Experience the power of yoga at free sessions that celebrate summer solstice across Greater Houston on Wednesday, June 21 and Saturday, June 24, 2023.
Coinciding with summer solstice, the longest day of the year, the International Day of Yoga invites people from around the world to come together in their communities for yoga sessions that fuse movement and mindfulness.
This year, neighborhoods across Greater Houston will host their own free sessions that are open to the public. Events are mostly held on summer solstice, Wednesday, June 21, in the early morning and evening hours so that you can avoid the hottest times of the day.
But, if you can’t make the midweek sessions, then one event on Saturday in Sugar Land will offer a great way to start your morning.
2023 International Day of Yoga Events in Greater Houston
- Summer Solstice Sunrise Flow at the Center for the Healing Arts & Sciences | Wednesday, June 21 | FREE – Held in Montrose, this event opens with a sunrise yoga session, flowing through 108 sun salutations to celebrate the solstice. Refreshments will be provided and you can also participate in a gift card raffle. Capacity is limited so registration is recommended. 6:15am.
- International Day of Yoga at Central Green Park | Wednesday, June 21 | FREE – At the community green space of La Centerra in Cinco Ranch, you can enjoy gentle music and yoga flows while exploring crystal bowls, natural medicine and other local vendors. 8am to 11am.
- International Day of Yoga at Discovery Green | Wednesday, June 21 | FREE – Collaborating with the Counsel General of India, Discovery Green hosts this facilitated yoga practice, alongside performances by advanced yogis and Bollywood dancing. Follow up the event with a labyrinth walk made of canned food that will then be donated to Houston Food Bank. 6pm to 9pm.
- International Day of Yoga & Summer Solstice at Market Street | Wednesday, June 21 | FREE – In the Woodlands, this session begins with a community conversation, followed by yoga to a curated playlist that will help you close out the summer solstice energized and focused for the season ahead. Registration is required. 6:30pm to 8pm.
- 5th Annual International Day of Yoga at Josey Lake Park in Bridgeland | Wednesday, June 21 | FREE – At the Bridgeland community in Cypress, this fifth annual event brings a yoga session for all skill levels and a local health and wellness market, along with a chance to win prizes and memberships. 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Summer Solstice: International Day of Yoga at Post Houston | Wednesday, June 21 | FREE – Candice Quino leads this late evening class on the Skylawn, where you can connect with your breath and find inner balance among Downtown’s skyscrapers. During the class, you can also soak in the vibes of mesmerizing sound bowl vibrations from Leticia Contreras. 8pm.
- International Day of Yoga at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, June 24 | FREE – Bring your mat for this Saturday morning session among members of the surrounding Sugar Land, Richmond and Missouri City communities. 7:30am to 9am.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).