Celebrate the Fourth of July with our guide to 30+ firework shows, parades, concerts, and more happening around Greater Houston on and before Independence Day, Tuesday, July 4, 2023.
From Galveston to Conroe and everywhere in between, cities across the Greater Houston area are gearing up for big firework spectacles, concerts, and much more to celebrate Independence Day.
Check out our guide to more than 30 special events happening across the city and find a celebration near you.
Things to Do on 4th of July in Greater Houston
Fourth of July Fireworks & Events in Houston
- IndePAWdence Day at Little Woodrow’s EaDo | Sunday, July 2 | No Cover – The EaDo outpost of the popular drinkery celebrates the weekend with a dog-friendly day of fun, featuring puppy pools, splash pads, toys, treats and more. Noon to 2am.
- Rafa Barrios: Independence Eve at Bauhaus | Monday, July 3 – The Spanish EDM DJ hits the decks at Bauhaus to bring in the holiday. $10 and up. 8pm to 2am.
- 4th of July Celebration at Bobcat Teddy’s Ice House | Independence Day, July 4 | No Cover – The White Oak mainstay in the Heights hosts a classic celebration with burgers, hot dogs and live music. Noon.
- Kidpendence Day at Children’s Museum Houston | Independence Day, July 4 – Open for the Fourth, Children’s Museum Houston hosts an afternoon program featuring Captain America in an interactive story time, a science demo, and production of Power Up: The Musical! $17. 12:30pm to 3:30pm.
- Fourth of July Celebration at Bayou Bend Collection & Gardens | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – Salute freedom in style as Bayou Bend in River Oaks features an extravaganza of Americana, with live performers, crafts, activities, and refreshments. 1pm to 5pm.
- Fourth of July at B&B Butchers & Restaurant | Independence Day, July 4 – B&B Butchers & Restaurants has a great view of the Freedom over Texas fireworks extravaganza from its parking lot, so it’s inviting guests to join them for a celebratory dinner this Independence Day. In addition to the regular steakhouse menu, guests can enjoy a duo of TX Wagyu Hot Dogs with steak fries and all the accouterments for $28. Reservations are encouraged. 4pm to 10pm.
- Freedom Over Texas & Fireworks at Eleanor Tinsley Park | Independence Day, July 4 – The annual Freedom Over Texas will feature local, regional, and national entertainment and will be capped off with a musically choreographed, “Texas-sized” fireworks finale at Eleanor Tinsley Park. The concert stage will host a headlining set from country star Chris Young, plus award-winning artist Yola, soul band TMF, Cupid, Keesha Pratt Band, Step Rideau and more. Fireworks are slated to start around 9:30pm. Tickets are $10; free ages 5 and under. 4pm to 10pm.
- Bubbles & Fireworks Boat Tour at Allen’s Landing | Independence Day, July 4 – Hop aboard BBP’s pontoon boat for a perfect view of Downtown’s spectacular fireworks show while floating along Buffalo Bayou and enjoying bubbly, beer, wine, and light bites. $125. 8pm to 10pm.
- Houston Symphony’s Star Spangled Salute at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – The Symphony’s Independence Day tradition returns to the Miller stage, featuring a rousing program of patriotic songs to celebrate the country’s birthday. Fireworks will cap it all off, beginning around 10pm. 8:30pm to 10pm.
- Freedom Over Texas Fireworks Show in Downtown | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – The annual celebration at Eleanor Tinsley Park may be an all-day ticketed festival, but the fireworks finale can be viewed from many areas across Houston. The best views will be those with a clear line of sight to the skies above the park and Buffalo Bayou, immediately west of Downtown. 9:30pm.
Fourth of July Fireworks & Events in the Woodlands, Kingwood & North Houston
- Outlaw Music Festival: Willie Nelson & Family at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Sunday, July 2 – Celebrate one of country music’s bonafide legends on Independence Day weekend when Willie Nelson and friends come to the Woodlands to honor the red-headed stranger’s legacy in the American songbook. $39.50 and up. 4:30pm.
- Houston Symphony’s Star Spangled Salute at Cynthia Mitchell Woods Pavilion | Monday, July 3 | FREE – Delight in patriotic music as the Houston Symphony presents its annual Star Spangled Salute in the Woodlands. 8pm.
- 4th of July Parade in Kingwood | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – Patriotic floats roll through Kingwood neighborhoods to open Independence Day morning, ending at Kingwood High School. The parade will get started at the cornor of Rivers Edge and Sandy Forks Drive. 9am.
- South Montgomery County 4th of July Parade at Market Square | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – This parade at Market Square in the Woodlands features local dignitaries, marching bands, street performers, horses, floats and more. 9am.
- July 4th Family Games Festival at Town Center Park in Kingwood | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – Head over to Town Center Park in Kingwood for some family-friendly entertainment, games, axe throwing and more, plus a laser light show to end the evening. 3pm to 9:30pm.
- July 4th Celebration and Street Fest in Tomball | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – Honor America’s independence with live music, food, games, and more activities followed by a fireworks spectacular at dusk in Tomball. 4pm to 9:30pm.
- 26th Annual Red, Hot & Blue Festival in The Woodlands | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – The Woodlands celebrates freedom with a variety of family-friendly activities at multiple locations throughout the township. All sites will feature live music beginning at 6pm with bands playing until the Fireworks Extravaganza at around 9:30pm. 6pm to 10pm.
Fourth of July Fireworks & Events in Sugar Land, Bellaire & Southwest Houston
- Sugar Land Space Cowboys vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers at Constellation Field | Monday, July 3 – The final game of this six-game series in Sugar Land features a special patriotic jersey giveaway to fans on Monday night. $9 and up. 6:30pm.
- Celebration of Independence Parade & Festival at Bellaire Town Square | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – The Bellaire Celebration of Independence kicks off with the children’s decorated bike parade, followed by a live band, carnival games, food and more at Bellaire Town Square. 9:30am to noon.
- Red, White & Boom at The Crown Festival Park at Sugar Land | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – Take the family out to Crown Festival Park for live musical entertainment, community booths, activities, photo opportunities, and of course, a dazzling firework display to conclude the celebration. 5pm to 9pm.
- 4th of July Festival at New Territory Sports Complex | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – Take to New Territory in Sugar Land for a night of diverse food truck offerings, live music by local artists, ride and games, and a fireworks show to cap it off. Free to attend; $10 for a rides wristband. 6pm.
Fourth of July Fireworks & Events in Katy & West Houston
- Red, White & Boom at Typhoon Texas Waterpark | Independence Day, July 4 – Enjoy a day of 4th of July fun, barbecue and live entertainment at Typhoon Texas in Katy, then stick around for the Freedom Celebration fireworks show. Guests are also welcome to view the fireworks from Katy Mills Mall for free. $44.99 and up. 11am to 11pm.
- Independence Day Fireworks at CityCentre | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – The West Houston shop district hosts an evening of live music and a 10-minute firework spectacular for Independence Day. Though free, parking is $10 in the garages after 4pm. 7pm to 10pm.
Fourth of July Fireworks & Events in Pasadena, La Porte & Baytown
- Baytown’s 4th of July Celebration at Bicentennial Park | Monday, July 3 & Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – The City of Baytown hosts its two-day 4th of July event with a parade, a firework extravaganza, and live music by Grammy-winning artists Sunny Sauceda, Siggno, and LeAnn Rimes. A fireworks spectacular caps it off at 9:30pm. Monday 6pm to 10pm; Tuesday 4pm to 10pm.
- Pasadena 4th Fest at Pasadena Municipal Fairgrounds | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – Let freedom ring and enjoy food trucks, a kids’ zone, vendors, fireworks, and live music at Pasadena Municipal Fairgrounds. Fireworks begin at 9:30pm. 4pm to 10pm.
- Fourth of July Fireworks at Sylvan Beach in La Porte | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – The city of La Porte hosts its annual fireworks spectacle from the pier at Sylvan Beach. The event will kickoff around 9:15pm and can be seen at various points near Sylvan Beach and La Porte High School. 9:15pm to 9:45pm.
Fourth of July Fireworks & Events in Galveston, Kemah & Southeast Houston
- Friendswood 4th of July Celebration at Stevenson Park | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – Opening with the Grand Parade at 10am, Friendswood hosts its 128th Independence Day celebration. Stevenson Park will be the site of rides, games, food and live entertainment starting at 11am, then you can catch live music by Tin Man Band at Centennial Park at 7:30pm, followed by a fireworks show at 9:20pm.
- Galveston Fourth of July Parade on Seawall Boulevard | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – Galveston Island hosts its annual Independence Day with a parade featuring a procession of floats, decorated military vehicles, and performers. The parade will kick off at 6pm with a procession on Seawall Boulevard starting at 22nd Street and ending at 45th Street. 6pm to 8pm.
- July 4th Celebration & Concert at the Grand Galvez | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – Bring your lawn chairs to Centennial Green in front of the historic hotel for prime parade viewing, lawn games, music and more. 6pm to 9pm.
- Celebration of Freedom at Independence Park | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – Honor the country’s birthday at Independence Park in Pearland with live music from the Junior Gordon Band, family-friendly games and activities, free giveaways and a spectacular fireworks display. Free to attend, $5 for a rides wristband. 6pm to 10pm.
- Texas City Independence Day Celebration at Bay Street Park | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – Texas City salutes patriotism with live music entertainment and explosive fireworks to end the show at Bay Street Park. 7pm to 9pm.
- 4th of July Fireworks Over the Gulf in Galveston | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – Stake out your spot on the Seawall for a stunning display of fireworks over the Gulf of Mexico. The show will get started near 37th Street and Seawall, lasting about 20 minutes. 9:15pm to 9:45pm.
- Fourth of July Celebration at Kemah Boardwalk | Independence Day, July 4 | FREE – Spend the evening at Kemah Boardwalk for a July 4th celebration complete with live music and a patriotic firework show over Galveston Bay. 9:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).