Updated Monday, June 5, 2023 at 10:55am
Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide from Monday, June 5 to Sunday, June 11, 2023.
Your favorite nightlife guide is back to cure your weekly FOMO. We’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening all week long around Houston, from Monday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide in Houston This Week: June 5 to 11, 2023
- 19th Annual Wine & Food Week in the Woodlands | Daily – This year’s Wine & Food Week celebrates the creativity found in the heart of the wine and food industry. Attendees can expect hundreds of wines, chefs from across Houston and beyond, and an emphasis on the arts with experiential art installations, plus meet and greets with award-winning and emerging artists. Prices and times vary.
- Comedian Arnez J at Houston Improv | Daily – The Atlanta-native comedian brings his energetic, laugh-out-loud, and profanity-free material to the stage at West Houston’s Improv across four nights. $70 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- The Riot Comedy Club presents Michael Longfellow at Rudyard’s Pub | Friday & Saturday – One of the newest castmembers on Saturday Night Live, Michael Longfellow brings his Tourfellow to the Riot Comedy stage for back-to-back nights. $20 and up. 7pm and 9pm.
- After Dark Experience at Department of Wonder | Friday & Saturday – The Sugar Land attraction keeps their doors open after hours, allowing adults 21+ to experience a whimsical world of immersive fantasy while they enjoy complimentary cocktails (non-alcoholic available). $60. 7pm to 10pm.
- Otaku’s Summer Matsuri Food & Anime Festival at Karbach Brewing Co. | Saturday & Sunday | FREE – Calling all anime enthusiasts to this two-day summer celebration from Otaku Food Festival, featuring more than 50 food and drink vendors serving delights from across the Asian continent, plus anime vendors and voice actors, photo ops and all-day entertainment. Saturday noon to 10pm; Sunday noon to 6pm.
Monday, June 5, 2023
- Bingo Monday at Galveston Island Brewing – Play a few rounds of Bingo just blocks from the seawall when Galveston Island Brewing hosts a weekly series of games with prizes, beer and on-site food trucks. 5pm to 7pm.
- Cherished: Cher Tribute at Main Street Crossing – The Tomball venue hosts a tribute to the iconic Cher, featuring hits like “Strong Enough,” “Believe,” “If I Could Turn Back Time” and many others. $34 and up. 8pm.
Tuesday, June 6, 2023
- Cocktails in Bloom at Eleanor Tinsley Park – The second annual spring soirée gathers guests for cool cocktails, tasty hors d’oeuvres, live music and beautiful views of Buffalo Bayou Park, to help fund the work necessary to create and care for Houston’s dynamic parks and trails. $150. 6:30pm to 9pm.
- Sinatra Under the Stars at Post Houston – Hear the music of Ol’ Blue Eyes under the stars and Downtown skyline with a live jazz concert featuring other takes on contemporary tunes as well. $45 and up. 8pm.
- The Stonewall Inn Takeover at Trash Panda Drinking Club | No Cover – For one night only, Trash Panda in Northside turns into the iconic LGBTQ+ landmark and bar, Stonewall Inn. Stonewall bartenders Mel Albaladejo and Mike Salanari will join from New York City, serving their signature Stonewall drinks. There will also be music from DJ Chauncey D, a visit from the newly crowned Ms. Stonewall 2023, and a New York–themed menu. 8pm to midnight.
Wednesday, June 7, 2023
- Prince Day Houston at Velvet Room – Celebrate 65 years in which the legend most commonly known as Prince has existed in our hearts and minds by getting down at Velvet Room in honor of him and the mystical number 7. $30 and up. 6pm to 1am.
- Wine Bingo Night at the Classy Cork Wine Room | No Cover – Play four rounds of wine-themed bingo for a chance to win prizes at the local wine room haunt in Spring. 7:30pm.
- Comedian AJ Wilkerson at Houston Improv – The Florida-based veteran and comedian with autism is known for his side-splitting punchlines and nervous charm as he relates the unique way his brain works—and when it works against him. $40 for 2, and up. 7:30pm.
Thursday, June 8, 2023
- Pride Chorus Houston: Pride Happy Hour at Moody Center for the Arts | FREE – The Rice University arts gallery hosts its annual Pride Happy Hour event with acapella renditions of pop favorites from Pride Chorus Houston, plus after-hours tunes from DJ Krazzy Kris. 5pm to 7pm.
- Boygenius in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Titans of indie rock Phoebe Bridgers, Lucy Dacus, and Julien Baker bring their indie supergroup to the White Oak lawn, on the heels of their freshly released debut album, The Record. Resale tickets only. 6pm.
- Dining in the Dark: Global Tastes at Mastrantos – Surprise the senses by testing your taste buds at a unique Dining in the Dark experience, where guests will explore tastes from around the globe while blindfolded. The 90-minute sessions are $80 per person. 6pm and 8:30pm.
- Out in Tech Houston Mixer at AvantGarden | FREE – The eclectic garden bar hosts an inclusive networking event for LGBTQ+ people and allies working in the tech industry. 6:30pm to 8pm.
- ROCO Resound: Savor at Soren’s – The Dunlavy restaurant in Montrose offers a selection of wines and tasty bites by Chef Soren Pedersen, as well as the opportunity to explore commissions and composers of ROCO’s 19th season through pairings of musical and gastronomical flavors. $100. 7pm.
- Baby Rose and Q in Concert at House of Blues – The R&B singer comes through while touring her sophomore release, Through and Through. $25 and up. 7pm.
- Pokémon Trivia at King’s BierHaus in the Heights | No Cover – Catch ’em all at this special Pokémon-themed event with trivia, an inspired menu of food and drinks, decor, prizes and costumes. 7pm to 10pm.
- Silver Triplets of the Rio Hondo in Concert at Axelrad – Check out the psychedelic Western vibes of Silver Triplets of the Rio Hondo at the neon-lit backyard stage of Axelrad. $12 and up. 7pm to 11pm.
Friday, June 9, 2023
- Mixology 101: Infusion Series at Hampton Inn & Suites Tomball – Learn cocktail theory and history in this class that teaches how to make three unique classic cocktails on your own, as well as three custom-curated take-home infusions. $90. 5pm.
- Cousins Maine Lobster at Eureka Heights Brewing Co. | No Cover – The Heights brewery hosts COusins Maine Lobster for a night of lobster rolls, lobster bisque, lobster tacos and more, paired with tasty craft beers. 5pm to 9pm.
- Pixels Movie Screening at Urban South HTX | No Cover – The inventive brewery in Arts District hosts a screening of the 2015 Adam Sandler film, Pixels, alongside tasty treats from the tap. 7pm to 10pm.
- Wish Upon a Star: An Art Tribute to Disney at Hardy & Nance Studios | FREE – Postponed for nearly three years, this night of artist tributes to the world of Disney finally unveils at the near-Downtown studios. Open to all ages, this event also includes complimentary brews for adults and Disney-inspired cocktails and juice. 7pm to 11pm.
- QRION DJ Set at Bauhaus – The Japanese DJ and producer lands in Downtown’s premiere venue for EDM for a Friday night set. $20. 10pm to 2am.
- Luci DJ Set at Stereo Live – In West Houston, Stereo Live hosts dubstep DJ Luci with her blend of EDM and pop-driven performance. $10. 10pm to 2am.
Saturday, June 10, 2023
- Beer Olympics at Spindletap Brewery – Start your weekend facing athletic feats as a team when the North Houston brewery kicks off a day of party games with tasty beer and grub. $40 per team; or $10 per person. 10:30am.
- Vibe Artisan Market at Post Houston | FREE – Head over to Post Houston’s X Atrium for over 120 local artists, creatives, and makers, a live DJ, complimentary cocktails, over 20 concept restaurants, and more. 11am to 5pm.
- Rosé Day Brunch at Brasserie 19 – The annual National Rosé Day celebration will feature themed cocktails, “brunch-sized” bottles of Rosé, and special menu items, photo moments, raffles, and more. Reservations recommended. Noon to 3pm.
- 29th Anniversary Party at Saint Arnold Brewing Company | FREE – Houston’s oldest craft brewery celebrates 29 years with an open-to-all bash in the garden and festivities all day. Enjoy special variants of the Banger IPA, commemorative birthday glassware, and a lineup of musicians performing hip-hop, Latin hits and yacht rock. 2pm to 9pm.
- Mario Kart Tournament at Ingenious Brewing Company | FREE – Get your blue shells ready when the Humble brewery hosts a free-entry tournament that offers up prizes to first and second place in Mario Kart action. 4pm to 8pm.
- Yellow Cup Weekend Festival in Downtown – Held on Naylor Street just north of Downtown, this all-day indoor concert features multi-genre performers from the worlds of hip-hop, R&B, Afrobeats, trap, and soca music. $35 and up. 4pm to 10pm.
- Third Coast PrideFest Pub Crawl on the Strand in Galveston – Downtown Galveston is the site for Third Coast PrideFest’s pub crawl that kicks off at Murphy’s Pub in the late afternoon, ending at Sound Bar, with several stops along the way. $30. 4:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Houston Pride Band: Summer Love at MATCH – Enjoy chart-topping favorites, Broadway hits and two world premieres that showcase summer, love stories and famous relationships at this special concert from Houston Pride Band. $15. 8pm.
- Loveletter & Radio Rewrite at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE – Aperio, Music of the Americas presents a grooving program of minimalist music and lo-fi jams perfect for a summer evening on the hill at Hermann Park. 8:30pm.
- Play RnB: ’90s vs. 00s at Warehouse Live – Hear hits from the ’90s and early 2000s with sets from DJ Reino, DJ Ciciondarox, and MC Kodak in EaDo. $15 and up. 9pm.
- Bad Bunny vs. Feid at Rise Rooftop – This reggaeton dance party in Midtown pits the music of Bad Bunny against Feid, with plenty more hits on offer. $25 and up. 9pm to 2am.
Sunday, June 11, 2023
- Summer Vibe Artisan Market at Megaton Brewery | FREE – The Kingwood brewery’s annual artisan market features more than 80 local artists, creatives, makers, live music, food trucks, and more. Noon to 5pm.
- The Ultimate Houston Reverse Drag Brunch at Big Brother Big Sister Event Center – Hilarious drag queens Flawless Oz, Foxy Mon’Ro and Symphony McKnight Capri highlight this all-day event just outside of Downtown, featuring Southern and Caribbean fusion cuisine, mimosa towers, signature cocktails, and jams by DJ Rocabye. $10 and up. Noon to 7pm.
- Power Fest 2023 at the Water Works – From the organizers of Houston LatinFest comes this celebration of Latin music and culture on the grounds of Buffalo Bayou Park, with views of the towering skyscrapers of Downtown. Expect live music from Latin American artists like Oscar D’Leon, J. Alvarez, Los Hermanos Flores and many others. $20. 1pm to 10pm.
- DJ Pauly D at Clé Day & Night – The Jersey Shore reality star and DJ comes to the poolside tables for an afternoon at Clé. $25. 2pm to 8pm.
- Father’s Day Beginner Calligraphy at Vinology Bottle Shop & Wine Bar – Learn an introduction to modern calligraphy with a pointed dip pen and ink to make a unique Father’s Day card at the wine bar on Bissonnet. $70. 3pm to 4:30pm.
- Comedian Becky Robinson at House of Blues – The stand-up comic known for her viral characters like Entitled Housewife and Suzie Chapstick comes to the Downtown venue on the She Gone Tour. $35.50 and up. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).