Take a tour of H-Town’s weekend highlights with our 365 Houston guide to the best things to do in Houston this weekend, from Friday, August 25 to Sunday, August 27, 2023.
Every weekend, Houston has plenty of happenings to be found around town—but which ones are the highlights that can help you plan an enjoyable weekend of outings?
We’ve whittled down our extensive Weekend Guide to offer you some of our favorite things to look forward to from Friday to Sunday.
Looking for more things to do? Dig deeper for all of our weekend picks with the 365 Houston Weekend Guide, or comb through our Calendar for even more events, activities, and things to do this weekend.
The 15 Best Things to Do in Houston This Weekend: August 25 to 27, 2023
- Summer Surprise Pop-Up at Asia Society Texas Center | Daily | Final Weekend – In its final days, this cafe takeover from Cassie Ghaffar and Sandy Nguyen—the minds behind Saigon Hustle and Sunday Press—will be serving up a fresh menu of banh mi, milk tea, Japanese-inspired sandos and more at the cafe inside Asia Society. Menu prices vary. 8:30am to 3pm.
- LL Cool J & the Roots, Big Boi & more in Concert at Toyota Center | Friday, August 25 – Getting together for the Frequencies of Real Creative Energy Tour, LL Cool J teams up with the Roots, DJ Z-Trip and DJ Jazzy Jeff for a celebration of hip-hop. Special guests scheduled to appear include Big Boi, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Goodie Mob, Juvenile and Rakim. $27 and up. 7pm.
- Galveston Island Esports Summit at Galveston Island Convention Center | Friday, August 25 to Sunday, August 27 – Get ready for gaming, robot battles, virtual reality, board games and more as this popular event makes its return to the Island. You’ll find interactive pods and a chance to connect with fellow game enthusiasts. $40 and up; $20 for ages 12 and under. Times vary.
- Author Indie Book Fair at Spring Street Studios | Saturday, August 26 | No Cover – Eighty-nine independent authors from around Texas will be on hand to discuss, sell and sign their work. This family-friendly event in the Arts District includes writers working across multiple genres. Tikkas and Takkos will be on site with food and drink, and artists who work and create at Spring Street Studios will open their doors to showcase their own creativity. 10am to 6pm.
- 19th Street Tent Sale on 19th Street in the Heights | Saturday, August 26 | No Cover – The end-of-summer sidewalk sale brings deep discounts from beloved shops that line block after block of historic 19th Street in the Heights. 10am to 6pm.
- Summer Dream Bash at Urban South HTX Brewery | Saturday, August 26 | FREE – Expect a waterslide and other activities where you can splash and cool down at this family-friendly event at the Arts District brewery. Look for a live DJ, photo booth, face painting and other activities to celebrate the end of summer. 1pm to 6pm.
- Friends of the Phoenix BBQ Benefit for Daniel Ramon at The Phoenix | Saturday, August 26 | No Cover – This fundraiser raises money for Daniel Ramon, who was hit in a car collision on the way to work in the Woodlands, resulting in two months of hospital stays, surgeries and therapy. Barbecue sandwiches and plates are available for purchase, and there will be live music, a dunk tank, raffle and more. Food will be served from 4pm to 8pm or whenever it runs out. 3pm to 9pm.
- National Battle of the Bands at NRG Stadium | Saturday, August 26 – Kicking off the fall marching band season, this annual competition sees the country’s top bands battling it out on the Texans’ gridiron. TSU’s Ocean of Soul Marching Band highlights the lineup, alongside six other HBCU programs. $20 and up. 6pm.
- Yappy Hour at the San Luis Resort | Saturday, August 26 | No Cover – The Seawall-facing resort in Galveston hosts a dog-friendly happy hour benefiting the Galveston Island Humane Society. 6pm to 8pm.
- Comedians Please Don’t Destroy at White Oak Music Hall | Saturday, August 26 – The Saturday Night Live trio consisting of Ben Marshall, John Higgins and Martin Herlihy make a special appearance at White Oak, bringing their brand of surreal, off-color humor to the downstairs stage. $35. 7pm.
- Neon Garden at Axelrad | Saturday, August 26 | FREE – The monthly series returns to Axelrad with a free outdoor concert, a Super Smash Bros. tournament, and retro video game stations set up throughout the venue alongside art installations. 7pm to 2am.
- Houston Dash vs. Kansas City Current at Shell Energy Stadium | Saturday, August 26 – In the final home match until October, the Dash celebrate some of Houston’s inspirational women leaders on Inspiring Women’s Night at the stadium. $10 and up. 7:30pm.
- Fat Tony DJ Set at El Segundo Swim Club | Sunday, August 27 – The Houston native son and Third Ward rapper takes to the decks at the laidback swim club in Second Ward for a DJ set in the dog days of summer. $30. 11am.
- The Brunch: End of Summer Beer Market at Pitch 25 | Sunday, August 27 | FREE – Families and pets are welcome to hit up the EaDo sports bar for a market, live music, aerial silk performances by Crystal Yoga Studio, brunch and drink specials, and more. This end-of-summer event will get you ready for fall. 2pm to 7pm.
- RBD in Concert at Minute Maid Park | Sunday, August 27 – Touring for the first time in 15 years, Mexican pop group RBD have reunited to make a stop at Minute Maid, marking their final concert appearance in Houston before disbanding again after the tour. $92 and up. 7pm.
Don’t Miss Out on Tomorrow’s Fun!
Don’t want to miss anything? Opt in for our Daily Updates to discover new things happening in Houston and receive special updates and offers, every weekday.