Updated Wednesday, February 22, 2023 at 2:02pm
Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide from Monday, February 20 to Sunday, February 26, 2023.
Your favorite nightlife guide is back to cure your weekly FOMO. We’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening all week long around Houston, from Monday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide in Houston This Week: February 20 to 26, 2023
- Giveaway: Pair of VIP Tickets to World’s Championship BBQ Contest on Saturday | Monday & Tuesday | FREE – Head over to our our @365_Houston Instagram and enter to win a pair of VIP tickets to the sold out Chicken Shack at the Rodeo Cookoff this Saturday, February 25, 2023—plus a Deep Eddy Vodka prize pack. One winner will be announced in the post’s comments on Wednesday, February 22, 2023. Good luck, Houston!
- Rodeo Packages at Blossom Hotel Houston | Daily – Lock in your Rodeo plan with a nearby stay at the Blossom Hotel, just minutes away from all the action at NRG Park. The upscale boutique hotel offers luxury accommodations, complimentary self parking, a $20 Lyft credit for travel to the Rodeo and back, and two complimentary cocktails at Blossom’s Rendezvous Lobby Lounge. Pricing varies by date.
- Houston Rodeo: World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Contest at NRG Park | Thursday, February 23 to Saturday, February 25 – Kicking off the rodeo every year is an epic bbq weekend—the World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Contest. More than 250 teams of barbecue enthusiasts will compete for the title, and while most team tents are invitation-only, visitors can join in on the fun at several public venues, including the carnival, the Garden, Rockin’ Bar-B-Que Saloon and the Chuckwagon. $20; $10 for ages 3 to 12, includes a complimentary sliced brisket plate with chips and beans. Times vary.
- Art of Fufu Cookbook Experience at Multiple Locations | Thursday, February 23 to Saturday, February 25 – Food ambassador Kavachi Ukegbu features in a weekend of events highlighting the rich heritage of West African cuisine, drawing from The Art of Fufu cookbook. Take part in a two-hour live, hands-on cooking class on Thursday ($75); snap into a creative flow with a two-hour paint class while enjoying bite-size fufu samples, light refreshments and Afrobeats on Friday ($75); and go all-out with a three-hour, five-course Nigerian “Belle-full” dining experience in Southwest Houston on Saturday ($125). Locations vary. 7pm.
- Comedian Gary Owen at Houston Improv | Thursday, February 24 to Saturday, February 25 – The comedian, who most recently dropped his special #DoinWhatIDo, performs in the second of back-to-back weekends of comedy at the Improv. $90 and up. Times vary.
- The Riot Comedy Club presents Graham Kay at Rudyard’s | Friday, February 24 & Saturday, February 25 – An award-winning stand-up comedian, actor and TV writer, Graham Kay has been described as “quick, clever, deliciously sarcastic and brilliantly funny” by The Huffington Post Comedy. Graham recently performed stand up on The Late Show with Steven Colbert and NBC’s Bring The Funny and more. $17 and up. 7pm and 9pm.
- Paperbag’s Free Man at Arcadia Lighting Studios | Saturday, February 25 & Sunday, February 26 | FREE – Houston artist Paperbag (Dominique Silva) features in this exhibition just west of the Galleria. The works on display highlight the Black experience through the artist’s eyes and feature other local African American artists in Michael Temple, Akaimi Davis, Morgan Newton, Amir Glover and Miles Payne. An artist talk will take place on Sunday afternoon from 2pm to 3pm. Times vary.
Monday, February 20, 2023
- Monday Steak Night at Southern Yankee Crafthouse – The West Alabama outpost of the Houston brewery is serving up smoked prime rib with sides, condiments and a draft beer fro $25. 6pm to 10pm.
Fat Tuesday, February 21, 2023
- Fat Tuesday Mardi Craw at the Rustic Downtown | No Cover – The brunch spot and music hall goes all out with an all-day crawfish boil, drink features from Bacardi, Lone Star beer buckets and live music from Bayou Roux starting at 7pm. 11am to 11pm.
- Fat Tuesday at Brennan’s of Houston – The iconic Gulf Coast eatery from New Orleans offers a night of revelry with a three-course Mardi Gras dinner with choice of starter, entree and dessert. Sin City Drag Queens will provide the live jazz to go with the festive vibes. $79 per person. 5pm to 9pm.
- Phat Tuesday at Playground | FREE with RSVP – King cakes, crawdads, Hurricanes, and more abound at the Playground on Main Street as Phat Tuesday celebrations commence. 5pm to midnight.
- Mardi Pardi at Little Woodrow’s Heights | No Cover – Laissez les bon temps rouler and party the Mardi Gras way at the Heights outpost of Little Woodrow’s. 6pm to 2am.
- The Wedding Singer Movie Screening at Daiquiri Time Out | No Cover – The penultimate film in Daiquiri Time Out’s Valentine’s movie series is playing on a hump day, and it’s a good one. In addition to The Wedding Singer, there will also be food available from Crazy J’s Food Truck, drinks, trivia and prizes at the Galveston spot for frozen goodies. 7pm to 11pm.
Wednesday, February 22, 2023
- National Margarita Day with H-Town Restaurant Group | No Cover – The best of the best restaurants of the H-Town Restaurant Group—including Caracol, Hugo’s, URBE, and Xochi—are celebrating National Margarita Day with specials on the Greatest Margarita Ever Sold, discounted to $18. URBE will offer other specials as well, including happy hour pricing on margs all day; while Caracol, Hugo’s, and Xochi will also be offering $10 house margs. Times vary.
- National Margarita Day at Betelgeuse Betelgeuse | No Cover – Say it once, say it twice, Betelgeuse Betelgeuse on Washington is calling all tequila lovers to come down and celebrate National Margarita Day with 3 drinks to choose from; the Hellfire Margarita, the Clarified Margarita, and Margarita Shots. Prices vary. 4pm to 2am.
- Jazz Wednesdays at Axelrad | No Cover – There’s no better way to celebrate hump day than at the neon garden’s Jazz Wednesday featuring some of the best jazz acts from all over the H. 7pm.
- Trivia Night: Friends are a Perk at Painting with a Twist Westheimer – Maybe it hasn’t been your day, your week, your month, or even your year, but you can make it your night with some Friends-themed trivia and painting at Painting with a Twist in West Houston. $35. 7pm to 9pm.
- $2 Comedy Show at the Secret Group – Have a laugh on a budget and watch local comedians tear it up at your friendly neighborhood Secret Group in East Downtown. $2 per person. 8pm.
Thursday, February 23, 2023
- Pop Opening Reception at Laura Rathe Fine Art | FREE – The work of seven renowned artists are on display in this pop art–centered group show near Uptown, with featured artist talks at 6:30pm. 6pm to 9pm.
- August Burns Red: 20 Year Anniversary Tour at House of Blues – It’s Metalcore mania as one of the OG bands of the genre hits the stage celebrating not only their upcoming tenth studio album, Death Below, but also their twentieth anniversary. The Devil Wears Prada and Bleed from Within will be there to start the party. $29.50 and up. 6:30pm.
- Drag Bingo at Eureka Heights Brew Co. | No Cover – Dessie Love-Blake leads an evening of drag bingo in the Heights brewery taproom. Bring your own dauber, or purchase one for $2. 7pm to 8:30pm.
- The Riot presents Comedian David Nihill at Rudyard’s – The award-winning Irish comic comes to Montrose while on his We My People Tour, sharing his cultural observations and life as a mildly confused immigrant. $20 and up. 7pm and 9pm.
- Black Excellence Art Exhibition at Elevate Creative Studios – This exhibition on North Main features the work of 10 local artists that explore their own representation of Black Excellence. Join in the nightcap session for an opportunity to network with creatives and artists. $10. 7pm to 10pm.
- Blue Heron Yacht Club presents Bingo Night at Last Concert Cafe | No Cover – The longtime Tex Mex haunt and concert venue north of Downtown hosts a night of all-ages, free-to-play bingo set to yacht rock tunes with prizes up for grabs. 7pm to 10pm.
- Sinatra Under the Stars at Post Houston – Enjoy an evening of classics from Ol’ Blue Eyes atop the Skylawn with classic cocktails, full bar and light bites on offer (available for purchase). $55 and up. 8pm to 9:30pm.
- Slim Thug presents Boss Hogging at Rise Rooftop – Head to Rise to get schooled in the art of Boss Hoggin’ by Houston’s own Swishahouse Legend, Slim Thug. $25 and up. 8:30pm.
- Laugh Attic Comedy Stand Up at AvantGarden – The ever-eclectic AvantGarden hosts a laidback night of stand-up at the upstairs stage, hosted by Netra Netra Netra. Plus, grab taco truck offerings and enjoy $3 drink specials. $5. 9pm to 11pm.
Friday, February 24, 2023
- Friday Night Fever: Beginner’s Salsa Dance Lessons at M-K-T | FREE – Practice your moves in this hour-long intro to basic salsa moves, followed by a 30-minute social dancing session outdoors at M-K-T in the Heights. Reservations encouraged. 6pm to 7:30pm.
- AIGA presents Cocktails with Creatives at Axelrad Beer Garden | No Cover – Link up with Houston’s creative community of designers, developers, photographers, makers and other creatives at this monthly happy hour mixer hosted by AIGA. Membership not required. 6pm to 8pm.
- N64 GoldenEye 007 Tournament at Big Owl Craft Brew House | No Cover – The craft brew spot on Cavalcade hosts a Nintendo64 tournament centered on the classic James Bond shooter, Goldeneye 007, with prizes for the finalist. 7pm.
- Colors Worldwide presents R&B Only Live at Bayou Music Center – Gather together for a night of classic and contemporary R&B songs all night at Bayou Music Center in Downtown. $54.99 and up. 8:15pm.
- Big Bubble Rave at Rise Rooftop – This underwater-themed rave celebrates a certain sponge that lives in a pineapple under the sea, with DJs spinning familiar tunes at this Midtown rooftop party. $27 and up. 9pm to 2am.
- Lana Del Rey vs. The Weeknd Night at Barbarella – The Midtown dance club pits the hits of Lana Del Ray against The Weeknd for a night of pop vibes. Cover charge at the door. 9:30pm to 2am.
- Sohmi DJ Set at Bauhaus – The Korean American DJ and producer performs live at the edge of Downtown at Houston’s signature EDM hotspot. $10 and up. 10pm to 2am.
- Vini Vici DJ Set Anniversary at Stereo Live – The West Houston nightclub welcomes the Israeli psytrance duo from Afula, Vini Vici for a live set celebrating 10 years as an ensemble. $19. 10pm to 2am.
Saturday, February 25, 2023
- Black Literature Matters: Black History Bookfair at Five Central | FREE – Richie Fontane hosts a celebration of literature and culture at this book fair that highlights a range of perspectives and stories from Black literature. Shop from local Black-owned businesses, enjoy live music and brunch, and try your hand at free giveaways and raffles. 11am to 3pm.
- LetsDoThisHouston: 2nd Annual Black Bar Crawl Bike Ride – Grab your cycle, helmet, and head out on a leisurely bike ride and bar crawl in celebration of Black History Month where you’ll get to patronize amazing local Black businesses. $7 and up. 11am to 3pm.
- Beards for Big Love at Southern Star Brewery | No Cover – Benefiting BIG Love Cancer Care, a non-profit organization that helps ease childhood cancer, the Beards for Big Love family-friendly fundraiser is on in Conroe and it’ll feature a beard contest, a charity cornhole competition, beer, food, music, and more. No cover, but registration for competitions starts at $30. 11am to 5pm.
- Burger Battle: Smash Burger Competition at Ingenious Brewing Company – Bring your own heat to this smash burger cook-off or grab a wristband so you can savor all the spoils at this culinary competition at the Humble brewery. $10 for a tasting wristband. 2pm to 5pm.
- Black History Month Celebration at Avenida Houston | FREE – Catch the final concert of Avenida Houston’s Downtown Black History Month series, alongside an outdoor market of local Black-owned businesses and free family activities. Catch concerts on the live stage with performances from the worlds of Zydeco, R&B and neo soul. 2pm to 6pm.
- 2023 Houston Crawfish Kickoff Festival at Guadalupe Plaza Park – The Second Ward park hosts an all-afternoon, all-you-can-eat crawfish festival with live music and DJs, family-friendly fun and pound after pound of delicious crawdads. $8; free for ages 8 and under. 3pm to 9pm.
- Comedian Willie Barcena at House of Blues – With a whopping 12 Tonight Show appearances under his belt, the raucous and sharp-witted Latino comic is known for his hilariously irreverent discussion of family, religion, race, sex, politics, and all the stuff you’re not supposed to talk about in polite conversation. $29.50 to $40. 7pm.
- Fall Back in Love Music & Comedy Jam at Toyota Center – Rip Michaels plays host to this music and comedy mashup in Downtown, joined by fellow comedians Emmanuel Hudson, Conceited, Zoie Fenty aka GotDamnZo, Daphnique Springs, and Brandon T. Jackson along with an absolutely stellar lineup of musicians like Trey Songz, Mario, Jacquees, Lil Duval, and August Alsina. $30 and up. 8pm.
- Houston SabreCats vs. NOLA Gold at Aveva Stadium – After making it to a franchise-best Western Conference Final last season, the SabreCats will look to continue their push to another year of playoffs with a home opener against New Orleans. $15 and up. 8pm.
- Doomsday Wrestling: Eternal Slamnation at Urban South HTX – The Arts District brewery hosts a Saturday night slam fest when Houston’s comedy wrestling troupe hits the squared circle at Urban South. $15 and up. 9pm to 11pm.
- Underworld’s Monthly Bash at Numbers Nightclub – The monthly night of goth, industrial and synthpop tunes returns, featuring DJs Mina, Angel Fatale and vv James. Cover charge at the door. 9pm to 2am.
Sunday, February 26, 2023
- Flock’s Beastly Brunch at Houston Zoo – The Zoo hosts this 14th annual brunch event with cocktails and mingling among ambassador animals and their zookeepers. $50. 11am to 2pm.
- Crawfish Boil Sunday at Urban South HTX | No Cover – ‘Tis the season to stuff your face with delicacies of the Cajun variety, and Urban South HTX has got the mudbugs, po’boys, fried seafood baskets, boiled shrimp and more on hand and ready to be eaten. No cover, but food and drinks are on you. Noon to 7pm.
- The Taco Mafia Takeover at J Bar M Barbecue & Beer Garden | No Cover – EaDo’s warm, welcoming barbecue destination hosts Texas taco legends as PBS films a new documentary about the eponymous Taco Mafia, which includes J Bar M’s own “Big Daddy Karne” Alec Varnell. The venue will be serving up a special menu of tacos along with its usual goodies. RSVPs requested. 5pm to 8pm.
- Houston Roughnecks vs. Arlington Renegades at TDECU Stadium – If you’ve missed the home opener, you’ll have another chance to catch the Roughnecks in the second of three home games to open the new XFL season. $18 and up. 6pm.
- Performing Arts Houston presents Mnzoli Brass: Gold at Wortham Center – Called the Monty Python of the music world, this Austrian band performs a concert that includes selections as varied as the Green Hornet theme and the overture to Die Fledermaus. $29 and up. 7:30pm.
- A Disney Sing Along Night at Dawin’s Pub | No Cover – It’s a grown up Disney sing-along night at Darwin’s, so grab a drink and get to beltin’. 9:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).