Make the most of your week with our top festivals, events, and things to do this week in Houston from Monday, March 20 to Sunday, March 26, 2023.
We’ve whittled down all the happenings in H-Town to our 15 picks for the week, but you can always check out the extended calendar for more things to do in Houston.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, March 20 to Sunday, March 26, 2023.
Top 15 Festivals, Events & Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Performing Arts Houston presents Our Planet: Live in Concert at Jones Hall | Wednesday, March 22 – The breathtaking Netflix documentary gets an entirely new treatment, accompanied by a live orchestra in an event that showcases the beauty and wonder of our natural world. A portion of each ticket sale will be donated to the World Wildlife Fund. $29 and up. 7:30pm.
- Comedian Theo Von at Bayou Music Center | Wednesday, March 22 – The comedian and podcast host that slings jokes with a Southern drawl heads to Downtown for a big night of comedy. $48 and up. 8pm.
- Yeat in Concert at 713 Music Hall | Thursday, March 23 – Slayworld’s hottest mumble trap rapper, the mononymous Yeat, is bringing the Flawless vibes to the party when he stops in Houston to support 2023’s AfterLyfe. $39 and up. 8pm.
- The Riot Comedy Festival at Rudyard’s Pub | Thursday, March 23 to Sunday, March 26 – More than 60 performers descend on the Montrose pub for a weekend of comedy across three stages, plus a street carnival, beer and cocktails, and tasty eats. Headlining talent includes Billy D. Washington, Gianmarco Soresi, Lara Beitz, Steph Tolev, Cipha Sounds, and Joe Machi—not to mention a slate of Houston’s funniest comics, podcasters, and more. Individual shows start at $25; $160 for all-access, early bird discounts available. Times vary.
- Performing Arts Houston presents STOMP at Jones Hall | Thursday, March 23 to Sunday, March 26 –Unrelenting energy is the hallmark of this wildly popular percussion ensemble, making a stop in Houston to delight audiences with their precision playing, imaginative presentation and sheer joy of performing. $39 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Art Car Kickoff Party & Artist Packet Pick-Up at the Ion | Friday, March 24 | No Cover – The annual Art Car Parade party offers a first look at dozens of participating art cars along with live music, bites and beverages, plus tours of the new Ion building. 5pm to 8pm.
- Homenaje a la Mujer: A Tribute to Alice Valdez at MECA TBH Center | Friday, March 24 – A female-led cast of Mariachi MECA alumni and MECA Ballet Folklórico dancers present a wonderful tribute to Executive Director and Founder Alice Valdez, who has worked tirelessly to help the marginalized and underrepresented youth for more than forty years. $20. 7:30pm.
- Therapy Gecko Live at the Secret Group | Friday, March 24 – Emerging from the world of Reddit and YouTube, internet sensation Lyle Forever hits the Secret Group stage in a signature gecko suit to talk with fans willing to share their hopes, dreams and life lessons in a one-of-a-kind set in East Downtown. $28 and up. 8pm.
- Bayou City Art Festival at Memorial Park | Friday, March 24 to Sunday, March 26 – Houston’s iconic art festival returns this spring with artwork from more than 300 artists across 19 different categories, all on display for festival goers to oooh and aaah at. The weekend festival will also showcase two entertainment stages, a food truck park, and beverage stations throughout Memorial Park, plus you can get a look at the Park’s latest addition with the brand new land bridge across Memorial Drive. $18; $5 for ages 6 to 12; free for ages 5 and under. 10am to 6pm.
- Tomball German Heritage Festival in Old Town Tomball | Friday, March 24 to Sunday, March 26 | FREE – Tomball’s annual German Fest fills the streets with more than 200 vendors rocking antiques, arts and crafts, and more; plus cultural music, street performances, a Heritage Center, and tasty German fare, festival eats, and beer and wine. The weekend-long event is family-friendly and free to attend, with free parking and a shuttle service on Saturday and Sunday as well. Times vary.
- Thorn & Moon’s Spring Equinox Festival at St. Arnold’s Brewing | Saturday, March 25 | FREE – Celebrate the springtime with dozens of local vendors doling out goods and wares in the strange and occult, along with tarot readings and delicious food and brews from St. Arnold’s. 6pm to 11pm.
- The Killers in Concert at Toyota Center | Saturday, March 25 – The time has finally come. After almost a year since the original date was rescheduled, the Vegas rock band are hitting the stage at the Toyota Center and bringing a whole catalog of danceable tunes with them. $25 and up. 7:30pm.
- Katy Home & Garden Show at the Katy ISD Ag Center | Saturday, March 25 & Sunday, March 26 – The Katy Home & Garden Show is back this month with everything you need for your home improvement plans under one roof. From windows, doors and flooring to landscaping, pools and outdoor living spaces, West Houston’s largest home and garden show has it all. $9; free for ages 12 and under. Times vary.
- Annual Kite Festival at Hermann Park | Sunday, March 26 | FREE – One of Hermann Park’s signature events of the year, the Kite Festival at the Hermann hill offers a day of kite flying and fun, with other activities like live music, DJs, interactive games, face painting and more. 10am to 3pm.
- Houston Dash vs. Racing Louisville at Shell Energy Stadium | Sunday, March 26 – The Dash return for the season opener of the 2023 NWSL season, bolstered by the returns of Sophie Schmidt, Ebony Salmon and Jane Campbell alongside new signings in forward Diana Ordóñez and defender Courtney Peterson. $10 and up. 6pm.
Many More Things to Do in Houston
- Top Concerts & Live Shows This Week – Check out our top picks for local and touring musicians, stars, and personalities hitting the stage in H-Town this week.
- Top Games & Sports Events This Week – Scope out professional and select college sports games, touring athletic competitions, local fitness and participatory events, and more.
- Top Things to Do For Kids & Families This Week – Zero in on the best option for families and the junior set around Greater Houston.
- Current Temporary Museum Exhibits & Art Installations in Greater Houston – Explore the newest installations and exhibits on short term display at museums and locations around Houston, with a focus on art, history, and science.
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more live entertainment, events, pop-ups, markets, and other options around Houston.
Save on Houston Museum & Brewery Passes
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).