeans DJ Set at El Segundo Swim Club – Catch some rays, chill in a cabana and enjoy adult beverages while listening to the L.A.-based Them Jeans play everything from high-energy house and hip-hop sets to dark and underground U.K. sounds. $20. 11am to 7pm.
- Fall Celebration Market at Shady Acres Saloon | FREE – Come out to this neighborhood market near the Heights with local vendors, live music, bingo and more to mark the beginning of fall. Noon to 10pm.
- The Diana Foundation’s Charity Drag Brunch at Hamburger Mary’s – Enjoy a festive brunch and drag show in Downtown while raising funds for the Montrose Center’s SPRY division (Seniors Preparing for Rainbow Years). Expect glitter, glitz and fabulous entertainment. $45 and up. 1pm to 3:15pm.
- Brews & Browse End Of Summer Market at Urban South HTX | FREE – Capping off the summer, the Arts District brewery busts out the festivities with a family-friendly market that also includes a bounce house, face painting, raffle prizes, food, treats and more. 1pm to 6pm.
- Festival de la Salsa at Discovery Green – The Downtown park space hosts a full day of salsa celebration, infused with Latin culture and showcasing the many influences of Africa, Europe, the Caribbean, United States and beyond. Enjoy live music, folklorico and cultural performances, food vendors and more during an event that promotes unity and cultural diversity. $10 in advance; free for ages 12 and under. 1pm to 10pm.
- Woof & Whiskey at William Price Distilling – At this fundraiser for Harris County’s Pets Heal-A-Heart program, you will learn to craft tasty whiskey cocktails while also enjoying an auction, bar snacks, drink specials and a dog-friendly bar. $25. 2pm to 5pm.
- USPA H. Ben Taub Memorial Cup at the Houston Polo Club – Experience a world class polo match with a player parade, live music, expert announcing, Champagne divot stomp at halftime, and special trophy presentation. Enhance your experience with elevated concessions from David Cordúa’s The Lymbar at an additional cost. $18 and up. 5pm.
- Kindred Stories presents Ode to Hip-Hop Trivia Night at the Historic Eldorado Ballroom – Show off your hip-hop knowledge as you crush the competition in this friendly trivia battle at the newly reopened historic ballroom in Third Ward. Compete in a team to combine forces and have fun. $20. 6pm.
- The Art Jam at the Orange Show | FREE – Are you working on an art project or want to meet creatives in the community? The Orange Show hosts this fun-filled evening of self-expression where artists and musicians can come together to meet, mingle and create. Bring your sketchbooks, iPads, musical instruments, a chair or blanket, and most importantly your imagination for this free and freeform meetup. 6pm to 10pm.
- Comedian Bert Kreischer at Toyota Center – Most recently seen in his Netflix stand-up specials, Hey Big Boy and Razzle Dazzle, the comic and host of the weekly show Bertcast comes to Downtown for a one-night show. $44 and up. 7pm.
Don’t Miss Out on Tomorrow’s Fun!
Don’t want to miss anything? Opt in for our Daily Updates to discover new things happening in Houston and receive special updates and offers, every weekday.