Updated Tuesday, April 18, 2023 at 9:28pm
Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide from Monday, April 17 to Sunday, April 23, 2023.
Your favorite nightlife guide is back to cure your weekly FOMO. We’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening all week long around Houston, from Monday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide in Houston This Week: April 17 to 23, 2023
- Midtown Art in the Park at Baldwin Park | Friday & Saturday | FREE – Stop by Midtown Houston for back-to-back days of art celebration at this family-friendly event with local vendors, performers, and limited ArtJam activities where you’ll craft and take home Astros wreaths, a Mother’s Day piñata, and more. Friday 5pm to 10pm; Saturday 10am to 4pm.
- The Riot Comedy Club presents Ben Bailey at Rudyard’s Pub | Friday & Saturday – Known for his role on Cash Cab, the comedian comes to the Bayou City for two nights of live performances. $25 and up. 7pm and 9pm.
Monday, April 17, 2023
- Keshi in Concert at 713 Music Hall – Houston’s own singer-songwriter, record producer, and multi-instrumentalist Keshi is commanding the 713 stage with his brand of R&B and tunes from his 2022 release, Gabriel. $56.50 and up. 8pm.
- Twisted Pine: Big Top Bash at Big Top – The Mid-Main venue hosts this bluegrass four-piece that offers a contemporary take on the genre that twists with prog rock, jazz fusion and pop. $10 and up. 8pm.
Tuesday, April 18, 2023
- Jazz & Juleps at Bayou Bend Collection & Gardens – Take to the leafy gardens of Bayou Bend in River Oaks with mint julep in hand for a twilight stroll through the decorative grounds, while listening to the sounds of the Paul Chester Quartet. $35. 6pm to 8pm.
- Taylor Swift Trivia at Little Woodrow’s Shepherd | No Cover – Prepare yourself for the weekend concerts when Little Woodrow’s hosts a night of T.Swift-themed trivia with prizes on the line. 7pm.
- Grown Up Storytime at Continental Club – Head to Continental in Mid-Main for this month’s edition of local storytellers that offer true, funny, bizarre, and tear-jerking tales. $8. 8pm.
- From Aretha to Beyoncé: Queens of Soul at Post Houston – Head to Post in Downtown for a lesson that spans soul greats from Aretha to Beyoncé and everyone in between, at a powerful celebration of women in soul. $45 and up. 8pm to 9:30pm.
- Bellydancing: Labyrinth at AvantGarden – The eclectic Montrose mainstay hosts a night of bellydancing, featuring Devin Alfather, April Rose and Kimberly Larkspur. $15. 8:30pm.
Wednesday, April 19, 2023
- Cajun Crawfish Boil at Brennan’s of Houston – Score tickets to Brennnan’s annual Cajun Crawfish Boil in the Courtyard, featuring all-you-can-eat mudbugs, plus fixin’s, beverages, and Creole bread pudding. $60 and up. 5pm to 7pm.
- Superheroes Themed Trivia Night at Wakefield Crowbar – Test your knowledge of Batman, Superman, the X-Men, and more at the Garden Oaks watering hole. 6:30pm.
- Cannabis Cabaret at Rise Rooftop – Nikki Knockout, Goulia Child, Emma D’lemma and a cast of cabaret performers put on a burlesque show at the Rooftop to open the 4/20 festivities. Vendors will also be popped up for some pre-show goodies. $20 and up. 7pm to 11:30pm.
- Storytime with Greg Audel at MATCH – Spend an evening with award-winning storyteller Greg Audel as he tells of the unique hobby he chose at 12-years old, which was quite simply to visit with every celebrity and world leader who intrigued him. $30 and up. 7:30pm.
- Comedian Kate Willett at the Secret Group – A comedy festival veteran who’s appeared on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert and Netflix’s Comedy Lineup, Kate Willett brings her raunchy feminist take to the Secret Group stage in East Downtown. $15 and up. 8pm.
Thursday, April 20, 2023
- 4/20 Concerts, Markets & Other Events in Houston – Celebrate the annual cannabis culture holiday with more 4/20 celebrations, concerts and other events around Houston for Thursday, April 20, 2023.
- 420 at Post Houston | FREE – The Downtown destination hosts a supersized hemp market featuring more than 80 vendors doling out hemp, smoking accessories, clothing, vintage, art and more, all while you listen to a slate of DJs spinning grooves all evening. 3pm to 9pm.
- HoneySuckle’s 420 Flower Hour at Railway Heights Market – The CBD and Delta-8 specialty shop at Railway Heights Market hosts a holiday event in the outdoor beer garden, emceed by Richelle Gemini and featuring local comedians, DJ Boricua Soul on the decks and a paint session. Sip on specialty canna cocktails while you shop from more than 20 vendors offering sweets, jewelry, apparel, happy goodies and more. 21+ only. $20; $50 for VIP. 4:20pm to 9pm.
- 420 Party & Distillery Anniversary at 8th Wonder Distillery & Cannabis | No Cover – Celebrate the 5th anniversary of 8th Wonder’s Distillery with a 420 bash featuring special Delta-8 cocktails, discounted Wonder Waters, live music from Blossom Aloe with Telecina, and delicious barbeque and hot dogs. 4:20pm to 11pm.
- Up In Smoke & Girls on Decks at Bauhaus – The EDM club in Downtown gets rolling with back-to-back DJs and a headline set from Emskiii, followed by a night of female DJs and artists from the House and Techno scene. Free before 10pm; $10 and up after. 6pm to 2am.
- The Riot Comedy Club presents Mike Eshaq at Rudyard’s – Pulling from his unique perspective as a former U.S. marine and a muslim who can’t stop eating bacon, funnyman Mike Eshaq takes to the stage for 2 shows upstairs at Rudyard’s in the heart of Montrose. $15 and up. 7pm and 9pm.
- Fuego: Playing with Fire at Social Beer Garden | FREE – The Midtown beer garden celebrates the special holiday with dispensary Sol y Luna. Expect live music and entertainment, more than 20 vendors, plus food, beer, infused craft cocktails and a smoke lounge. 7pm to 10pm.
- Giggly Squad Live at Cullen Performance Hall – Comedians Hannah Berner and Paige DeSorbo bring their hilarious pop culture podcast to the University of Houston stage for one night only. $35 and up. 7:30pm.
- Comedian Sam Tallent at the Secret Group – Winner of Comedy Central’s Roast Battle and author of Running the Light, the comic comes to EaDo, building on his comedy special, Waiting For Death to Claim Us. $15 and up. 8pm.
- Ha*Ash at Smart Financial Centre – The Latin sister popstar duo is stopping in Sugar Land on the Mi Salida Contigo tour, celebrating their chart-topping sixth release, HAASHTAG. $49.95 and up. 8pm.
- VOLK, with Kenny the Spider in Concert at Dan Electro’s | No Cover – The Nashville indie rock duo known for blurring the lines of genres teams up with Kenny the Spider for a night at the guitar bar in the Heights. 8pm to 11pm.
- Taylor Fest at Rise Rooftop – Prepare yourself for a weekend of Tay Tay when Swifties by Swifties hosts a pre-party for the incoming Eras Tour. $20. 9pm.
Friday, April 21, 2023
- Sip & Stroll at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center – Guests at this sunset event can sample two glasses of wine or St. Arnold’s beers while enjoying light bites in a beautiful setting. $45 per person. 5:30pm to 7:30pm.
- The Art of Fufu at Central Market Cooking School – This celebration of West African food and culture allows you to learn about the region’s staple, fufu. You’ll sample its flavors and paint a canvas in an evening of food and fun. $85 per person. 6:30pm to 9pm.
- Candlelight Concerts: A Tribute to Juan Gabriel at the Astorian – The Downtown venue hosts a five-piece band led by Evelyn Rubio, performing many of the Mexican singer-songwriter’s timeless hits like “Amor Eterno” and “Querida.” $35 and up. 6:30pm and 9pm.
- Comedian Chelcie Lynn at Bayou Music Center – The comedian known for Trailer Trash Tammy and her viral TikToks comes to Houston. $39 and up. 7:30pm.
- The Derailers, with the Broken Spokes in Concert at Dan Electro’s | No Cover – The Heights guitar bar welcomes Texas county music outfits the Derailers and the Broken Spokes for a two-part concert in the laid-back digs of Dan Electro’s. 7:30pm.
- Monica’s Bidi Bidi Tribute Concert at Warehouse Live | FREE – Experience the iconic hits of Selena when Monica’s Bidi Bidi Tribute brings her acclaimed homage to the Queen of Tejano to East Downtown. Free with RSVP; VIP options available. 7:30pm.
- Shimza DJ Set at Bauhaus – One of South Africa’s leading house music producers performs live at the Downtown EDM venue. $15 and up. 10pm.
- Perralicious: 4/20 Edition at Henke & Pillot – Near Market Square Park, this nightlife destination hosts a night of R&B and reggaeton from DJ Rosez and DJ Savage, along with 4/20-themed photo ops, a friendly ambiance and a visual installation by trilla. $5. 10pm to 2am.
Saturday, April 22, 2023
- 2023 Houston Oyster Festival at the Water Works in Buffalo Bayou Park – The Galveston Bay Foundation hosts this annual event, featuring more than 15 Houston restaurants, each offering up dishes where the oyster is the star. There’s also music, cocktails, exhibits and more. $35 and up. 11:30am to 2:30pm.
- Katy Taste Fest at Typhoon Texas – More than 20 Katy restaurants will showcase their offerings in this foodie event that includes bites, sips, a kids’ zone and more. $34 and up. Noon to 3pm.
- YCF Crawfish Boil at Float Pool & Patio – Head to Galveston for a tasty crawfish spread that helps support children in need. $30 for VIP tickets; other pricing options available. Noon to 5pm.
- Lucille’s Prince Week at the Eldorado Ballroom | Some FREE – The Southern dining destination Lucille’s returns with this 7th annual event, held at a special location with the reopening of the historic Eldorado Ballroom in Third Ward. From 1pm to 6pm, shop a community market while celebrating the iconic Prince with special cocktails, local food trucks and more (no tickets required). Then, from 8pm to midnight, take in a tribute concert of Prince hits and an afterparty with DJ Flash Gordon Parks in the legendary ballroom. Free for the day market and celebration; $35 and up for the after-party. 1pm to midnight.
- Midtown Wine Fest at Midtown Park – Grab tickets for one of two sessions of the Midtown Wine Fest to sip through a lineup of 40+ wines alongside live music and eats from local chefs. $45. 1:30pm to 4:30pm; 5:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Pub Crawl in East Downtown | No Cover –St. Arnold Brewing Company hosts this event, featuring stops at the Truck Yard, Rodeo Goat and more. Make your way to the final stop, Pitch 25, for prizes and takehome giveaways. 2pm to 6pm.
- 420 Mayhem Market at Ingenious Brewing Company | No Cover – More than 40 vendors take over the Humble brewery space for an all-day celebration that also features 420-themed crafts, live music, munchies and raffle drawings. 2pm to 8pm.
- Galveston ArtWalk on Market Street | FREE – Stroll downtown Galveston’s art galleries, studios, and local businesses as they open their doors for this evening of creativity showcases. 6pm to 9pm.
- Shrek Rave at House of Blues – Find the Donkey in your life and venture to Downtown for a beyond-cool night of costumed fun, live DJs and a celebration of a beloved swamp ogre. $23 and up. 9pm.
Sunday, April 23, 2023
- Houston LatinFest at Crown Festival Park – Moving from its usual location in Downtown to Sugar Land, this annual music and culture festival is a family-friendly gathering with live Latin music along with local vendors and delicious Latin foods. $12 and up; free for ages 12 and under. 1pm to 10pm.
- Sunday Funday Backyard Matinee: Beetle at Continental Club – The backyard in Mid-Main welcomes on of the city’s premier tribute bands to the Beatles for an afternoon show perfect for all ages. $10. 2pm to 6pm.
- Cristina Amaro: Queen of Tejano Tribute at Houston Botanic Garden – Cristina Amaro brings the hits of Selena Quintanilla to the leafy grounds of HBG. $15. 4pm to 6pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).