Celebrate Father’s Day with our picks for concerts, car shows and other special events happening from Friday, June 16 through Father’s Day, Sunday, June 18, 2023.
Honor the fathers and father figures in your life at a weekend of special events for dads, including live music, exotic car shows, comedy specials, family attractions and more, taking place in the Greater Houston area.
Father’s Day Weekend 2023 Events in Houston
Father’s Day Weekend Events
- Exclusive Ticket Discounts on Wings Over Houston Airshow 2023 | Daily – Throughout Father’s Day weekend, you can secure 50%-off tickets for October’s Wings Over Houston Airshow at Ellington Field. The event is expected to draw huge crowds for the US Air Force Thunderbirds, expert pilot demonstrations, kids activities and much more. Sign up for free to become an Air Show Insider and score tickets at the deepest discounts of the year during an exclusive purchase window. $25 and up.
- Big Daddy Movie Screening at Urban South HTX Brewery | Friday, June 16 | FREE – Get your Father’s Day weekend rolling with an indoor screening of the 1999 Adam Sandler comedy, Big Daddy, where the beloved comedian takes on an unexpected parenting role. While there, enjoy specialty-themed frozen beer and complimentary popcorn. 7pm.
- Day of the Dad at Sugar Land Town Square | Friday, June 16 to Sunday, June 18 | FREE – This three-day celebration of the dads in your life starts with a ’70s rock tribute performance on Friday night, a slate of BBQ and country hits from the Kenny Chesney Barefoot Nation band on Saturday, and an all-day Sunday celebration with specials at Town Square eateries and a balloon wall photo op. Concerts start at 7:30pm.
- Houston Astros vs. Cincinnati Reds at Minute Maid Park | Friday, June 16 to Sunday, June 18 – With the Reds stopping by Space City, fans have a chance over the Father’s Day weekend to enjoy a dad-themed Friday fireworks show, a special Jeremy Peña bobblehead giveaway and other goodies at Minute Maid. $34 and up. Times vary.
- Magical Dad’s Day at the Woodlands Children’s Museum | Saturday, June 17 – This Dad’s Day celebration hits a day early but is filled with Father’s Day art projects, magic shows and a magic-themed story hour. $8 for ages 1 and up. 10am to 4pm.
- Father’s Day at George Ranch Historical Park | Saturday, June 17 – Head back to the old days for a lesson in gun slingin’ at this annual Father’s Day celebration where dads learn how to load and shoot replica flint locks and percussion rifles that date back to the time of the Alamo. Classes are just for dads, but family members are invited to watch and explore the rest of the grounds. Classes are $10. General admission is $15; $10 for ages 4 to 12; free for ages 3 and under. Sessions at 10:30am, 12:30pm and 2:30pm.
Father’s Day, Sunday, June 18, 2023
- Coffee, Cars and Cigars at Riverhouse Houston | FREE – The East River eatery rolls out the red carpet for a fleet of classic, luxury and custom-designed cars to stroll past, plus you can enjoy the gourmet coffee bar, mimosas and a special Father’s Day brunch menu for the occasion. East River 9 will also have custom-made cigars available for purchase. Car show is 9:30am to noon; brunch from 10:30am to 3pm.
- Father’s Day Car Show & Concert at Traders Village | FREE – The Northwest Houston marketplace celebrates Father’s Day with an expansive car show featuring all makes and models, and live music on the main stage. Free to attend; $5 for parking. 10am to 5pm.
- Music of Grateful Dead for Kids & Father’s Day Celebration at Last Concert Cafe – Little deadheads and their dads can groove to the Grateful Dead sounds from Griffin Swank and friends at this special concert intended to introduce kids to classic rock and roll. $15. Noon to 1pm.
- A Lone Star Brunch at Central Market Cooking School – Fire up a hearty brunch on Father’s Day at this cooking class where small groups will create a brunch spread with seasonal fruit, poached eggs, a sticky bun, and papas con chorizo. $65 per person; ages 13 and up. 11am to 1:30pm.
- Real Dads Do Real Things presents Father’s Day Party at Alexander Deussen Park | FREE – On the shores of Lake Houston, this nonprofit hosts its first-ever Father’s Day celebration with music, food, and games like flag football, water balloon fights, waterslides and more. 11am to 6pm.
- Father’s Day at Kemah Boardwalk – The waterfront attraction offers a $5 discount for dads on an all-day ride pass when you purchase one. While there, enjoy Gulf coast eateries, boardwalk games, and scenic views of the water. Passes are $26.99. 11am to 9pm.
- Father’s Day at Eureka Heights Brewing Co. | No Cover – The Heights brewery celebrates dads with an afternoon of mouth-watering burgers and hot dogs from Deckle & Hide, the annual Dad Joke competition, and a Dad Bod Wet T-shirt contest—with prizes up for grabs. Noon to 3pm.
- Drive Your Dream Car Show at NRG Park – This one-day event brings together celebrity cars, exotics, old-school muscle, and more automobiles for a Father’s Day car show all afternoon. The family-friendly event will also feature amusement rides, carnival games, gaming trucks and more. $40 and up. Noon to 5pm.
- Father’s Day All-You-Can-Eat Crawfish at Southern Star Brewery – D’s Cookin’ pulls up to the Conroe brewery for an afternoon of all-you-can-eat crawdads with tasty craft beer. $35; includes four pounds of crawfish with corn, potatoes, sausage and a beer. Noon to 6pm.
- Father’s Day at Bayou Bend Collection & Gardens – The decorative arts museum in River Oaks hosts a Father’s Day in the gardens, with light refreshments, live music and art activities. Free for fathers; $12.50 for adults; $6.25 for ages 13 to 18; free for ages 12 and under. 1pm to 5pm.
- Father’s Day Dinger Derby at Home Run Dugout in Katy – The Katy outpost of this indoor batting cage and restaurant hosts a Father’s Day edition of its home run derby, where father-child pairs will compete to be crowned home run champs. Free to attend; $10 per pair. 4pm and 8pm.
- Cigars, Cocktails & Comedy with Don DC Curry at Bayou Place – In the heart of Downtown’s Theater District, comedian Dave Lawson will host a special Father’s Day celebration with cigars, cocktails and comedy from Don DC Curry, and Ray Etc. $50 and up; VIP options available. 5pm.
- Drunk Shakespeare at Emerald Theatre – Five professional actors assemble on stage to perform one of the great plays of Shakespeare with a catch—one actor downs five shots of whiskey prior to the performance and the other actors strive to keep the script on track. $39 and up. 5pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).