Take a tour of H-Town’s weekend highlights with our 365 Houston guide to the best things to do in Houston this weekend, from Friday, May 26 to Sunday, May 28, 2023.
Every weekend, Houston has plenty of happenings to be found around town—but which ones are the highlights that can help you plan an enjoyable weekend of outings?
We’ve whittled down our extensive Weekend Guide to offer you some of our favorite things to look forward to from Friday to Sunday.
Looking for more things to do? Dig deeper for all of our weekend picks with the 365 Houston Weekend Guide, or comb through our Calendar for even more events, activities, and things to do this weekend.
The 15 Best Things to Do in Houston This Weekend: May 26 to 28, 2023
- Forever Motown at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Thursday, May 25 to Saturday, May 27 | FREE – A signature performance during Miller Outdoor Theatre’s centennial year, this concert brings the lead singers of iconic groups like the Four Tops, the Temptations and the Marvelettes for an all-star performance of legendary Motown tunes over three straight nights. 8pm.
- Star Party in the Glades at Memorial Park | Friday, May 26 | FREE – At the entrance to the Eastern Glades, local astronomers will be on hand to guide you through the constellations, planets and other visible celestial objects at this Memorial Park star party. 8pm.
- Comicpalooza at George R. Brown Convention Center | Friday, May 26 to Sunday, May 28 – Across three days, faithful fans of comic books, anime, gaming and pop culture are invited for a weekend throwdown with their favorite creators, celebrities and fellow fanatics. Shop an artisan market, take in spectacles throughout the convention floor, snap photos with cosplayers and much more. Single-day passes range from $50 to $74, increasing at the door. Weekend passes are $105 and up; $6 for ages 6 to 12; free for ages 5 and under. Times vary.
- TUTS presents Rent at Hobby Center | Friday, May 26 to Sunday, May 28 | Final Weekend – The epic musical re-imagining of La Boheme became an anthem to love and acceptance that won the Pulitzer Prize and multiple Tony Awards. This brand new production gets a run in Downtown, courtesy of Theatre Under the Stars. $40 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Sazon Latin Food Festival at Karbach Brewing Co. | Saturday, May 27 | No Cover – Taste all the best flavors from the Caribbean, Central, and South America as a dozen different Latin food vendors set up at the Spring Branch brewery. 11am to 8pm.
- 4th Annual Flamingo Fest Golf Cart Parade & Pub Crawl in Downtown Galveston | Saturday, May 27 | FREE – Celebrate National Pink Flamingo Day with this 4th annual golf cart parade through the Postoffice District in Galveston. A fleet of decorated golf carts, scooters and bicycles join district merchants in the downtown procession, with prizes for Best Decorated and Best Costume. Free to watch; $25 to participate. Noon to 5pm.
- Water Lantern Festival at City Place | Saturday, May 27 | FREE – Marvel at the sight of hundreds of LED candle-lit lanterns across the water at the community plaza in Spring. Munch on food truck offerings, enjoy live music and take in this dazzling display. Free to watch; tickets to participate start at $26.98. 5:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Houston Dynamo FC vs. Austin FC at Shell Energy Stadium | Saturday, May 27 – This Texas rivalry adds another showdown to its recent history, when the green-and-black pay the Dynamo a visit. $25 and up. 7:30pm.
- Everything Everywhere All at Once Movie Screening at Market Square Park | Saturday, May 27 | FREE – Catch the Oscars-dominating 2022 comedy-drama starring Michelle Yeoh, Ke Huy Quan and Stephanie Hsu, at an outdoor screening in the heart of Downtown. 8pm.
- Otaku’s Camouflage Food Festival at No Label Brewing Co. | Saturday, May 27 & Sunday, May 28 | FREE – The Katy brewery hosts this two-day family food and anime event that features more than 30 food, drink and anime vendors, plus voice actors, sumo wrestling, cosplay contests, live music and more. Times vary.
- Ed Droste of Grizzly Bear DJ Set at El Segundo Swim Club | Sunday, May 28 – The poolside bar in Second Ward, El Segundo hosts Grizzly Bear founder Ed Droste for some brunch while he’s on the tables. $30. 11am.
- Bark In The Park X Bellaire Open Air at Evelyn’s Park | Sunday, May 28 | FREE – This special edition of the open air market in Bellaire is for the dogs, where plenty of vendors and rescue organizations will be on hand to help support your canine or offer you a new best friend. Noon to 4pm.
- Punk Rock Garage Sale at Bad Astronaut Brewing | Sunday, May 28 | No Cover – The Northside brewery hosts this month’s edition of the Punk Rock Garage Sale, where you can shop vintage wares and fill up on classic music, art, old school toys, comics, music and other goodies from more than 30 vendors. 1pm to 5pm.
- All-You-Can-Eat Seafood Extravaganza at The Phoenix on Westheimer | Sunday, May 28 – This Memorial Weekend bash at the Phoenix offers to fill you up with crawfish or seafood platters of shrimp, blue crab and mudbugs with all the fixins. $30 per person, and up. 1pm to 6pm.
- Memorial Day at Town Green Park in the Woodlands | Sunday, May 28 | FREE – Kick off summer with this annual patriotic celebration that honors the military service of those who sacrificed most for the United States. This evening celebration features a commemoration ceremony, live music and crowd favorites from Rapture, children’s activities, strolling entertainment and a fireworks show. 5pm to 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).