Updated Monday, March 6, 2023 at 1:38pm
Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide from Monday, March 6 to Sunday, March 12, 2023.
Your favorite nightlife guide is back to cure your weekly FOMO. We’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening all week long around Houston, from Monday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide in Houston This Week: March 6 to 12, 2023
- 2023 Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo at NRG Park | Daily | Ongoing – The Rodeo fun rolls on with another week of carnival fun, festival eats, livestock and petting zoos, a vendor marketplace, and a nightly main event of bronco bustin’ and headlining concerts. This week’s concert highlights include New Kids on the Block on Tuesday, the Chainsmokers on Friday, Turnpike Troubadours on Saturday and La Fiera de Ojinaga on Go Tejano Day. NRG Park admission is $20 for ages 13 and up; $10 for ages 3 to 12; free for ages 2 and under. Carnival rides, rodeo and concert admission is an additional cost. 10am to midnight; rodeo and concert performances begin at 6:45pm; 3:45pm on weekends.
- Just Trippin’ Car Show at Southern Star Brewery | Friday, March 10 & Saturday, March 11 | FREE – Head to the Conroe brewery this weekend to grab a drink and marvel at hot rods, choppers and vintage cars. $20 to enter your car; free to spectate. 4pm to 10pm.
- The Riot Comedy Club presents Monroe Martin at Rudyard’s Pub | Friday & Saturday – The Philly comic has been seen on Last Comic Standing and spots on Comedy Central, as well as Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. Now, he’ll be heading upstairs at the Montrose pub for back-to-back nights of new material. $17 and up. Times vary.
- Comedian Tony Roberts at Houston Improv | Friday, March 10 to Sunday, March 12 – The actor, TV star, and gut-busting comedian with a gold microphone on his chain is heading to Spring Branch to grace the stage at the Houston Improv for five sets over three days. $44 for 2, and up. Times vary.
Monday, March 6, 2023
- The Truffle Masters at The Revaire – Get those tastebuds ready because DR Delicacy is hosting an event like no other. Truffle Masters is inviting Houston’s top chefs and eateries to show up and show out against each other with their best truffle dishes to raise money for the Houston Symphony. $295; VIP available, with early entry at 6pm. 7pm to 10pm.
- Cro-Mags in Concert at The End – The legendary hardcore punk thrash band, Cro-Mags are hitting up Houston’s very own hardcore spot in East End and they’re rumored to be bringing some new tunes along with them. $20 and up. 8pm.
Tuesday, March 7, 2023
- Lotería Night at Tequila Lopez Mexican Restaurant – Celebrate Taco Tuesday at the West Houston Mexican restaurant and try your luck with a lil lotería for some big prizes. Free to play; food and drinks are on you. 5:30pm to 7:30pm.
- Taco & Vinyl Tuesday at Trez Bistro & Wine Bar | No Cover – Deejay BigReeks is spinning the fire and all you gotta do is eat tacos and enjoy yourself. 6pm to 9pm.
Wednesday, March 8, 2023
- Mix & Mingle Steak Night at Belle Station | No Cover – Enjoy a lovely steak and wine dinner, and maybe even make a new friend at Belle Station. 5pm.
- Happy Hour & Bingo at Uptown Lounge – Enjoy drink and food specials, $11 hookah, and then shout “Bingo!” from the rooftops at Uptown Lounge. $5. Bingo starts at 8pm. 6pm to 9pm.
- Paul Hope Cabaret presents Glitter & Be Gay at Ovations – It’s always time for Broadway music, especially if it’s Lenny Bernstein with favorites from On the Town, West Side Story, Candide and more. $15 and up. 7:30pm.
- Comedian Rogelio Ramos at Houston Improv – The Latin comedian is stopping at Houston Improv to perform a comedy show completely en español. $80 for 2, and up. 7:30pm.
Thursday, March 9, 2023
- Wild Romance Happy Hour at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center – Get your plus-one in order for this super fun and unique opportunity to get together, drink some delicious Saint Arnold brews, and play games and activities inspired by real animal courtship. $20 per person. 6pm to 8pm.
- Trivia Night at Southern Star Brewery | No Cover – Southern Star is the place where all your Trivia Night dreams will come true. Grab a brew to keep cool cause The Craft Quiz Co. are bringing the heat. 7pm to 9pm.
- Comedian Darren Fleet at Houston Improv – Cultivating an online following that numbers in the millions, the headlining comedian muses on many aspects of daily life through social media, and is a frequent guest at comedy clubs across the country. $50 for 2, and up. 7:30pm.
- Freddie Dredd in Concert at Warehouse Live – The Canadian rapper finds his way to the East Downtown stage, performing records from his 2022 album, Freddie’s Inferno. $26 and up. 8pm.
- Shotgun Road: ’80s & ’90s Country Tribute at Main Street Crossing – It’s about to be a hootenanny in Tomball when Shotgun Road brings all the best country hits from some of the most fun eras of country music. $33 and up. 8pm.
Friday, March 10, 2023
- Comedian Andrew Conn at the Secret Group – Graduating from a viral online comedian, the hilarious Andrew Conn has become a world-touring funny man who is making a stop in the H at the Secret Group. $28 and up. 7pm.
- Houston Gaymers Charity Drag Show at Kiki Houston | No Cover – Head out to Montrose where H-Town’s very own Ivanna Cupcake hosts a night to remember as the LGBTQIA+ community group, Houston Gaymers puts on an all-things nerdy drag and game night. 7pm to 10pm.
- Don’t Call Me Sweetie: 6th Annual Women’s Art Showcase at Hardy & Nance Studios | FREE – Insomnia Gallery is celebrating Women’s History Month by presenting the 6th annual showcase featuring more than two dozen women artists. 7pm to 11pm.
- Queensryche in Concert at Scout Bar – The stalwart band of both heavy and progressive metal are heading to the Bay Area to set the night ablaze. $37 and up. 7:30pm.
- Noizu DJ Set at Stereo Live – The LA-based EDM DJ and producer is stopping in Houston on his North American tour. $7 and up. 10pm to 2am.
- Miss Monique DJ Set at Bauhaus – One of the most recognized female progressive house DJs in Europe, the Ukrainian Miss Monique, is gracing the booth at Bauhaus. $45. 10pm.
Saturday, March 11, 2023
- Seltzerland: A Hard Seltzer Tasting Festival at Post Houston – Fans of the bubbly can head to Post Houston for a Saturday afternoon event tasting from more than 100 unique hard seltzers from big and small brands alike. Held outdoors, you’ll also be able to take part in games like seltzer pong, lemonade ladder, golf and cornhole, plus enjoy DJs, photo stations and free swag. $49 and up. Sessions held at 11:30am to 2pm; 3:30pm to 6pm.
- St. Patrick’s Bar Olympics at Bobcat Teddy’s Ice House | No Cover – The White Oak ice house wants you to get your green gear on, grab your crew, and become Olympiads in the name of early St. Patrick’s Day. $25 for a team to sign up. Noon.
- Second Saturday in Second Ward | FREE – Held at the Plant on Harrisburg, this Second Saturday market event gathers Houston-area vendors, many of which from right in the East End area, for shoppers to browse and pick up everything from plants and artisan goods to food and more. Vendors will rotate each month, so every market will offer something new to repeat visitors. Noon to 6pm.
- 7th Annual Hootenanny at Eureka Heights Brew Co. | FREE – Eureka Heights is dusting off its cowboy boots for the return of its Rodeo season favorite event, the annual Hootenanny. Expect daytime two-stepping alongside music from country artists Libby Koch and the Dealers, bbq goodness from Deckle and Hide, artisan vendors, games, and the release of its beloved Golden Buckle Cream Ale. 1pm to 6pm.
- Banger Night at McIntyre’s Downtown | No Cover – Get together at McIntyre’s for a banger night when Saint Arnold’s unveils the new Banger IPA to the tune of live DJs. 2pm to 6pm.
- 2023 OMG Food Fest at Aveva Stadium – This hip-hop food festival features DJs and bands playing old school, rap and hip-hop alongside a lineup of tasty food vendors, offering eats like tacos, boudin, turkey legs, bbq, and more. Please note the location has been moved from Midtown Park. $8; free for ages 8 and under. 2pm to 10pm.
- Noche de Norteño at Ingenious Brewing Co. | No Cover – Get your boots on and prepare your bod for a cumbia as the Humble brewery unleashes the Norteño heat, replete with themed small batch brews and food from GastroCraft. 6pm to 10pm.
- Etro 16th Anniversary with DJ Blake Davidson at Etro Nightclub | No Cover – It’s Etro’s sweet sixteen and DJ Blake Davidson is in the house to spin all the best party hits from the 80’s. 9pm.
- Phyllisia Ross in Concert at ARMAHS – In the Bay Area, the world renown singer-songwriter brings her range of songs from the worlds of R&B and jazz to her Haitian roots. $25 and up. 9pm.
- Z-Ro in Concert at Scout Bar – H-Town, hold it down cause the Mo City Don is taking the stage in the Bay Area. $30. 10pm.
- Darude DJ Set at Stereo Live Houston – The Finnish DJ is bringing the “Sandstorm” to the Bayou City when he hops into the booth at Stereo Live. $5 and up. 10pm to 2am.
Sunday, March 12, 2023
- Obscure Houston Oddities Market at Numbers Nightclub – The oddities market returns to the Montrose haunt, offering 25 strange and unusual vendors to shop from, as well as food, drinks and live entertainment. $5. 1pm to 8pm.
- Gulp! featuring Nick León DJ Set at Bauhaus – Miami heavyweight DJ Nick León takes over the decks in Downtown at Bauhaus’ inaugural monthly Sunday series, Gulp! $10 and up. 6pm.
- Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure Movie Party at Alamo Drafthouse – Catch a righteous screening of the ’80s classic comedy and take advantage of photo ops with a phone booth stuffed with props, pre-movie shenanigans and delicious evening eats. $15.15. 6pm.
- Go Tejano Day: La Fiera de Ojinaga in Concert at NRG Stadium – The Norteño group out of Chihuahua perform hit songs like “No Paras De Hacerme Feliz” and “La Boca Les Callamos” when they headline on Go Tejano Day at the Rodeo. $20 and up, but you may find better, cheaper or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6pm.
- Pearl Earl in Concert at the Continental Club – Get grooving to the Texas psychedelic rock sounds of Denton’s Pearl Earl when they stop by the Mid-Main rock club. $15 and up. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).