Snag a seat to these must-see games and sports events around Houston from Monday, February 27 to Sunday, March 5, 2023.
Want to dig deeper on sports happening around H-Town? Find more games and live sports happening all month long in the 365 Houston calendar.
Top 7 Games & Sports Events in Houston This Week
- Author Talk: Kendrick Perkins & Kiese Laymon at Kindred Stories | Monday, February 27 – Former NBA player and ESPN analyst Kendrick Perkins comes to the Third Ward bookshop for a discussion with author Kiese Laymon about Perk’s new memoir, The Education of Kendrick Perkins. $35 and up. 7pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Denver Nuggets at Toyota Center | Tuesday, February 28 – The defending, back-to-back MVP Nikola Jokic comes to town to make some trouble for Alperen Sengun and his Rockets. $12 and up. 7pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Memphis Grizzlies at Toyota Center | Wednesday, March 1 – Perennial superstar hotshot Ja Morant is visiting Clutch City and he’s bringing his signature swag, along with his team of angry Grizzlies. $11 and up. 7pm.
- College Basketball: Houston Cougars vs. Wichita State at Fertitta Center | Thursday, March 2 – The No. 1 team in the nation, the Houston Cougars host their final home game of the regular season before March Madness sets in. $15 and up. 6pm.
- 23rd Annual Shriners Children’s College Classic at Minute Maid Park | Friday, March 3 to Sunday, March 5 – The Annual Astros Foundation tradition is back for its 23rd installment as Louisville, Michigan, Rice, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and TCU take the field for a nine-game tournament across the weekend. $20 and up; tickets are good for all three games that day. A 3-day pass starts at $45. 11am to 9pm.
- Houston Sabercats vs. San Diego Legion at Aveva Stadium | Sunday, March 5 – Houston’s very own rugby team looks to decimate the visiting San Diego Legion when they visit South Houston in the second game of the season. $15 and up. 2pm.
- Houston Roughnecks vs San Antonio Brahmas at TDECU Stadium | Sunday, March 5 – It’s about to be a Livestock Show & Rodeo on the TDECU field when the Roughnecks wrangle themselves up some of Dwayne “the Rock” Johnson’s Brahmas. $18 and up. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).