Experience the excitement of the Final Four weekend at NCAA Men’s Final Four events in Houston from Friday, March 31 to Monday, April 3, 2023.
The annual college basketball tournament known as March Madness offers three weeks of treacherous paths through a national bracket, culminating in an epic Final Four weekend that’s being held in Houston for the 2023 NCAA Championship.
You can still snag tickets to the Final Four Semifinals and Championship game at NRG Stadium, but there is plenty more Final Four festivities to be had in the days leading up to the big event.
Scroll below to find info on ticketed and free, open to the public Final Four events taking place in Houston, including a star-studded music festival, the weekend-long Fan Fest, and more.
2023 NCAA Men’s Final Four Events in Houston
- 2023 Houston Hoops House Championships at Bayou Music Center | Wednesday, March 29 to Friday, March 31 – The annual, nationally-televised event comes to Houston with three days of competitions; the State Farm College Team Skills & 3x3U Championships on Wednesday, the State Farm College Slam Dunk & 3-Point Championships on Thursday, and the Rocket Mortgage High School Slam Dunk & 3-Point Championships on Friday. Tickets for each night range from $20 to $38.25, but you can save 25% on tickets when you use promo code 365HOU before selecting your seats. Wednesday & Thursday 6:30pm; Friday 7pm.
- Reese’s Men’s Final Four Friday at NRG Stadium | Friday, March 31 | FREE – Just before the Final Four tips off, fans can enjoy a free public event that includes interactive activities and entertainment, open team practices for competing teams, plus the Reese’s NABC All-Star Game that features top senior student-athletes from around the country. 10am to 5pm.
- Gameday Fan Fun with ESPN at J Bar M Barbecue & Beer Garden | Friday, March 31 | No Cover – Join ESPN 97.5 as it broadcasts live—including The Paul Gallant Show, The Killer Bs, and The Wheelhouse—from EaDo’s barbecue hotspot and beer garden. Expect tasty game day bites, world class BBQ, Don Cosmé frozen margaritas, 8th Wonder’s new Cougar Paw beer, and all day happy hour specials. 10am to 7pm.
- March Madness Music Festival at Discovery Green | Friday, March 31 to Sunday, April 2 | FREE with Registration – One of the main events throughout Final Four weekend, the March Madness concert series brings heavy-hitting headliners to Discovery Green, including Houston’s own Megan Thee Stallion at Friday’s AT&T Block Party; Lil Nas X and Maggie Rogers on Saturday; and a stacked Sunday country lineup with Tim McGraw, Keith Urban, Little Big Town and Mickey Guyton. Free, but you must register for tickets. Times vary.
- Men’s Final Four Fan Fest at George R. Brown Convention Center | Friday, March 31 to Monday, April 3 – The four-day Fan Fest in Downtown offers a weekend of skill tests for fans of all ages, plus a chance to see thrilling championship highlights, snag autographs from former NCAA players, professional athletes and coaches, win prizes and more. Advance tickets are $8; free for ages 12 and under, Capital One cardholders, and Final Four ticketholders. Times vary.
- Men’s Final Four Tip-Off Tailgate at NRG Park | Friday, March 31; Saturday, April 1 & Monday, April 3 – Held in the area around NRG Stadium, the pre-game tailgate offers fans a chance to enjoy team pep rallies, musical performances, basketball-themed games, plus food and drink. Free on Friday; open to Final Four ticketholders prior to games on Saturday and Monday. Times vary.
- Final Four 4-Miler at Houston City Hall | Saturday, April 1 – Kicking off the Semifinals gameday, this 4-mile run starts from Houston City Hall and heads down Allen Parkway and back. All participants will receive a t-shirt and finisher’s medal, as well as free entry to the Final Four Fan Fest. $40 for all-ages. Check-in at 7am; race at 8:30am.
- Men’s Final Four Semifinals Games 1 & 2 at NRG Stadium | Saturday, April 1 – The first of two game days arrives at NRG Stadium, offering ticketholders a chance to catch both Final Four Semifinals ahead of Monday’s Championship game. Advance tickets are sold out; tickets as part of a hospitality package are $495.25 and up. Limited tickets will be made available for fans of competing teams when Semifinals are set. Resale tickets start at $225, but you may find better, cheaper or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Game times TBA.
- Men’s Final Four Dribble at Houston City Hall | Sunday, April 2 | FREE with Registration – Thousands of dribblers aged 18 and under take to the streets of Downtown for a one-mile dribble course that takes them and their guardian from Houston City Hall to the Final Four Fan Fest at George R. Brown. Participants will get a Final Four–themed basketball, a t-shirt, and free entry into the Fan Fest. Free with registration, limited on-site registration available beginning at 11am. Dribble begins at 1pm.
- Men’s Final Four Championship Game at NRG Stadium | Monday, April 3 – March Madness comes to a close in Houston as the two surviving teams face off at center court with the NCAA Championship on the line. Advance tickets are sold out; tickets as part of a hospitality package are $355 and up. Limited tickets will be made available for fans of competing teams when Finals are set. Resale tickets start at $194, but you may find better, cheaper or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Game time TBA.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).