Grab a ticket and some popcorn for our picks to the top games and sports events across Houston in June 2023.
This month, the Astros keep their season rolling along, Houston sports teams celebrate Pride Month, and the seasons come to a close for Houston polo and the Sabercats.
We’ve rounded up the top highlights of this month’s sporting schedule, but you can find more on the 365 Houston calendar.
Top 14 Sports Games in Houston This Month: June 2023
- Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Angels at Minute Maid Park | Friday, June 2 to Sunday, June 4 – The reigning champs are picking up steam as the season rolls on and will face Shohei Ohtani and the Angels at the juicebox. The first 10,000 fans can snag weekend giveaways like a Lance McCullers throwback jersey, a Jeremy Peña bobble and an Astros clutch. $24 and up. Times vary.
- Houston Dash vs. Orlando Pride at Shell Energy Stadium | Saturday, June 3 – Head out to EaDo to watch Captain Sophie Schmidt and our Dash defend home pitch from the ladies of the Orlando Pride. $10 and up. 7:30pm.
- Vaqueros Cup at Houston Polo Club | Sunday, June 4 – The penultimate pony show of the spring season has arrived, complete with an exciting player parade, live music, the customary Champagne-fueled divot stomp at halftime, and delicious eats from the Lymbar. $35; $15.50 for ages 12 and under. Boxes for 2 to 20 guests range from $89 to $895. 6pm.
- Houston Sabercats vs Old Glory DC at Aveva Stadium | Friday, June 9 – Snag a seat in South Houston and show some love to the Sabercats in an action-packed home finale to the regular season. $15 and up. 6pm.
- Houston Dynamo FC vs. LAFC at Shell Energy Stadium | Saturday, June 10 – Western Conference foes come to visit on Pride Night, where the Dynamo will celebrate Houston’s LGBTQ+ community. $25 and up. 7:30pm.
- USPA NYTS Tournament presented by Bill Fick Ford at Houston Polo Club | Sunday, June 11 – The spring polo season comes to close with an exciting doubleheader featuring four teams going head-to-head to win it all. $35; $15.50 for ages 12 and under. Boxes for 2 to 20 guests range from $89 to $895. 6pm.
- Houston Dash vs. NY/NJ Gotham at Shell Energy Stadium | Sunday, June 11 – The Dash host the ladies from both sides of the Hudson on a special Pride Night at the EaDo stadium. $10 and up. 6pm.
- GCVA Beach Volleyball Tournament at Galveston’s East Beach | Sunday June 11 & Sunday, June 17 – The third and fourth matches of the seven match tournament are upon us, and the largest outdoor volleyball association on the third coast invites you to watch and join in on the fun as all ages and skill levels are welcome to sign up and participate. Free to watch. Check-in at 7:30am; games from 9am to 5pm.
- Houston Astros vs. Washington Nationals at Minute Maid Park | Tuesday, June 13 to Thursday, June 15 – The Champs host the Nationals at the juicebox in a rematch of the 2019 World Series. $18 and up. 7pm.
- Sugar Land Space Cowboys vs. Sacramento River Cats at Constellation Field | Tuesday, June 13 to Sunday, June 18 – For six days, the River Cats are in town and fans can get their hands on special giveaways into the weekend, including a Dusty Baker World Series ring, a Space Cowboys jersey, and a Hunter Brown Space City bobblehead. $9 and up. Times vary.
- Houston Astros vs. Cincinnati Reds at Minute Maid Park | Friday, June 16 to Sunday, June 18 – With the Reds stopping by Space City, fans have a chance over the Father’s Day weekend to enjoy Friday fireworks, a special Jeremy Peña bobblehead and other goodies at Minute Maid. $34 and up. Times vary.
- Houston Dash vs. OL Reign at Shell Energy Stadium | Saturday, June 17 – Catch visiting USWNT players like Megan Rapinoe and Rose Lavelle in one of their final appearances before taking off to this summer’s Women’s World Cup. $10 and up. 7:30pm.
- Houston Astros vs. New York Mets at Minute Maid Park | Monday, June 19 to Wednesday, June 21 – The ‘Stros welcome back a familiar face when Justin Verlander comes by to pick up his World Series ring during a three-day series that includes Juneteenth and Pride Night celebrations. $32 and up. Times vary.
- Sugar Land Space Cowboys vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers at Constellation Field | Wednesday, June 28 to Monday, July 3 – Fireworks, Pride Night, and a slate of Astros and Space Cowboys swag highlight a six-game series against OKC that brings the Space Cowboys right up to the Independence Day holiday. $9 and up. Times vary.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).