Set your sights on the best ways to entertain the children at the best kid-friendly things to do from Monday, February 6 to Sunday, February 12, 2023.
This week, dive into story time sessions, swap your ice skates for roller skates, hang out with Elmo and friends, and more.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Top 12 Things To Do for Kids & Families in Houston This Week
- Rhyme Time for Babies & Toddlers at the Woodlands Children’s Museum | Tuesday, February 7 – Babies and toddlers ages 6 to 24 months, and their parents or caregivers are invited to an interactive Rhyme Time dedicated just to the little ones at the Woodlands Children’s Museum. $8 for ages 1 and up. 10:15am.
- Children’s Bingo at Levy Park | Thursday, February 9 | FREE – This 30-minute program, ideal for ages 4 to 12, is a fun way for children to practice their letters and numbers while earning prizes. Levy Park will provide the Bingo cards, markers, and prizes. 4:30pm.
- Children’s Storytime at City Place | Thursday, February 9 | FREE – Leading up to Valentine’s Day, this month’s edition of Children’s Storytime in Spring showcases a classic tale of Cinderella and Prince Charming at City Place. 5:30pm.
- Opening Night at the Rink: Rolling at Discovery Green | Friday, February 10 – Celebrate the opening of Discovery Green’s roller rink with music by Yung Chris the DJ, and featuring Daisies & Pancakes skate community and skate instructors showcasing their talents. The first 50 skaters in line skate for free. $12; includes skate rental. 5pm to 11pm.
- Sesame Street Live! Make Your Music at NRG Arena | Friday, February 10 to Sunday, February 12 – Join your favorite Sesame Street friends on this magical adventure where Elmo teams up with friends Abby, Cookie Monster, Big Bird, Grover, Rosita and others to put on a magic show for the whole neighborhood. $20 and up. Times vary.
- Urban Harvest Sweetheart Festival at the Market at St. John’s School | Saturday, February 11 | FREE – The popular weekly farmers market welcomes back the third annual Sweetheart Festival, where attendees can learn about citrus, taste seasonal strawberries dipped onsite by vendor Xocolla Chocolate, raffle to win a fig tree, make Valentine’s cards, and more. 9am to 11am.
- Grandpa’s Garden at Houston Botanic Garden | Saturday, February 11 – Join Bebe and her Grandpa, a world-champion gardener, as they explore the garden—and their own roots and legacy as African Americans—through song, senses, and stories in a one-hour program at Houston Botanic Garden. Pay-what-you-can, starting at $15; $10 for ages 3 to 16. 10am.
- The Biggest Picnic in Texas at Memorial Park Land Bridge | Saturday, February 11 | FREE – Memorial Park Conservancy debuts the park’s new 100-acre Land Bridge and Prairie with a free picnic celebration and family-friendly entertainment, including live music, face painting, and more. H-E-B will be handing out free picnic provisions while supplies last, and everyone is invited to bring their own picnics (no glass containers permitted). Food trucks will also be selling bites on site. 10am to 5pm.
- Yoga for Kids & Families at Czech Center Museum Houston | Saturday, February 11 | FREE – Join the Czech Center for a family-friendly Saturday morning guided yoga practice in the Brno Gallery. 11am to 11:45am.
- Black History Story Time: I am Enough at Fort Bend Children’s Discovery Center | Saturday, February 11 – As part of the Sugar Land children’s museum’s Black History Story Time Series, Grace Byers’ award-winning picture book I Am Enough helps readers learn to love who they are, respect others and be kind to one another. $15 for ages 1 and up. Noon.
- Black Cowboy Legacy Rodeo at George Ranch Historical Park | Saturday, February 11 – The 4th annual Black Cowboy Legacy Rodeo spotlights four generations of Black cowboys who worked alongside four generations of the George family, leaving behind a rich legacy of Black cowboy heritage that is unique to this part of Texas. Expect live entertainment, kids’ activities, food vendors, and rodeo competitions. $20 and up; $10 and up for ages 4 to 12. 4pm to 10pm.
- Monster Jam at NRG Stadium | Saturday, February 11 – Marvel at the gravity-defying experience of monster trucks when Monster Jam arrives in Houston. Fan favorites like Grave Digger and others will take to the dirt course for freestyle, skills challenges and racing competitions. $20 and up. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).