Plan out your Pride Month with our guide to 45 all-out bashes, parties, and special events taking place in Houston throughout June 2023.
Pride Month has arrived in Houston and that means several weeks full of nightlife events, fabulous drag performances, DJ nights, drink specials, brunches and much more all month long.
Though the annual Pride Festival at City Hall is on hiatus this year (with a planned 2024 return), there’s still plenty of ways to celebrate Houston’s LGBTQ+ community—including the annual Pride Parade on Saturday, June 24, which routinely draws hundreds of thousands for a night of revelry.
We’ve gathered some of the biggest events taking place in Houston during Pride Month, June 2023.
2023 Pride Month Events in Houston
- Pride Month Cocktail at Betelgeuse Betelgeuse | All month long – Washington pizza and cocktail dive Betelgeuse Betelgeuse will be serving up the Yass Queen! cocktail (vodka, fresh strawberries, lemon, simple syrup, edible glitter, and sparkling wine) all month long, offered for $11 per drink, or in a large format that serves 4 to 6 people for $45. For each Yass Queen! sold, $1 will be donated to the Montrose Center and its mission to empower the LGBTQ community to live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Open daily until 2am.
- Pride Month Specials at Dessert Gallery Bakery & Cafe | All month long – As a steadfast ally of the LGBTQIA+ community, Dessert Gallery will offer its Pride Month menu throughout the month of June, donating 20% of all purchases from the special menu to community partner, Allies in Hope (formerly known as AIDS Foundation of Houston). Features include Pride Cake ($9.95 per slice, $62.50 for a 9-inch cake), Pride Hand-Decorated Butter Cookies ($4.95 each), Chocolate Square Petit Fours ($3.95 each) and Chocolate and Vanilla Cupcakes ($4.50 each). Open daily.
- The Show of Shows: A Lavish Drag Show at Kiki Houston | Thursdays in June – Nadine Hughes plays host to this weekly production-style drag show featuring flamboyant thrills and non-stop entertainment. Cover charge at the door. 10pm.
- Saturday Drag Bingo at Bar Boheme | Saturdays in June | No Cover – Get your numbers straight at an afternoon of free bingo with drink specials, drag hosts, DJ beats and more at one of Montrose’s best patios. 21+ only. Noon to 3pm.
- Pride & Play LGBTQ Brunch & Day Party Experience at Crave’s | Sundays in June – This all-day party gets rolling Sundays on Westheimer, setting you up with bottomless mimosas for $40—meaning they’ll bring you one as you finish a glass, for a minimum of two hours. $25 and up. 11am to 4pm.
Weekend of Friday, June 2
- Drag Brunch & Pride Palooza at Urban South HTX | Saturday, June 3 | FREE – The Arts District brewery from NOLA kicks off Pride Month with a 21+ drag brunch featuring the glamorous Persephone, Hannah Santanna and Kitty Kontour, followed by an all-ages Pride Palooza with pop-up vendors, face painting, a bounce house and more. Brunch $50 for 2; free festival admission. Brunch 11am to 2pm; festival 2pm to 6pm.
- Pride Chorus Houston: Love Who You Love at Resurrection Metropolitan Community Church | Saturday, June 3 – In celebration of Pride Month, this concert spans a wide range of musical genres—from Aretha and Elton John to Sam Smith and Ed Sheeran—that lifts up the joy of love in all its forms. $20; $10 for ages 10 and under. 8pm to 9:30pm.
- Pride Market at Karbach Brewing Company | Sunday, June 4 | No Cover – Shop from an array of vendors offering all sorts of artwork, jewelry and more at this market that also features a DJ, food trucks, giveaways and other festivities. 11am to 5pm.
- Pride Picnic at St. Paul’s United Methodist Church | Sunday, June 4 – Near the MFAH, St. Paul’s hosts its annual Pride Picnic, celebrating and affirming the LGBTQIA+ community, with lunch, contests and awards. Free with RSVP, suggested lunch donation of $15. Noon to 2pm.
- Loud & Proud Pride Trivia at Buddy’s | Sunday, June 4 – Flex your knowledge on LGBTQIA+ history, travel, drag culture and more with five rounds of team trivia, prizes for every round, and special entertainment from hosts Sasha Frost and Shenita Q. Pon. $75 per team; six players max. 2pm to 5pm.
Week of Monday, June 5
- The Stonewall Inn Takeover at Trash Panda Drinking Club | Tuesday, June 6 | No Cover – For one night only, Trash Panda in Northside turns into the iconic LGBTQ+ landmark and bar, Stonewall Inn. Stonewall bartenders Mel Albaladejo and Mike Salanari will join from New York City, serving their signature Stonewall drinks. There will also be music from DJ Chauncey D, a visit from the newly crowned Ms. Stonewall 2023, and a New York–themed menu. 8pm to midnight.
- Pink Triangle Legacies: Coming Out in the Shadow of the Holocaust at Holocaust Museum Houston | Wednesday, June 7 | FREE – Historian Dr. Jake Newsome tells the dynamic and inspiring history of the LGBTQ+ community’s original pride symbol by tracing the transformation of the pink triangle from a Nazi concentration camp badge into a widespread emblem of queer liberation, pride, and community. Free to register. 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Pride Chorus Houston: Pride Happy Hour at Moody Center for the Arts | Thursday, June 8 | FREE – The Rice University arts gallery hosts its annual Pride Happy Hour event with acapella renditions of pop favorites from Pride Chorus Houston, plus after-hours tunes from DJ Krazzy Kris. 5pm to 7pm.
- Out in Tech Houston Mixer at AvantGarden | Thursday, June 8 | FREE – The eclectic garden bar hosts an inclusive networking event for LGBTQ+ people and allies working in the tech industry. 6:30pm to 8pm.
- Third Coast PrideFest Pub Crawl on the Strand in Galveston | Saturday, June 10 – Downtown Galveston is the site for Third Coast PrideFest’s pub crawl that kicks off at Murphy’s Pub in the late afternoon, ending at Sound Bar, with several stops along the way. $30. 4:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Houston Dynamo FC vs. LAFC at Shell Energy Stadium | Saturday, June 10 – Western Conference foes come to visit on Pride Night, where the Dynamo will celebrate Houston’s LGBTQ+ community. $25 and up. 7:30pm.
- Houston Pride Band: Summer Love at MATCH | Saturday, June 10 – Enjoy chart-topping favorites, Broadway hits and two world premieres that showcase summer, love stories and famous relationships at this special concert from Houston Pride Band. $15. 8pm.
- Our Stories Belong at the Montrose Center | Sunday, June 11 | FREE – Partnering with Brave Little Company and Holocaust Museum Houston, the Montrose Center offers this rainbow storytime for kids, packed with creative activities ideal for ages 5 to 10. Noon to 1:30pm.
- The Ultimate Houston Reverse Drag Brunch at Big Brother Big Sister Event Center | Sunday, June 11 – Hilarious drag queens Flawless Oz, Foxy Mon’Ro and Symphony McKnight Capri highlight this all-day event just outside of Downtown, featuring Southern and Caribbean fusion cuisine, mimosa towers, signature cocktails, and jams by DJ Rocabye. $10 and up. Noon to 7pm.
- Pride Family Festival at Galveston Island Brewing | Sunday, June 11 | FREE – Held just blocks from Seawall Boulevard, this family festival celebrates Pride Month with a day of Bingo, face painting and more, plus prizes and a day of fundraising. 2pm to 5pm.
- Houston Dash vs. NY/NJ Gotham at Shell Energy Stadium | Sunday, June 11 – The Dash host the ladies from both sides of the Hudson on a special Pride Night at the EaDo stadium. $10 and up. 6pm.
Week of Monday, June 12
- The Riot Comedy Club presents The Gay Agenda at Rudyard’s Pub | Friday, June 16 – The monthly queer variety show features some of the funniest LGBTQ+ comedians in Houston, plus burlesque, interactive singing and more fun at the upstairs stage in Montrose. $15 and up. 11pm.
- Love is Love at Southern Star Brewery | Saturday, June 17 | No Cover – Celebrate Pride Month in Conroe with live music on the outdoor stage, featuring Safe Distance, Walking Ghost Phase, and Heavy Honeys. Noon to 10pm.
- Community Pride Celebration at the Montrose Center | Saturday, June 17 | FREE – Open to all, the Montrose Center hosts a community celebration during its 45th anniversary. Expect live stage performances, a market featuring LGBTQ+ shops and small businesses, food trucks, a history exhibit, and more. Free to attend; VIP options available. 4pm to 8pm.
- Pride Bar Crawl at Buddy’s Houston | Saturday, June 17 – Check in at Buddy’s in Montrose then head to any of the 6 participating bars with Pride drink specials at this crawl, followed by an official after-party at Kiki. $20; discounts available for groups of 4 and more. 4pm to 2am.
- Queer as Folk Art Show at Hardy & Nance Studios | Saturday, June 17 | FREE – The near-Downtown art studios hosts its annual Pride Month exhibition, featuring a diverse range of art styles and subject matter from local artists that celebrate Houston’s LGBTQ+ community. Guests can also take advantage of a complimentary bar with adult and non-alcoholic beverages. 5pm to 9pm.
Week of Monday, June 19
- Houston Astros vs. New York Mets at Minute Maid Park | Tuesday, June 20 – It’s Pride Night at the ballpark for the second game of this three-day series, featuring a clear mini-backpack, Pride entertainment, and dollar dogs. $19 and up. 7pm.
- The Moth: Pride at Warehouse Live | Tuesday, June 20 – The monthly storytelling series invites participants to come on stage and offer five-minute tales about all forms of pride. $15. 7:30pm.
- 3rd Annual And Through Their Eyes Grow Thorns Exhibition at MATCH | Wednesday, June 21 to Sunday, June 25 | FREE – Curated by Kevin Dapree Anderson and presented by the T.R.U.T.H. Project, this week-long exhibition at MATCH explores storytelling through a queer lens of color. Times vary.
- Rock the Runway Fashion Show at Rise Rooftop | Thursday, June 22 – Pride Houston 365 returns to the runway with a celebration of haute styles, the latest fashions in ladies evening wear, and plenty of avant-garde statements from LGBTQIA+ designers. $5 in advance; VIP options available. 7pm.
- Space City Pride at Numbers Nightclub | Thursday, June 22 – Fabulous drag performers Salina EsTitties, Marcia Marcia Marcia, Jasmine Kennedie, Landon Cider and Jax take the stage at the iconic Montrose nightclub for a night of spectacular drag performances. $40 and up. 8pm.
Pride Weekend 2023: Friday, June 23 to Sunday, June 25
- DNVRMX presents Everything’s Bigger Pride at Multiple Venues | Thursday, June 22 to Sunday, June 25 – Get Pride Weekend rolling with a four-night slate of events taking place at venues around Houston, delivering DJ jams from the decks, themed attire nights, drinks and more. Tickets vary by event; $25 and up. Times vary.
- Pride in Business Celebration & Awards at Hyatt Regency Houston | Friday, June 23 – This business community event highlights the work of LGBTQ+ and Allied businesses and the ways they seek to realize a better Houston together. $175. 11:30am to 1:30pm.
- Rainbow on the Green at Discovery Green | Friday, June 23 | FREE – The annual family-friendly Pride night event at Discovery Green returns, with live performances from the LA–based pop singer-songwriter Jordy, supported by Houston’s own powerhouse vocalist, Z’maji. 7pm to 10pm.
- Eden All Girl+ Party at Rise Rooftop | Friday, June 23 – In Midtown, Pride Houston 365 brings its popular girl+ party back, dedicated to the strong womxn of the city’s LGBT+ community. $10 and up; open to ages 18+. 9pm.
- Eagle Pride Festival at Eagle Houston | Friday, June 23 to Sunday, June 25 | FREE – Celebrate Pride weekend with three days of performances—featuring Alexyeus Paris, Lindsay Larue, Mulan and Heidi T Iman—dancing and joyous revelry every night. Free for 21+; VIP options available. Times vary.
- The Pride Run 5K & 10K at Hennessy Park in Downtown | Saturday, June 24 – This special Pride Weekend run starts at Hennessy Park right next to Saint Arnold’s, headed west along the bayou and back. Early arrivals can also take part in a synchronized rainbow throw to get decked out in colorful pigments before you get rolling. $30 and up. 7:30am.
- Families with Pride at Levy Park | Saturday, June 24 | FREE – The Greenway park space hosts this family-friendly celebration with interactive educational activities, Houston Public Library’s big games, hands-on art projects and face painting. Bring your doggo in costume to participate in the Proud Puppy Parade to kick things off. 9am to noon.
- Pride Bar Crawl at the Dogwood | Saturday, June 24 | No Cover – Starting at the Dogwood in Midtown, this pub crawl will send you through several venues in the area, with exclusive drink specials for ticket holders, a costume contest, DJs and more ahead of the Pride Parade in Downtown. $15. 4pm to 10pm.
- Pride Extravaganza at Star Sailor HTX | Saturday, June 24 | FREE – The Heights drinkery and kitchen hosts its annual Pride celebration with a night of live DJs and performers, flash tattoos and face painting, and drinks from Montucky, Topo Chico, Austin Eastciders and Lone Star. 5pm to 1am.
- Official Houston Pride LGBT+ Parade in Downtown Houston | Saturday, June 24 | FREE – The 45th annual pride celebration takes to the streets of Downtown Houston near City Hall for a parade gathering that typically draws hundreds of thousands each year. With no festival taking place this year, attendees are encouraged to patronize Montrose gayborhood bars beforehand or head to Rise Rooftop for the official afterparty. 7pm to 11pm.
- Kinky Circus & Artist Market Pride Party at Numbers Nightclub | Saturday, June 24 – Celebrate Pride Weekend at one of Houston’s most iconic locations when Kinky Circus and Artist Market sets up for a special Pride edition with live performers, circus acts, local artists and vendors, and more. $30 in advance; $40 at the door. 8pm to 2am.
- Rich’s at Rise: Official Houston Pride Afterparty at Rise Rooftop | Saturday, June 24 – The official afterparty to the Houston Pride Parade brings revelers to Rise in Midtown for a rooftop bash with DJs Kitty Glitter and Drew G. $25 and up. 9pm to 3am.
- 5th Annual Pride Recovery Brunch at the Heights Social | Sunday, June 25 – Montrose Center hosts its fifth annual brunch event that celebrates Pride and those who paved the way for freedoms enjoyed today. $50 for a meal and 2 drinks; $15 per additional drink. 11am to 4pm.
Week of Monday, June 26
- Sugar Land Space Cowboys vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers | Thursday, June 29 – The Space Cowboys wrap up Pride Month with a celebration of the LGBTQ+ community and Thirsty Thursdays beer specials thanks to Eureka Heights. $9 and up. 7pm.
- The Riot Comedy Club presents The Gay Agenda: Pride Celebration Special at Rudyard’s Pub | Thursday, June 29 – Close out Pride Month with a special Pride celebration edition of The Gay Agenda featuring some of Houston’s funniest LGBTQ+ comedians at the Riot stage in Montrose. $12 and up. 10pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).