Take a tour of H-Town’s weekend highlights with our 365 Houston guide to the best things to do in Houston this weekend, from Friday, February 10 to Sunday, February 12, 2023.
Every weekend, Houston has plenty of happenings to be found around town—but which ones are the highlights that can help you plan an enjoyable weekend of outings?
We’ve whittled down our extensive Weekend Guide to offer you some of our favorite things to look forward to from Friday to Sunday.
Looking for more things to do? Dig deeper for all of our weekend picks with the 365 Houston Weekend Guide, or comb through our Calendar for even more events, activities, and things to do this weekend.
The 15 Best Things to Do in Houston This Weekend: February 10 to 12, 2023
- Opening Night at the Rink: Rolling at Discovery Green | Friday, February 10 – Celebrate the opening of Discovery Green’s roller rink with music by Yung Chris the DJ, and featuring Daisies & Pancakes skate community and skate instructors showcasing their talents. The first 50 skaters in line skate for free. $12; includes skate rental. 5pm to 11pm.
- The Bright Light Social Hour, with People Museum in Concert at Moody Center for the Arts | Friday, February 10 | FREE – Rice University hosts a free outdoor concert, where you can also brows the museum’s latest exhibition after hours. The Austin-based psychedelic rock band, the Bright Light Social Hour, headlines this evening concert, with an opener from New Orleans electronic band People Museum. Free with RSVP. 7pm to 9pm.
- DaCamera presents Cécile McLorin Salvant at Wortham Center | Friday, February 10 – One of contemporary jazz’s most exciting vocalists, the three-time Grammy winner and MacArthur fellow, Cécile McLorin Salvant performs live in Downtown. $42.50 and up. 8pm.
- Mardi Gras! Galveston | Friday, February 10 to Sunday, February 12 | Ongoing – More than 3 million beads will be thrown at Mardi Gras! Galveston—the third largest Mardi Gras celebration in the U.S. Running through Fat Tuesday, the multi-day festival features 20+ elaborate parades, headliner performances, family events, and plenty of island style feasting opportunities. $14.50 and up; free for ages 12 and under. Times vary.
- Catastrophic Theatre presents Eddie Goes to Poetry City at MATCH | Friday, February 10 to Sunday, February 12 | Ongoing – Eddie imagines that Poetry City must be paradise. But when he gets there, he finds himself disoriented in a place that “melts language.” This production runs through Saturday, March 4. Tickets are pay-what-you-can; suggested price of $35. Showtimes vary.
- Urban Harvest Sweetheart Festival at the Market at St. John’s School | Saturday, February 11 | FREE – The popular weekly farmers market welcomes back the third annual Sweetheart Festival, where attendees can learn about citrus, taste seasonal strawberries dipped onsite by vendor Xocolla Chocolate, raffle to win a fig tree, make Valentine’s cards, and more. 9am to 11am.
- The Biggest Picnic in Texas at Memorial Park Land Bridge | Saturday, February 11 |FREE – Memorial Park Conservancy debuts the park’s new 100-acre Land Bridge and Prairie with a free picnic celebration and family-friendly entertainment, including live music, face painting, and more. H-E-B will be handing out free picnic provisions while supplies last, and everyone is invited to bring their own picnics (no glass containers permitted). Food trucks will also be selling bites on site. 10am to 5pm.
- Valentine’s Horror Market Pop-Up at Raven Tower | Saturday, February 11 – Raven Tower shows you how horror can be so romantic when they put a mischievous spin on Valentine’s celebrations at the Horror Market Pop-Up where guests will get the opportunity to shop tons of local vendors and get the chance to meet classic horror celebrities. $5. Noon to 7pm.
- Black History Month Celebration at Avenida Houston | Saturday, February 11 | FREE – All month long, Avenida Houston in Downtown is hosting a Saturday afternoon concert series that celebrates Black History Month, alongside an outdoor market of local Black-owned businesses and free family activities. This week, catch the Creole soul, R&B and blues sounds of Marium Echo, Shonnie Murrell and Spud Howard. 2pm to 6pm.
- Artist & Curator Tour of Philippine-Made at Houston Center for Contemporary Craft | Saturday, February 11 | FREE – Join artist Matt Manalo and curator Kathryn Hall for an intimate one-hour walkthrough of Manalo’s autobiographical exhibition, Philippine-Made, which features works made from air-dry clay, bamboo, and plant materials with cultural ties to his home country of the Philippines. 3pm to 4pm.
- The Riot Comedy Club presents Brendan Gay at Rudyard’s | Saturday, February 12 – The nationally touring comedian offers a keen perspective on minority culture and growing up as a millennial bro when he takes the upstairs mic in Montrose for two shows. $17 and up. 7pm and 9pm.
- Dilla & Donuts at the Tipping Point | Sunday, February 12 | No Cover – Your neighborhood coffee slingers team up with Roundhouse Vintage for a morning get-together at the Downtown shop. They’ll be spinning records produced and inspired by legendary producer J Dilla, and serving up breakfast treats with coffee. 8am to 2pm.
- 8th Annual Super Boil at Now or Never | Sunday, February 12 | FREE with RSVP – One of the newest Midtown additions to Travis Street, Now or Never hosts a Super Bowl Sunday crawfish boil with live DJs, raffles, games and plenty of TVs to catch all the football action. Noon to 11pm.
- Galentine’s Day Fashion Show & Market at Post Houston | Sunday, February 12 | FREE with RSVP – Shop from more than 70 local women-owned businesses at this Galentine’s Day affair, complete with a fashion show and multiple photo ops. 2pm to 7pm.
- Ku Egenti & Friends: Valentine’s Day Weekend Edition at the Secret Group | Sunday, February 12 – Local comic Ku Egenti is putting a Valentine’s spin on his weekly comedy show, featuring guest spots from the hilarious Melissa Williams, Connor Carter, Mathis Jones, Sandra Dee, and Scott White. $15 and up. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).