Grab a ticket and some popcorn for our picks to the top games and sports events across Houston in February 2023.
This month sees the return of the Houston Roughnecks to XFL action after a pandemic pause, plus you can catch the final home games for the Houston Cougars, the opening of the rugby season, and take part in run events for a good cause.
We’ve rounded up the top highlights of this month’s sporting schedule, but you can find more on the 365 Houston calendar.
Top 10 Games & Sports Events This Month: February 2023
- 8th Annual Super Boil at Now or Never | Sunday, February 12 | FREE with RSVP – One of the newest Midtown additions to Travis Street, Now or Never hosts a Super Bowl Sunday crawfish boil with live DJs, raffles, games and plenty of TVs to catch all the football action. Noon to 11pm.
- 2023 Karbach Classic at Sterling Country Club & Houston National | Monday, February 13 – Benefiting the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, this sixth annual charity golf event kicks off with a pre-match concert by Jacob Asbill, followed by scramble play with longest drive and closest to pin contests, and local celebrity golfers. Lunch and dinner is provided; tickets start at $275. 11am to 6pm.
- 2023 Cactus Jack HBCU Classic at Minute Maid Park | Friday, February 17 to Sunday, February 19 – Debuting at Minute Maid, this weekend baseball tournament sees squads from six Historically Black Colleges and Universities in a nine-game slate over three days. Festivities also include a free college fair on Saturday, plus a HBCU celebration ($100), and a gospel breakfast on Sunday ($25). Tickets are $10 each day and offers admission to all three games that day; $27 for a three-day pass to all games. Games at 11am, 3pm and 7pm.
- 21st Annual Rockets Run at Toyota Center | Saturday, February 18 – Join in a 5K run, 2 mile walk, or a Kids 1K (12 and under) and finish across center court inside Toyota Center. Each registration includes one Rockets home game ticket, a t-shirt and admission to the post race party across from Toyota Center. Registration starts at $45. 7am to 10:30am.
- Houston Roughnecks XFL Opening Day at TDECU Stadium | Saturday, February 18 – Kick-off the return of the XFL when Houston Roughnecks take on the Orlando Guardians. Coach Wade Phillips will lead the Roughnecks, who were one of the league’s best teams before the pandemic halted XFL play. $24 and up. 7:30pm.
- Houston Cougars vs. Memphis Tigers at Fertitta Center | Sunday, February 19 – In one of the Coogs’ final home games of the season before March Madness kicks off, they’ll face a difficult challenge in the Memphis Tigers. $15 and up, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 2pm.
- Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo presents Rodeo Run in Downtown | Saturday, February 25 – Just before the annual Rodeo Parade heads through the streets of Downtown, hundreds of runners will pound the pavement for one of the official kick-offs to Houston’s biggest annual event. The morning’s run includes a wheelchair race, 5k and 10K, then timed race events. $35 and up. 9am.
- Houston SabreCats vs. NOLA Gold at Aveva Stadium | Saturday, February 25 – After making it to a franchise-best Western Conference Final last season, the SabreCats will look to continue their push to another year of playoffs with a home opener against New Orleans. $15 and up. 8pm.
- Houston Roughnecks vs. Arlington Renegades at TDECU Stadium | Sunday, February 26 – If you’ve missed the home opener, you’ll have another chance to catch the Roughnecks in the second of three home games to open the new XFL season. $18 and up. 6pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Denver Nuggets at Toyota Center | Tuesday, February 28 – MVP candidate Nikola Jokic brings one of the league’s best teams to Toyota Center to face the young Rockets squad. $12 and up. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).