Celebrate the moms in your life at one of 20 delicious brunches across Houston for Mother’s Day, happening from Wednesday, May 10 through Mother’s Day itself, Sunday, May 14, 2023.
It’s not too late to secure your spots at some of Houston’s festive Mother’s Day brunches across the city.
From a Dia de las Madres opener on Wednesday to more than a dozen brunches and dinner menus on Sunday, there are plenty of chances to celebrate the mothers in your life with culinary delights.
2023 Mother’s Day Brunches in Greater Houston
- Dia de las Madres at Hugo’s | Wednesday, May 10 – Celebrating Mother’s Day in Mexico, Hugo Ortega’s flagship spot in Montrose serves up a three-course menu for dinner. $52 per person. 4pm to 9pm.
- Mother’s Day Books & Brunch Experience at Book Readers Venue | Saturday, May 13 – Head to Humble for this celebration of books and moms. Featuring spoken word artist Zen Ase, who will talk about life after divorce, a “book tasting,” book giveaways, mimosas and more, it’s a great way to honor mom and a love of reading. $75. 10am to noon.
- Bouquets & Brunch with Mom at Houston Botanic Garden | Saturday, May 13 – In South Houston, the scenic gardens of HBG are the site of a fresh-cut bouquet workshop where you’ll craft your own arrangement and enjoy a brunch of mimosas and pastries. $45. 10am to noon.
- Mother’s Day Tea at George Ranch Historical Park | Saturday, May 13 – Bring Mom along for a ’40s-style tea party at the Fort Bend historical park. Ms. Mamie George will guide you through fashion, etiquette and flowers while enjoying traditional tea and cakes. Registration required. $25; $15 for ages 4 to 12; free for ages 3 and under. Seating at 11am and 2:30pm.
- Moms & Mimosas at Waters Edge Winery | Saturday, May 13 – All ages are welcome at this cake decorating activity at the Richmond winery and bistro, complete with food and mimosa specials available for purchase. $60 per person. 1pm to 3pm.
- Mother’s Day Candle Making & Mimosa Bar at Love & Make DIY Workshop | Saturday, May 13 & Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 14 – Held at five different sessions over the weekend, this workshop in Rice Village will guide you through creating two custom soy-wax candles while you sip from the mimosa bar. $65 per person. Times vary.
Brunches on Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 14
- Mother’s Day Brunch at Dosey Doe Breakfast, BBQ & Whiskey Bar – The Woodlands haunt for live music opens their doors for an early Mother’s Day breakfast and brunch, with performers providing the tunes. Menu prices vary. 8am to 2pm.
- Mother’s Day Champagne Brunch at the 1880 Garten Verein – Held in one of Galveston’s most historic buildings, the 1880 Garten Verein, this festive brunch will feature a special gift, a Mother’s day corsage, live music, and more. $85; $95 with a homes tour. 10am to noon.
- Mother’s Day at Brennan’s Houston – The Midtown restaurant serving up hearty New Orleans–inspired fare breaks out brunch and dinner offerings, showcasing seafood delicacies and rich dessert plates. Menu prices vary. 10am to 2pm.
- Mother’s Day Brunch at Hugo’s – Take to modern Mexican fare at Chef Hugo Ortega’s flagship offering on Westheimer, where you can enjoy an expansive brunch buffet with live music from Viento. $55; $15 per child. 10am to 3pm.
- Mother’s Day Brunch at B&B Butcher Shop – On Washington Avenue, B&B’s serves up their annual brunch offering with live music, a balloon artist and photo ops, plus a complimentary mimosa or bellini for mom. Menu prices vary. 10am to 3pm.
- Mother’s Day Brunch at Rosalie Italian Soul – The Italian American restaurant in Downtown celebrates Mother’s Day with a slate of offerings like spring pea pizza, shrimp scampi and a delectable pavlova. Menu prices vary. 10am to 3pm.
- Mother’s Day Brunch at Backstreet Cafe – The leafy patio off Shepherd will have live jazz playing while you enjoy Mother’s Day offerings like shareable zucchini carrot muffins, the Backstreet Benedict, smoked chicken and potato hash, and more. $56; $15 per child. 10am to 3pm.
- Mother’s Day Brunch: Springtime in Paris at the Post Oak Hotel – The Uptown hotel rolls out a Rue Cler–inspired experience, providing a food journey through shop fronts with fish and sushi, cured meats, cheeses, an omelette station, house-made pastries and breads, and more. Plus kids can take to face painting, a balloon artist and a candy bar. $192; $81.60 for ages 5 to 12; free for ages 4 and under. 10am to 4pm.
- Mother’s Day at Brasserie du Parc – The French eatery in Downtown rolls out special Mother’s Day menus, beginning with brunch from 10am to 2pm and highlighted by courses like berries parfait and crab benedicts, followed by a dinner menu with foie gras sliders, beef bourguignon, crepe souffles and more. $60 for brunch; $70 for dinner. 10am to 9pm.
- The Ultimate Mother’s Day Brunch at Turner’s – Set to live piano music, the fine dining spot in Uptown will feature a delicious three-course menu crafted by Chef de Cuisine Jose Valencia, featuring a complimentary welcome beverage, fried chicken tartine, braised short rib, Valrhona chocolate cake and more. $250. Seating at 11am and 2pm.
- Mother’s Day Brunch at Bludorn – Chef Aaron Bludorn’s Fourth Ward stunner hosts a festive Mother’s Day brunch across three courses in the dining room, patio and bar. $85; $25 for ages 10 and under. 11am to 2:30pm.
- Mother’s Day at Etoile Cuisine et Bar – Treat mom to traditional French cuisine with dishes like pan-seared salmon, spring vegetable risotto and other delicious plates for brunch service. $74. 11am to 3pm.
- Mother’s Day Soul Food Sunday Brunch at Grooves of Houston – The Third Ward hotspot serves up a Sunday brunch for Mother’s Day with live entertainment and a delicious all-you-can-eat buffet. $39.99; $29.99 for ages 56+; $19.99 for ages 11 and under. 11am to 4pm.
- Mother’s Day at the Chef’s Table – In Vintage Park, the fine dining restaurant helmed by Chef Paul Friedman celebrates moms with a slate of menu items that feature tastes of South Africa and the broader African continent. Menu prices vary. 11am to 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).