Dine on delicious dishes and enjoy our picks for the top food and drink events taking place around Houston in June 2023.
A sake-soaked Japanese brunch, Pride Month specials, and the return of the Woodlands’ Wine & Food Week are just some of the culinary happenings you have to look forward to in Houston this June.
There’s also tequila, smoked brisket, and even more brunch!
Here are the tasty events to add to your calendar this month:
Top 14 Food & Drink Festivals & Events in Houston This Month: June 2023
- Casamigos Tequila Dinner at Radio Milano | Thursday, June 1 – Fans of tequila and mezcal can enjoy Casamigos cocktails and a multi-course dinner at Radio Milano in CityCentre. Highlights include a Tuna Tiradito amuse bouche paired with a White Negroni; White Oak Smoked Achiote Octopus paired with An Evening in Jalisco cocktail with Casamigos Reposado, orange juice and pink peppercorns; Coffee Rub Denver Steak with a Mole Old Fashion; and Upside Down Cake with a La Catrina cocktail made with Casamigos mezcal, Cointreau, lime juice, cantaloupe and orgeat. $95 per person. 6pm.
- Dining in the Dark: Global Tastes at Mastrantos | Thursdays from June 1 to 15 – Surprise the senses by testing your taste buds at a unique Dining in the Dark experience, where guests will explore tastes from around the globe while blindfolded. The 90-minute sessions are $80 per person. 6pm and 8:30pm.
- Go Bananas! at Houston Botanic Garden | Friday, June 2 & Saturday, June 3 – The annual celebration of the world’s most popular tropical fruit returns to the South Houston botanical gardens, offering a day of educational offerings on banana-related topics, cooking demonstrations with Chef Keisha Griggs, a farmer’s market, kid’s zone and more. $145 for Friday’s pop-up dinner; $65 for Saturday’s brunch; $15 for the Saturday festival. Times vary.
- Drag Brunch & Pride Palooza at Urban South HTX Brewery | Saturday, June 3 – The Arts District brewery kicks off Pride Month with a 21+ drag brunch featuring the glamorous Persephone, Hannah Santanna and Kitty Kontour, followed by an all-ages Pride Palooza with pop-up vendors, face painting, a bounce house and more. Brunch is $50 for 2; festival admission is free. Brunch from 11am to 2pm; Festival from 2pm to 6pm.
- Catalina Canned Wine Mixer at Truck Yard | Saturday, June 3 – In EaDo, the adult playground known for their Ferris wheel hosts a tribute to Step Brothers with a wine tasting, a “Best in Bro” costume contest, photo ops, a Step Brothers cover band, and more. Free to attend; $15 for the wine tasting. Noon to 2am.
- Kubota at Kata: A Sake-Soaked Brunch at Kata Robata | Saturday, June 3 – Chef Manabu “Hori” Horiuchi recently spent a week in his homeland Japan and one of his favorite stops was a visit to the Asahi Shuzo Nigata Sake Brewery, known for its Kubota sake. With that as inspiration, Chef Hori will host a sake-fueled brunch with special guest Kaoru Ito of Asahi Shuzo. Cocktail and sake-paired courses include Oyster, Tamago Sando with Caviar and Menchi Katsu; Madai Carpaccio; Miso Lobster Gratin and Grilled Wagyu A5; Sushi (Toro, Seared Saba, Hamachi, Anago, Kinmedai, Toro Taku); Green Tea Panna Cotta; and a oost-dessert tasting of Soujo Kubota Seppou Junmai Daiginjo. $275 per person. 1pm.
- 19th Annual Wine & Food Week in the Woodlands | Monday, June 5 to Sunday, June 11 – This year’s Wine & Food Week celebrates the creativity found in the heart of the wine and food industry. Attendees can expect hundreds of wines, chefs from across Houston and beyond, and an emphasis on the arts with experiential art installations, plus meet and greets with award-winning and emerging artists. Events include a Flavors of Australia Wine Dinner & Kickoff (Monday, June 5), Rose’ Way, A Sweet Soiree (Thursday, June 8), the Wine Rendezvous Grand Tasting & Chef Showcase (Saturday, June 10), and more. Prices and times vary.
- Cocktails in Bloom at Eleanor Tinsley Park | Tuesday, June 6 – The second annual spring soirée gathers guests for cool cocktails, tasty hors d’oeuvres, live music and beautiful views of Buffalo Bayou Park, to help fund the work necessary to create and care for Houston’s dynamic parks and trails. $150. 6:30pm to 9pm.
- BBQ & Book Signing Event at Loro Asian Smokehouse & Bar | Sunday, June 11 | No Cover – Co-owner and Chef Aaron Franklin will be heading to Loro in the Heights to celebrate the release of his third book, Franklin Smoke. Attendees can enjoy a complimentary book signing alongside smoked Pulled Pork and Chopped Brisket Sliders for purchase. The first 50 guests will also receive a free signed copy of the book. Reserve a spot online. 2pm to 5pm.
- Edgar Allan Poe Speakeasy at Ronin Harrisburg | Thursday, June 15 to Sunday, June 18 – Immerse yourself in the world of Edgar Allan Poe at this pop-up event across four nights in Second Ward. Guests are treated to four of Poe’s most beloved stories, paired with crafted cocktails themed to each macabre tale. $55. Times vary.
- Smoking Essentials Class at R-C Ranch | Wednesday, June 21 – Attendees can learn to smoke brisket and ribs like a pro as R-C Ranch’s expert pitmaster, Brian DeVore, hosts a Smoking Essentials Class at the butcher shop. $100 per person; including pre-smoked brisket samples, sandwiches and ribs. 6pm to 7:30pm.
- Houston Brunch Crawl on Washington Avenue | Saturday, June 24 – Brunch and booze your way through some of Washington Avenue’s most fun-loving bars. Starting at Varsity Sporting Club from noon to 2pm (VIPs at 11am), crawlers can take in entertainment, professional photographers, and an array of featured brunch cocktails and tasty bites on special along the way, with stops at Bottled Blonde, Clutch Bar, Todos Santos, and others. $25; $49 for VIP. Noon to 6pm.
- Pride Month Cocktail at Betelgeuse Betelgeuse | All month long – Washington pizza and cocktail dive Betelgeuse Betelgeuse will be serving up the Yass Queen! cocktail (vodka, fresh strawberries, lemon, simple syrup, edible glitter, and sparkling wine) all month long, offered for $11 per drink, or in a large format that serves 4 to 6 people for $45. For each Yass Queen! sold, $1 will be donated to the Montrose Center and its mission to empower the LGBTQ community to live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Open daily until 2am.
- Pride Month Specials at Dessert Gallery Bakery & Cafe | All month long – As a steadfast ally of the LGBTQIA+ community, Dessert Gallery will offer its Pride Month menu throughout the month of June, donating 20% of all purchases from the special menu to community partner, Allies in Hope (formerly known as AIDS Foundation of Houston). Features include Pride Cake ($9.95 per slice, $62.50 for a 9-inch cake), Pride Hand-Decorated Butter Cookies ($4.95 each), Chocolate Square Petit Fours ($3.95 each) and Chocolate and Vanilla Cupcakes ($4.50 each). Open daily.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).