Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide from Monday, March 20 to Sunday, March 26, 2023.
Your favorite nightlife guide is back to cure your weekly FOMO. We’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening all week long around Houston, from Monday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide in Houston This Week: March 20 to 26, 2023
- The Riot Comedy Festival at Rudyard’s British Pub | Thursday, March 23 to Sunday, March 26 – More than 60 performers descend on the Montrose pub for a weekend of comedy across three stages, plus a street carnival, beer and cocktails, and tasty eats. Headlining talent includes Billy D. Washington, Gianmarco Soresi, Lara Beitz, Steph Tolev, Cipha Sounds, and Joe Machi—not to mention a slate of Houston’s funniest comics, podcasters, and more. Individual shows start at $25; $160 for all-access, early bird discounts available. Times vary.
- Comedian Michael Blackson at Houston Improv | Thursday, March 23 to Sunday, March 26 – The African King of Comedy is holding court at the Houston Improv, performing six times in the span of four days. Tickets are sold by the table; $110 for 2, and up. Times vary.
- Tomball German Heritage Festival in Old Town Tomball | Friday, March 24 to Sunday, March 26 | FREE – Tomball’s annual German Fest fills the streets with more than 200 vendors rocking antiques, arts and crafts, and more; plus cultural music, street performances, a Heritage Center, and tasty German fare, festival eats, and beer and wine. The weekend-long event is family-friendly and free to attend, with free parking and a shuttle service on Saturday and Sunday as well. Times vary.
Monday, March 20, 2023
- Jazz/Live Jam at AvantGarden | No Cover – Open to all jazz musicians and anyone who wants to hear some improvisational jams, the eclectic Montrose spot hosts this night of music for all. 7pm.
- Comedy Bath House: LGBTQ+ Comedy Showcase at the Secret Group – Head to the Secret Group for a Monday funday because Bob Morrissey, Drew Hollway, and Jamal Rahal are bringing the most hilarious LGBTQIA+ comedians to the stage. $5. 8pm.
Tuesday, March 21, 2023
- Taco & Vinyl Tuesday at Trez Bistro & Wine Bar | No Cover – Deejay BigReeks is at it again and will be spinning up a vinyl storm while you enjoy the tunes and tacos. 6pm to 9pm.
Wednesday, March 22, 2023
- Disney Trivia Night at Wakefield Crowbar | No Cover – Flex the Disney part of your brain and head to Wakefield Crowbar in Garden Oaks for multiple rounds of trivia and oodles of drink specials. 6:30pm.
- Top Gun Trivia at McIntyre’s Heights | No Cover – Grab the Goose to your Maverick and cruise to McIntyre’s Heights for a night of Top Gun trivia covering both films, get yourself a drink and maybe even a prize. 7pm.
- Comedian Theo Von at Bayou Music Center – The mullet from Louisiana is coming through Downtown to sling some jokes in his signature southern drawl. $48. 8pm.
Thursday, March 23, 2023
- Kathrine G. McGovern College of the Arts 2023 Gala at the Astorian – Celebrate the arts and the many milestones of the UH College of the Arts with a seated dinner, a presentation of honorees and distinguished alumni, plus performances and exhibitions. $350 and up. 6pm to 9pm.
- Bingo on the Lawn at Redemption Square – Grab a blanket, the family and some friends to enjoy a lovely spring evening in Northwest Houston with a few friendly rounds of outdoor bingo. Bingo packets are $10 for adults; $5 for kids. 7pm.
- Gemini in Concert at Last Concert Café – The South Korean rapper makes an appearance near Downtown on his limited North American tour this spring. $35 and up. 7pm.
- Trivia Night: Geeks Who Drink at City Orchard | No Cover – If you’re a geek who also likes to drink, pay close attention—City Orchard in Downtown is hosting a particularly geeky night of trivia so grab that thinking cap. 7pm.
- Yeat in Concert at 713 Music Hall – Slayworld’s hottest mumble trap rapper, the mononymous Yeat, is bringing the Flawless vibes to the party when he stops in Houston to support 2023’s AfterLyfe. $39 and up. 8pm.
- I Am King: the Michael Jackson Experience at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE – The centennial season of Miller Outdoor Theatre’s programming is kicking off in a larger-than-life way with the King of Pop, featuring a real-life concert and dance experience replete with the music, moves, and style created by Michael Jackson. This performance features amazing renditions of Jackson’s biggest hits including “Bad,” “Billie Jean,” “Thriller,” “Man in the Mirror,” “Human Nature” and more. 8pm.
Friday, March 24, 2023
- Business & Brews Networking at Bad Astronaut Brewing Company | No Cover – The Northside taproom and brewery hosts this networking event with around 150 professionals looking to connect with one another as they sip on tasty brews. 3pm to 5pm.
- Art Car Kickoff Party & Artist Packet Pick-Up at the Ion | No Cover – The annual Art Car Parade party offers a first look at dozens of participating art cars along with live music, bites and beverages, plus tours of the new Ion building. 5pm to 8pm.
- Bingo Night with Eureka Heights Brewing at Houston Botanic Garden – The South Houston gardens offers a spring night of family fun with botanic bingo featuring garden-themed prizes and hosted by Eureka Heights Brewing. $35. 5:30pm to 7:30pm.
- Red Velvet Burlesque Show at Henke & Pillot – Catch a theatrical night of exotic burlesque and cabaret performances in the heart of Downtown Houston. $35 and up. 6pm.
- AIGA presents Cocktails with Creatives at Axelrad Beer Garden | No Cover – Find other creative professionals in the neon garden at AIGA’s monthly networking event at Axelrad. 6pm to 8pm.
- A Spanish Night to Remember at MATCH – This special gala and night of performances celebrates Spanish culture with flamenco performances and music, plus a paella dinner reception beforehand. Proceeds help support the redM organization, which works to fight human and sex trafficking. $65 for the performance; $120 for the gala reception and performances; $150 VIP. 7pm.
- Drunk Shakespeare at the Emerald Theatre – Five professional actors assemble on stage to perform one of the great plays of Shakespeare with a catch—one actor downs five shots of whiskey prior to the performance and the other actors strive to keep the script on track. $39 and up. 7pm and 9pm.
- LetsDoThisHouston’s Nipsey Hussle Night Light Bike Ride at 3rd Ward Tours – Honor the late great King Airmiess, a.k.a. Nipsey Hussle, and listen to his music while on a socially paced bike ride through Houston sights. $9.20 and up; bike rentals available. 7pm to 9:30pm.
- Therapy Gecko Live at the Secret Group – The unlikely internet sensation of Reddit, YouTube, and Twitch fame, Lyle Forever is hitting the Secret Group, clad in his green gecko suit to talk with audience members about hopes, dreams, worries, and anything at all in East Downtown. $28 and up. 8pm.
- Nothing Matters Emo Indie Punk Dance Party at the Secret Group – DJ Robocops is in the booth at the Secret Group and he’s playing all the best emo, indie and punk hits where nothing else matters but dancing. $20; free before 10pm (21+). 9pm to 2am.
- Wuki DJ Set at Stereo Live – The American DJ brings The Edge Tour to the West Houston venue for all things EDM. $5. 10pm to 2am.
- Dvbbs DJ Set at Rise Rooftop – The Midtown rooftop venue plays host to the Canadian DJ duo for a night of House tunes and dancing. $15 and up. 10pm to 2am.
Saturday, March 25, 2023
- Rodeo Day at Walking Stick Brewing Co. | No Cover – Close out Rodeo season with a full day of ‘que from Smok’d It Up BBQ, plus live music throughout the afternoon. 11am to 8pm.
- 5th Birthday Party at Ingenious Brewing Company | No Cover – The innovative Humble brewery celebrates its big fifth birthday with a day of special beer releases, food and sweets. Noon to 10pm.
- Clean Mud For Bugs at Karbach Brewing Co. – Shuck crawfish at this fundraiser from Texas Health and Environment Alliance, which works to protect public health from toxic waste in Harris County. $40 and up; $12 add-on per pound of crawfish; $15 for kids. 1pm to 4pm.
- 4th Annual Crawfish Cook-Off at Cactus Cove – Pay homage to the mudbug and celebrate their sacrifice at the Timbergrove bar and grill at its fourth annual cook-off, complete with cold beer, games and live music. Dogs and kiddos are welcome at this afternoon crawfish bash. $35. 1pm to 5pm.
- Libation Creation Festival 2023 at B-52 Brewing | No Cover – The Conroe brewery hosts a day of demonstrations and workshops to help you level up your libations game. Check out a winemakers masterclass, take a brewery tour, learn how mead is made and enjoy live music, an artisan market, food trucks and more. 1pm to 8pm.
- Spring Food Fest at Social Beer Garden | No Cover – The Midtown beer garden sprawls out onto the patio with multiple food vendors and more than 100 beers to choose from, along with March Madness on the 20-footer. 3pm to 6pm.
- Texas All-Star Wrestling presents No Limits at Southern Star Brewery – The Conroe brewery hosts an evening slam-a-thon featuring wrestlers like Beau Amir, a 7-foot giant. $15 and up. 7pm.
- Bad Bunny Night at Rise Rooftop – Turn up for el rey de reggaeton when Rise Rooftop hosts Bad Bunny Night. $25; first 200 tickets are free. 9pm.
Sunday, March 26, 2023
- LetsDoThisHouston’s Girl Boss Suites Bike & Brunch at 3rd Ward Tours – Businesswomen unite for a fun afternoon of biking, brunching, and networking. $20. 12:30pm to 3:30pm.
- The Brunch! Spring Mixer & Market at Pitch 25 | FREE – Welcome in spring with this pet and family-friendly small business market in East Downtown, which will also feature live performances, free yoga on the field to kick it off, and more. 1pm to 6pm.
- Kream DJ Set at Clé Day & Night – The duo of EDM DJ producers, Kream, are in the booth at Clé for a Sunday afternoon. $20. 2pm.
- Jazzy Sundays: Lenora, with Jeremy Joseph at Emancipation Park | FREE – The Jazzy Sundays series wraps up at Emancipation Park before it heads over to Discovery Green next month. Houston singer-songwriter Lenora brings her “rhythm and groove” to the Third Ward stage, supported by the soulful sounds of Jeremy Joseph. 5pm to 7pm.
- North Star Boys in Concert at House of Blues – Garnering more than 5 million fans on TikTok, the Asian American pop band stops by Houston as part of their 28-city tour. $20. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).