Updated Monday, February 6, 2023 at 10:30am
Map out a romantic weekend with fun Valentine’s date ideas, concerts and more, before and on Valentine’s Day, Tuesday, February 14, 2023.
Whether you want to dress to the nine’s for a night on the town, keep it low-key and casual, mix and mingle with singles, or bust up to live comedy, there’s plenty going down for Valentine’s Day weekend in Houston.
With the official holiday landing on Tuesday this year, you can still find plenty of Valentine’s Day–themed events leading up to it throughout the weekend.
Here are our picks for shows and concerts, stand-up and more things to do for Valentine’s Day, Tuesday, February 14, 2023:
2023 Valentine’s Day Things to Do in Houston
Pre-Valentine’s Day Weekend: Thursday, February 9 to 12, 2023
- Snap couples pics at TFTI Houston | Daily – Stroll through more than 18 immersive room installations—including the Infinity Mirror, Upside Down, Love Letters, and Pillow Fight rooms—for fun photos at the all-ages TFTI Houston, located inside the Galleria. Timed entry tickets are $28; $23 for ages 12 and under. Times vary.
- Valentine’s Stay Packages at the Blossom Hotel Houston | Daily – Throughout the weekend before and after Valentine’s Day, the upscale, boutique Blossom Hotel Houston near the Museum District is offering overnight luxury accommodations for two with breakfast, a special welcome gift—a teddy bear, specialty chocolates and a bottle of sparkling wine—and late checkout. Prices vary by date.
- Valentine’s Candlelight Concert at Post Houston’s Z Atrium | Thursday, February 9 – Enjoy beautifully sultry music as the Monarch Chamber Players perform an intimate and romantic set by candlelight including Bizet’s “Carmen,” tangos by Astor Piazzolla, works by Debussy, and more. $10. 7:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Love is in the Air at Market Street | Friday, February 10 to Tuesday, February 14 | FREE – Keep the Valentine’s festivities going all weekend in the Woodlands and head to Market Street’s Love Is in the Air for a long weekend filled with fun photo ops and live music. 6pm to 8pm.
- Valentine’s Horror Market Pop-Up at Raven Tower | Saturday, February 11 – Raven Tower shows you how horror can be so romantic when they put a mischievous spin on Valentine’s celebrations at the Horror Market Pop-Up where guests will get the opportunity to shop tons of local vendors and get the chance to meet classic horror celebrities. $5. Noon to 7pm.
- Valentine Twilight Tour at Rienzi | Saturday, February 11 – Get a head start on Valentines’ celebrations with a twilight visit to the majestic Rienzi grounds where you can enjoy a romantic evening filled with live music, light hors d’oeuvres, wine, and docents that can enlighten you on European Decorative Arts. $40. 6pm to 8pm.
- The Greater Houston Couples’ Ball at JW Marriott Houston by The Galleria | Saturday, February 11 – Mix and mingle at a special, pre-Valentine’s high fashion evening complete with a cocktail hour, three-course dinner, comedy, music, dancing, and more. $150; $225 VIP. 6pm to 11pm.
- A Valentine Picnic in a Downtown Houston Park | Saturday, February 11 – Celebrate the Feast of Saint Valentine with a quaint, romantic picnic spread in the heart of the city while Houston singer-songwriter Ermelinda Cuellar serenades all attendees. The picnic price includes a choice of food, blanket, waters, utensils, plates and napkins. $90 for 2; add-ons available. 6:30pm to 8pm.
- The Divine Darlings Burly Soirée: Love In All Forms at 8th Wonder Distillery | Sunday, February 12 – If you’re looking for a sexy ‘lil start to your Valentine’s celebrations, look no further than 8th Wonder Distillery where the Divine Darlings are putting on an absolutely riveting spectacle, celebrating Love In All Forms with five incredible burlesque performers. $20 and up. 2pm to 4pm.
- Ku Egenti & Friends: Valentine’s Day Weekend Edition at the Secret Group | Sunday, February 12 – Local comic Ku Egenti is putting a Valentine’s spin on his weekly comedy show, featuring guest spots from the hilarious Melissa Williams, Connor Carter, Mathis Jones, Sandra Dee, and Scott White. $15 and up. 7pm.
Valentine’s Day, Tuesday, February 14, 2023
- Blind Date With A Book at the West University Library | FREE – Treat yourself to a blind date where readers can take a chance on wrapped books, with just the genre and brief description to go by. No pressure if it’s not a match as you can return the book and choose another. A Harris County Public Library card will be needed in order to check out books (learn how to get one here). 2pm to 6pm.
- Cupid Cruises at Allen’s Landing – Take in the beautiful city lights, sip bubbly and enjoy chocolate bites while floating down the Buffalo Bayou on a romantic pontoon ride. $40. 6pm to 7pm & 7:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Wine & Chocolate Class at Nice Winery – Wine and chocolate abound at the Spring Branch winery where lead wine educator Macy will lead guests in the the tasting of six different wines expertly paired with an assortment of decadent chocolates. $90. 6pm to 8pm.
- Valentine’s Day at Solstice at Discovery Green | FREE – Make Valentine’s Day a little hotter with music and a fantastic fire show performed by Will Brandon, who was featured on America’s Got Talent. 6pm to 9pm.
- Valentine’s Day at Axelrad | No Cover – The neon beer garden in Midtown hosts an evening marketplace where you can shop gifts for your boo, catch an outdoor screening of True Romance, head upstairs for an open mic night, and enjoy special cocktail offerings and tacos from Boombox Tacos. 6pm to midnight.
- Valentine’s Cocktail Classes at William Price Distilling – Grab a sweetheart or a good friend and head to William Price Distillery in Garden Oaks where the talented bartenders on staff will guide guests through the art of creating two different cocktails. An additional class will also be held on Friday, February 17. $40 and up. 6:30pm.
- The Riot presents Valentine’s Day Comedy Showcase at Rudyard’s – Grab a date, invisible or otherwise, and head to Rudz to hear all about what local comedians think about Valentine’s Day, however good or bad that may be. $15 and up. 7pm.
- The Moth: Love Hurts at Warehouse Live – Love hurts, love scars, love wounds and mars, and the Moth wants to hear all about it. Celebrate Cupid’s birthday by taking in five-minute tales wherein love was given a bad name. $17.50. 7pm.
- Valentine’s Swan Boat Ride at Riva Row Boat House – Boo up in the Woodlands and enjoy an idyllic winter’s evening on the water with an enchanting swan boat ride where you can enjoy delicious non-alcoholic drinks and treats. $40. 7pm to 8:30pm.
- 10th Annual Battle of the Sexes Comedy Show at the Secret Group – Rich Williams hosts this annual Valentine’s Day showcase that pits local comics and nationally touring comedians against one another for a night of laugh-out-loud stand-up. $20 and up. 7pm and 9:30pm.
- Valentine’s Day Bash: Speed Dating at Dean’s Downtown – Experience a new spin on Speed Dating in a comfortable and casual setting at the one and only Dean’s Downtown. $49 and up. 7pm to 9pm.
- When Harry Met Sally Movie Screening at Daiquiri Time Out | No Cover – We will all have what she’s having as Galveston’s Daiquiri Time Out’s romantic movie series continues with a screening of the Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal–starring quintessential rom-com. 7pm to 11pm.
- Valentine’s Day: Eats, Beat & Jazz at Cafe 4212 – Celebrate V-Day the Soulful way at Cafe 4212 on Almeda, with delicious food and a night of jazz, neo soul and R&B, courtesy of Marium Echo. $75 and up. 7pm to 11pm.
- Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band in Concert at Toyota Center – The Boss is finally coming through Houston for a special Valentine’s Day show on his massive world tour that resumes after a pandemic pause. $32 and up. 7:30pm.
- Ali Siddiq presents: Love Without A Doubt at Houston Improv – The Spring Branch comedy spot is about to be poppin’ on Valentine’s Day as Houston’s own Ali Siddiq brings his unique style of raw but relatable real world anecdotes spun into hilarious yarns. Tickets are sold by the table; $140 for 4, and up. 7:30pm and 9:45pm.
- The Love Project at the Heights Theater – This documentary and live music event from Sha Davis explores Houstonian’s inner thoughts about their deepest loves and difficult heartbreaks, set to music that is composed to represent those feelings on screen. $35 and up. 8pm.
- 7th Annual Jazz on Valentine’s Concert with Raquel Cepeda at MATCH – H-Town’s own Raquel Cepeda is bringing back her annual Valentine’s Day Concert for the 7th time celebrating love, romance and friendship through the power of music, featuring jazz standards and original compositions. $45 and up. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).