Travel back in time at the launch of an eight-month celebration of Miller’s 100 years of always-free entertainment, kicking off with a two-night Opening Weekend on Friday, March 17 and Saturday, March 18, 2023.
Since 1923, Miller Outdoor Theatre in Hermann Park has delighted generations of Houstonians with the best in performing arts entertainment—always presented entirely free of charge.
Celebrate Miller 100 Parties
As theater enters its 100th year, Miller is throwing out all the stops to celebrate its past, present, and future with four live Celebrate Miller 100 experiential events throughout the season.
The first experiential event will transport guests back to the Roaring ’20s, with costumed performers, live mural paintings, outstanding photo opportunities and a concert by the lively and spirited classic jazz ensemble, the Hot Sardines. The event kicks off two hours prior to the concert and costumes are highly encouraged.
Upcoming Celebrate Miller 100 experiential events include a larger-than-life birthday party in May, a celebration of all-things-theater in July, and a steampunk take on the future in November.
Miller Outdoor Theatre Shows in March 2023
Miller Outdoor Theatre’s 100th Season Opening Weekend
- Opening Night: Trinity Irish Dance Company | St. Patrick’s Day, Friday, March 17, 2023 | FREE – The highly energetic and progressive Trinity Irish Dance Company kicks off Miller’s 100th year with a St. Patrick’s Day performance filled with passion, flair, and precision. 8pm.
- Celebrate Miller 100: Roaring ’20s Style | Saturday, March 18, 2023 | FREE – Guests of all ages can travel back 100 years at an interactive experience that evokes 1923, the year Miller first debuted. Expect costumed Vaudeville performers, epic photo installations, live mural paintings, and more happening around the theater leading up to the evenings headlining concert by the Hot Sardines. Roaring 1920s costumes are highly encouraged. 6pm.
- The Hot Sardines Special 100th Anniversary Celebration | Saturday, March 18, 2023 | FREE – Seemingly blending 20th century jazz and style with modern heart and soul, the crowd-pleasing Hot Sardines are perfectly suited to headline the opening weekend of Miller’s Centennial season. The ensemble regularly sells out its shows at beloved venues in NYC, Chicago, London, and more. The show immediately follows the Roaring ’20s Style experience. 8pm.
100th Season: March 24 & 25, 2023
- I Am King: The Michael Jackson Experience | Friday, March 24, 2023 | FREE – Dubbed the closest “as you will get to seeing the King of Pop in person,” I Am King brings a cast of talented musicians and Broadway and Las Vegas dancers to bring Michael Jackson to life in an explosion of unmatched energetic perfection. 8pm.
- The Houston Latin American Philharmonic presents Romance | Saturday, March 25, 2023 | FREE – Led by maestro Glenn Garrido, the Houston Latin American Philharmonic Orchestra presents a live concert full of romantic Latin American music and dance. Expect an evening filled with tango, danzón, ranchera, cha-cha, Bachata, Bolero, and more. 8pm.
100th Season: March 31 & April 1, 2023
- Silambam presents Waking Up Free: India’s Journey | Friday, March 31, 2023 | FREE – As India celebrates its 75th year of national independence, Silambam presents a performance that tells the stories of India’s struggle for independence, weaving together classical Indian music and classical Indian dance. 8pm.
- DrumLine Live | Saturday, April 1, 2023 | FREE – Produced by the musical team behind the hit movies, Drumline and Drumline: A New Beat, brings the soulful, high-stepping style of the Historically Black College and University (HBCU) marching band experience to the stage—complete with riveting rhythms, bold beats, and ear-grabbing energy. 8pm.
Finding Your Seat at Miller Outdoor Theatre
There are two types of seating at Miller Outdoor Theatre: covered seating and hillside seating. Both are free, but covered seating does require an assigned ticket.
You can get your tickets online one day prior to the performance date, beginning at 10am, until noon on the day of the performance.
This article has been sponsored by the event organizer. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Advertising revenue helps support 365 Things to Do in Houston, and our contributors, allowing us to expand our coverage of activities and events around the Houston area. Learn more about promoting your event or business.