Celebrate the summer release of the Barbie film at party events, bars and restaurants serving up food and drink specials in Houston.
With the upcoming release of this summer’s dreamy, pink-fueled film, Barbie, plenty of Houston-area businesses are getting in on the fun with celebratory events, limited-time drinks, and can’t-miss dishes for the premiere.
We’ve found more than a dozen offerings and events to put on your radar, to make the most of the summer blockbuster.
Barbie Events & Drink Specials in Houston
- Barbie The Album Listening Party at Cactus Music | Tuesday, July 18 – Join in on a global listening party when Houston’s oldest record store hosts an event to celebrate the soundtrack release later in the week. Enter for a chance to win Barbie swag and enjoy free refreshments as you listen to new tracks by Lizzo, Khalid, Ava Max, Dominic Fike and more. Free wristbands are required to enter, while supplies last. 5:30pm.
- Think Pink Waffle at the Waffle Bus | Friday, July 21 – To celebrate the Barbie premiere, for one day only, the Waffle Bus in the Heights and Montrose will be serving the Think Pink Waffle, a fresh baked waffle with sweet cream, caramel, fresh strawberries, strawberry pink whipped cream and topped with pink sugar crystals for $9.99. 11am to midnight.
- Barbie Drinks at Slowpokes | Through Sunday, July 23 – All locations of the H-Town coffee slingers are pouring up limited-time drink specials, served with Barbie stickers. Through the premiere weekend, you can order the Barbie Girl—a berry cream lemonade made with strawberry, raspberry, lemonade and coconut milk—and the Barbie World, an iced vanilla latte with strawberry cold foam and pink sprinkles.
- Barbie Dishes at Amrina in the Woodlands | Through Sunday, July 23 – In addition to a delicious bright pink dish in tuna tartare, this Woodlands hotspot is serving up the Clouds of Barbie dessert; a light and foamy pistachio cake with rose espura topped with a pistachio macaron and pistachio butter-filled golden lips. Pair this dreamy dessert with the Bartail, a perfectly pink cocktail featuring pisco, grapefruit juice, Campari and simple syrup.
- Barbie Cocktails at Blossom Hotel in Medical Center | Friday, July 21 to Sunday, July 23 – Celebrating the premiere weekend, Blossom Hotel has devised a special Barbie Cocktail Menu with three pink-tinged offerings; the Malibu Mimosa combines peach schnapps with raspberry and lychee puree, pink glitter and prosecco; Margarita in Pink blends strawberry with creme de voilette, fresh lime juice, triple sec, agave and tequila, finished with a pink sugar rim; and the Malibu Beach Soda offers a refreshing mix of elderflower liqueur, Malibu rum, pink glitter and club soda, served over ice.
- Barbie Cakes & Cookies at Three Brothers Bakery | Through Sunday, July 30 – Place an order for the perfect Barbie party sweets at any of the four locations of this longtime Houston bakery. You can order a six-pack of royal iced cookies ($28) with the signature Barbie silhouette, or opt for the four-layer 8″ cake ($60) in white and chocolate offerings, encased in bright or light pink icing and topped with sprinkles, sparkles and the iconic Barbie cut out.
- Barbie Dream Spritz at Postino | Friday, July 21 to Sunday, July 30 – All six locations of Postino in the Houston area will be serving a special Barbie Dream Spritz ($9) to celebrate the premiere of the film. The pink concoction features an aperitivo mazzura cappelletti, Cocchi Rosa and sparkling rosé, topped with fresh strawberry and served with a pink straw. For each drink sold, Postino will donate $1 to Girls Who Code, an organization that aims to empower and support young women in their pursuit of tech careers.
- Barbie Brunch at Brasserie 19 | Sunday, July 30 – Assemble your crew for a Barbie-themed brunch in River Oaks, featured a special menu of eats and cocktails, along with photo ops and other dining specials. Have your pick of the Cosmopolitan Barbie—a blend of vodka, Cointreau and cranberry juice—or try the Beyond the Pink, a simple drink of gin with orange-hibiscus syrup. 12:30pm to 4:30pm.
- Frozen Treats at Café Leonelli at Museum of Fine Arts, Houston | Through Monday, July 31 – Frohzen, the ice cream concept by Michelin-starred Pastry Chef Salvatore Martone, has unveiled their month-long offering called the Barbie Girl, a Barbie-pink strawberry gelato topped with hot pink sprinkles in a waffle cone.
- Barbie Girl Cocktail at Axelrad | Friday, July 21 to Friday, August 4 – For two weeks, you can pair a screening of the summer blockbuster with this vodka-based cocktail from the Third Ward patio bar, which also includes a blend of passion fruit, watermelon and lemon for $9.
- Dreamhouse Boutique Cafe at Popfancy Dessert Bar | Friday, July 28 to Sunday, August 20 – For three weeks, Barbie fans can take to the Bellaire dessert bar for a Barbie-themed takeover, featuring a life-sized doll house, a special menu, live DJ, photo ops, cosplay and trivia nights—plus themed dress-up weeks. Walk-ins welcome Monday to Thursday; reservations recommended for weekends. 1pm to 10pm daily.
- Barbie Cupcakes at Crave Cupcakes | Through Sunday, August 27 – In Uptown, Kirby and the Woodlands, the Houston cupcake shop can supply you with the perfect cupcake for your Barbie celebrations all summer long. The Malibu Dream Cupcake is made of yellow cake with pink sprinkles inside, topped with real strawberry icing, colorful sprinkles, and a signature “B” fondant to top it off.
- Montrosé at 8th Wonder Brewery | Limited Summer Release – Tart, bright and elegant, Montrosé is a new rosé-style sour from 8th Wonder and can be found in its signature pink cans at select retailers and in the spacious backyard taproom of the EaDo brewery. Plus, a portion of the proceeds from Montrosé sales will benefit the Montrose Center.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).