Catch music’s biggest talents at these must-see live shows and concerts around Houston from Monday, May 22 to Sunday, May 28, 2023.
This week, Minute Maid plays hosts to a trio of major headliners, Motown legends hit Miller, and live music fans have free shows to get on their calendar.
Want to dig deeper for live concerts in Houston this month? Check the 365 Houston calendar for more shows happening across H-Town.
Top 12 Live Shows & Concerts in Houston This Week
- Hayley Kiyoko at House of Blues | Monday, May 22 – Head to the heart of Downtown where the movie and popstar is taking over the House of Blues stage with music from her 2022 release, Panorama. $35 and up. 6pm.
- The 5th Dimension at Main Street Crossing | Tuesday, May 23 – The funky sunshine soul band who have been in the spotlight for almost 60 years heads to Tomball for a night of fan favorite tunes. $70 and up. 8pm.
- Red Hot Chili Peppers with the Strokes & Thundercat at Minute Maid Park | Thursday, May 25 – Celebrating their lucky thirteenth record, Return of the Dream Canteen, the record-breaking titans of rock, the Red Hot Chili Peppers are bringing the Strokes and Thundercat on a ride through Houston when they play the Juicebox. $34 and up. 6:30pm.
- Bush at Bayou Music Center | Thursday, May 25 – The Gavin Rossdale-led post-grunge rock band, Bush comes through the Bayou City with music from ninth album, The Art of Survival. $25 and up. 7:30pm.
- Forever Motown at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Thursday, May 25 to Saturday, May 27 | FREE – A signature performance during Miller Outdoor Theatre’s centennial year, this concert brings the lead singers of iconic groups like the Four Tops, the Temptations and the Marvelettes for an all-star performance of legendary Motown tunes over three straight nights. 8pm.
- 311 at House of Blues | Friday, May 26 – The reggae rock band rolls into Downtown Houston for a night of their Billboard charting hits and newest releases. $49.50 and up. 7pm.
- Dermot Kennedy at 713 Houston | Friday, May 26 – The Irish pop singer-songwriter graces the Post Houston music venue, in support of his latest album, Sonder. $25 and up. 7:30pm.
- The Sisters of Mercy at Bayou Music Center | Friday, May 26 – The English goth rockers return stateside for a tour through Downtown’s Theater District venue. $59.50 and up. 8pm.
- Flashback Funkfest with Morris Day & The Time at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Saturday, May 27 – Throw it back with funk headliners Morris Day & the Time when they come to the pavilion in the Woodlands, joined by fellow heavy-hitters in Rose Royce, Zapp Band, Confunkshun, Ohio Players and Atlantic Starr. $25 and up. 5pm.
- Summer Dean, with Ellen Story & Paige Lewis in Concert at Dan Electro’s | Saturday, May 27 | FREE – The Heights guitar bar hosts a trio of Texas Country singer-songwriters for a night of women-led music, featuring Summer Dean, the Ellen Story Trio, and Paige Lewis. 7pm to midnight.
- Ed Droste of Grizzly Bear DJ Set at El Segundo Swim Club | Sunday, May 28 – The poolside bar in Second Ward, El Segundo hosts Grizzly Bear founder Ed Droste for some brunch while he’s on the tables. $30. 11am.
- Jazzy Sundays: David Michael Wyatt & Micah Edwards at the Water Works | Sunday, May 28 | FREE – After three months of concerts at parks across Houston, the second-to-last Jazzy Sundays performance takes place on the lawn at the Water Works in Buffalo Bayou Park. The velvet voice of David Michael Wyatt and Texas soul sounds of Micah Edwards bring it home. 5pm to 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).