Party in vibrant powders at Festival of Colors celebrations and Holi festivals in Greater Houston from Saturday, March 4 to Saturday, April 1, 2023.
The ancient Hindu Festival of Colors, Holi also marks one of India’s biggest celebrations of the year. There and around the world, revelers participate in the celebrations by gathering with others in the spirit of community and playing in brightly colored powders while soaking in music, foods and festivities that unfold around them.
We’ve gathered a handful of the best 2023 Holi celebrations taking place across the city of Houston.
2023 Holi Festivals & Celebrations in Greater Houston
- Houston Holi: Festival of Colors at BH Ranch | Saturday, March 4 – From Masala Radio comes the city’s—if not one of the country’s—biggest Holi festivals, featuring a live concert by Rap Star Bali, plus Bollywood dancing, color play, DJs spinning tunes, dhol players, street foods, free carnival rides, giveaways and more. Early bird tickets are $12; $15 at the gates; free for ages 4 and under. 11am to 5pm.
- Holi Supper by Chef Anita Jaisinghani at Pondicheri | Saturday, March 4 – The Upper Kirby restaurant hosts a special Holi supper by Chef Anita Jaisinghani, with several courses served in communal seating, highlighted by experimental menu options punctuated by rich, spicy notes and featuring flora and fauna of the local area. Reservations are $5; $75 per person. 6:30pm to 9pm.
- Holi Moli Festival of Colors at Crowne Plaza Shenandoah | Sunday, March 5 – In the Woodlands area, this family-friendly Festival of Colors celebration takes place at the pool and patio of Crowne Plaza, with plenty of color play, a DJ and dholi, pool time, food, plus alcohol available for purchase. $55; VIP and add-ons available. 11am to 4pm.
- Holi Mela at Telugu Bhavanam in Katy | Saturday, March 11 – In Katy, this Holi festival is highlighted by Bollywood performances, color play, DJ tunes, and kids activities, plus a market featuring food and shopping vendors. Advance tickets are $8, $10 at the gate; free for ages 11 and under. 11am to 4pm.
- Holi Fest at India House | Sunday, March 12 – In the Brays Oaks area of southwest Houston, India House hosts a Holi extravaganza, featuring live music from Harry Anand and Aditi Singh Sharma, plus cultural programs, a Desi market and food bazaar, carnival rides and kids’ games. $10, with VIP packages available. 11am to 4pm.
- Festival of Colors: Pearland Holi Extravaganza at Pearland Town Center | Saturday, April 1 – A huge Holi celebration descends on Pearland to kick off April, complete with plenty of color play, DJs, games, kids activities, and a market featuring food, shopping and local vendors. $6 for admission to the color play zone, but no ticket required for other festivities. Noon to 5pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).