Get your laughs at these must-see live comedy shows and events in Houston for September 2023.
Find more comedy happening all month long in the 365Houston Calendar.
Here are our picks for the month’s top nights in comedy:
Top 20 Live Comedy Events This Month: September 2023
- Eddie Griffin at Houston Improv | Friday, September 8 & Saturday, September 9 – From rave reviews for his appearance on Def Comedy Jam to an Ace Award–winning HBO special and his Showtime special Undeniable, Griffin has been a fixture in the comedy world for more than 30 years. He brings his observations on life and people to Houston for back-to-back nights at the Improv. $180 for four, and up. Times vary.
- The Riot Comedy Club presents Jourdain Fisher at Rudyard’s British Pub | Friday, September 8 & Saturday, September 9 – The comedian, writer and actor, who’s been seen on The Tonight Show and Comedy Central, comes to Houston for three shows at the Montrose pub. $20 and up. Times vary.
- Richard Villa at Houston Improv | Sunday, September 10 – The bilingual stand-up comedian and actor performs a Sunday evening set in Spring Branch, bringing a lifetime of observations and experiences as a Mexican American Latino from Compton, California. $50 for 2, and up. 7:30pm.
- Stanzi Potenza at Houston Improv | Wednesday, September 13 – The Boston comic has grown a following into the millions with viral sketches and through her weekly podcast, What Fresh Hell is This? She’ll headline the Improv for a special midweek set. $80 for 4, and up. 7:30pm.
- Iliza Shlesinger at Bayou Music Center | Thursday, September 14 – Appearing in acclaimed stand-up specials on Netflix, including last year’s Hot Forever, the comedian and actress plays the Downtown stage while on the Hard Feelings Tour. $39.50 and up. 7pm.
- Joe Wong at the Secret Group | Thursday, September 14 – The deadpan comic, who also holds a biochemistry PhD from Rice, headlines a night at the EaDo comedy club, bringing his observations on pop culture, life and stereotypes as a Chinese American. $40 and up. 8pm.
- T.J. Miller at Houston Improv | Friday, September 15 to Sunday, September 17 – The “one man philosophy circus” has been in Deadpool and starred on Silicon Valley, amongst countless other films, and makes a weekend stop at the Improv on the Gentle Giant Tour. $50 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- Mo Amer at Bayou Music Center | Saturday, September 16 – Born in Kuwait and raised in H-Town, the comic most recently made his mark with the successful first season of his Houston-shot Netflix comedy, Mo, which loosely follows his life growing up as a Palestinian refugee in the Alief area. The comedian returns for his biggest performance yet in Houston on the officially recognized Mo Amer Day, and you’ll need to act quickly to secure solid seats before they’re gone. $38 and up. 8pm.
- Hannah Berner at House of Blues | Sunday, September 17 – After bursting onto the comedy scene through social media, Hannah Berner went on to feature for multiple seasons in Bravo’s Chat Room and Summer House. Now, she hits the road to deliver her comic chops at the Downtown stage. $40 and up. 7pm.
- Ali Siddiq at Houston Improv | Thursday, September 21 to Saturday, September 23 – A Bring the Funny finalist and H-Town’s own, Ali Siddiq lands at the Improv for six high-demand shows across the weekend. $80 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- Ilana Glazer at Cullen Performance Hall | Friday, September 22 – The Broad City comedian and writer heads to the University of Houston campus for a rare stand-up performance. $35 and up. 8pm.
- Zane Lamprey at Eureka Heights Brewing Company | Friday, September 22 – Fresh off his Amazon special Tender Looks!, the comedian and host of travel shows on Food Network and the Travel Channel brings his new material to the Heights brewery for a night of his Thirsty Tour. $25 and up. 8pm.
- The Riot Comedy Club presents Ismo at Rudyard’s Pub | Friday, September 22 & Saturday, September 23 – The comedian from Finland has managed to replicate his home country success in the States, and you can catch his latest set across two nights in Montrose. $17 and up. 7pm and 9pm.
- Deon Cole at Bayou Music Center | Saturday, September 23 – Known for his award-winning role as Charlie in ABC’s Black-ish and this summer’s Average Joe, the Emmy-nominated comedian can also be seen in his most recent hour-long Netflix special, Charleen’s Boy. $39 and up. 8pm.
- Bert Kreischer at Toyota Center | Sunday, September 24 – Most recently seen in his Netflix stand-up specials, Hey Big Boy and Razzle Dazzle, the comic and host of the weekly show Bertcast comes to Downtown for a one-night show. $44 and up. 7pm.
- The Riot Comedy Club presents Rob Stant at Rudyard’s Pub | Thursday, September 28 – The Montrose comedy club hosts a night of laughs from Philly comedian Rob Stant, who delivers his observations on everyday life, his fiancé, and the world around us. $15 and up. 7pm.
- Joe Dombrowski at Houston Improv | Thursday, September 28 – The one-time elementary teacher rose up in the comedy world after making an impression on Ellen with his spelling test prank on April Fools’ Day. Now, he brings his tales from the classroom to the Improv stage. $50 for 2, and up. 7:30pm.
- The Riot Comedy Club presents Joey Avery at Rudyard’s Pub | Friday, September 29 & Saturday, September 30 – Across two nights, the Riot hosts this comedian on the rise who frequently tours with fellow comics like Andrew Schulz, Mark Normand and Trevor Wallace. Catch him during one of his three sets at the upstairs stage at Ruds. $20 and up. Times vary.
- D.L. Hughley at Houston Improv | Friday, September 29 to Sunday, October 1 – A legendary comedian, actor, and host of his weekday radio show, D.L. Hughley stops by the Improv for five sets across three nights. $100 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- Russell Peters at Smart Financial Centre | Saturday, September 30 – Seen in his Netflix specials, Notorious and Almost Famous, Russell Peters brings his Act Your Age World Tour to Sugar Land for a signature set. $44 and up. 8pm.
Don’t Miss Out on Tomorrow’s Fun!
Don’t want to miss anything? Opt in for our Daily Updates to discover new things happening in Houston and receive special updates and offers, every weekday.