Take a tour of H-Town’s weekend highlights with our 365 Houston guide to the best things to do in Houston this weekend, from Friday, February 3 to Sunday, February 5, 2023.
Every weekend, Houston has plenty of happenings to be found around town—but which ones are the highlights that can help you plan an enjoyable weekend of outings?
We’ve whittled down our extensive Weekend Guide to offer you some of our favorite things to look forward to from Friday to Sunday.
Looking for more things to do? Dig deeper for all of our weekend picks with the 365 Houston Weekend Guide, or comb through our Calendar for even more events, activities, and things to do this weekend.
The 15 Best Things to Do in Houston This Weekend: February 3 to 5, 2023
- TUTS presents Chicago at Hobby Center | Daily | Ongoing – A shrewd commentary on murder and celebrity, this multi-award–winning musical is among Broadway’s most beloved. See for yourself why it’s still going strong on the Great White Way…and all that jazz. This production runs through Sunday, February 12. $40 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Kinetic in Concert at Asia Society Texas Center | Friday, February 3 – “The artist led, artist curated” group of young musicians, Kinetic, are making their Asia Society Texas Center debut, exploring the intersectionality of Korean and French musical identities. $25. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Raja Live at ReBar | Friday, February 3 – RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 3 winner, the eye-con with a master’s degree in fierce, and the Gemini queen, Raja is pulling up to ReBar for an iconic live performance. $20 and up. 11:30pm.
- Performing Arts Houston presents Dance Theatre of Harlem at Jones Hall | Friday, February 3 & Saturday, February 4 – One of the most renowned dance troupes in the world comes to Houston with a series of works that showcase their brilliant vision of ballet in the 21st century. $34 and up. Times vary.
- Houston Home & Garden Show at NRG Center | Friday, February 3 to Sunday, February 5 – Get inspired for your home improvement and decor projects at a massive expo that features industry experts, live presentations, and more. $8 in advance, $10 at the door; $5 for ages 16 and under. Times vary.
- 5th Annual Gumbo Cookoff at Cedar Creek Bar & Grill | Saturday, February 4 – Fifteen teams vie for the title and big prizes, but attendees are the real winners—getting unlimited gumbo tastings. $35 for tasting guests. 1pm to 5pm.
- HTX Pardi Gras at Urban South HTX | Saturday, February 4 | No Cover – Laissez les bon temps rouler as the Arts District brewery hosts a proper Texas-sized Mardi Gras party with a menu by Gastro Craft, specialty beer releases, and slices of the famous Dong Phuong King Cakes directly from NOLA. 1pm to 11pm.
- Harlem Globetrotters at NRG Arena | Saturday, February 4 – The nearly 100–year old exhibition basketball team is bringing their outrageous signature skill, athleticism, and hilarious antics to H-Town as they face off against the Washington Generals. $25 and up. 2pm and 7pm.
- Monster Energy AMA Supercross at NRG Stadium | Saturday, February 4 – It’s about to get wild at NRG as the rip-roaring off-road riders compete for the 2023 Supercross Championships when these dirt bikes come to town. $30 and up. 6:30pm.
- Legendz of the Streetz Tour Reloaded at Toyota Center | Saturday, February 4 – Hip-hop heavyweights Jeezy, Gucci Mane, da boss Rick Ross, Trina and more are hitting Clutch City hard with what is sure to be a spectacular evening of hip-hop greatness. $65 and up. 7pm.
- Thorn & Moon Magickal Market at the Raven Tower | Saturday, February 4 | No Cover – Houston’s premiere witches’ night market and occult/oddities event celebrates the pagan festival of Lupercalia and Valentine’s Day with handcrafted items from more than 40 vendors, specialty cocktails and elixirs, and more. 6pm to 11pm.
- Brick Fest Live! at NRG Center | Saturday, February 4 & Sunday, February 5 – Check out creations of more than one million Lego bricks with life-size models, live stage shows, build zones, hard-to-find merch, and more. Timed entry tickets are $19.99 and up; free for ages 2 and under. Saturday 9am to 4:30pm; Sunday 10am to 4pm.
- Lunar New Year Celebration Lantern Festival Night Market at POST Houston | Saturday, February 4 & Sunday, February 5 – Mark the Year of the Rabbit (or the Year of the Cat) with this fun festival featuring food, vendors, an Asian calligraphy demonstration, K-pop performances and more. $29. Times vary.
- BLCK History Now! BLCK Market Marketplace at Karbach Brewing Co. | Sunday, February 5 | No Cover – Close out the first weekend of Black History Month with a BLCK Market–run pop-up featuring Black-owned businesses, vendors and artisans at the Spring Branch brewery. 11am to 5pm.
- One Pot Showdown at Saint Arnold Brewery | Sunday, February 5 – The annual One Pot Showdown returns, with cookoff teams competing to turn out their best one pot recipes using Saint Arnold beer, and ticket holders get to taste and help crown a champ. $45. 1pm to 4pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).